Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #1  

Default My experience with IP

I don't usually post on here but I do enjoy reading everyone's posts. I have gotten a lot of support from this site even though I haven't necessarily talked to anyone on here. I wanted to post my experience with IP, as I plan on starting up again at the end of February.

I started IP in April 2011. The first couple weeks were the hardest, adjusting to the program. I had serious nausea and felt exhausted every second of the day. After a couple weeks this faded and I started to feel really good! The nausea went away, the sugar cravings were gone and it was like I had a new burst of energy!

Overall I found the plan to be really easy to follow, however it is really expensive. The only side effects I experienced were constipation and some hair loss, both went away after I ended the plan. I ended up losing 30 pounds total.

I ended the plan in July of 2011 as I could no longer afford it. Since July I have maintained my weight, not gaining or losing one single pound, which is amazing to me!

I would say that my diet and lifestyle have definitely changed, however I do eat regular foods. I eat all the same things I used to eat but in smaller portions and not as often.

Instead of pasta every week, we have it a couple times a month. We don't eat potatoes, rice or bread with every dinner. Instead of soda we drink flavored seltzer. I still eat candy but not every single day! It's interesting to see that you can eat all the foods that you want, as long as they are in moderation!

For the longest time I wanted to lose weight and felt like I just couldn't, like there was something wrong with me. After this diet I realized that the problem was me! It feels so good to feel in control of my body again. I have the power to change my body and turn it into the one I want!

I originally wanted to lose 50 pounds so I will be starting up IP again in February to lose the last 20 pounds. I feel really good about maintaining my weight and everything I have learned over the last year. I am excited to get to my goal weight hopefully by summer.

I just wanted to share what my experience has been like, as everyones journey is different!
Photogirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Thanks for sharing and its awesome to know that you have kept it off and plan to come back in Feb. Congrats!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #3  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl30 View Post
I would say that my diet and lifestyle have definitely changed, however I do eat regular foods. I eat all the same things I used to eat but in smaller portions and not as often.

Instead of pasta every week, we have it a couple times a month. We don't eat potatoes, rice or bread with every dinner. Instead of soda we drink flavored seltzer. I still eat candy but not every single day! It's interesting to see that you can eat all the foods that you want, as long as they are in moderation!
Thank you. This is really helpful to me as a newbie. It gives me a picture of my possible future. For some reason I thought I would have to eat like this forever, with just a few extras.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for sharing your experience. I, too, was wondering what life after IP would be like. I know the maintenance phase calls for a splurge day, but I wondered if that was the only time I would be able to eat some of the foods I am missing now. Obviously we wouldn't want to go back to fast food, and high fat foods, but it's good to know you were able to moderate your normal eating and maintain. Good luck as you start back and thanks for sharing.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

I started the beginning of August 2011 and at the age of 55, hardly imagined I could lose all the weight! It worked and I have to say I haven't been starving. I know for me that it will always be low carb as I have tried other diets and nothing worked like low carb, high protein, low fat such as found on IP. Believe me, I was never someone with a lot of will power but I was able to stick with it. The high protein kept me from feeling hungry. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 4, no longer have lower back pain, feel sexy, and while my husband always found me attractive even before, he LOVES the new look with all the right curves.
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Thank you all so much for sharing! Really appreciate seeing into the future that is possible for all of us!!!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote