Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #1  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Slow and steady, pressure-free, group?

I've been away from the boards for a long time, in large part due to the fact that I've had to set weight-loss very low on my priority list due to several long-term health issues. I hadn't completely given up on it, but I haven't been able to make it a focus. And sadly due to flare-ups I recently had to let exercise fall to the wayside for a while as well.

I'm slowly getting my day to day routine glued back together, and I want to put my weight on the to-do list again.

But, do to said health issues I'm going to have to very slowly get myself back into everything to avoid another crash like I had a few months ago. If I don't gradually ramp up, especially with exercise, I know I'm gonna set myself way back again.

The kick-in-the-butt tough love motivation is really awesome, but not what will help me right now. Is there anyone who is also in need of some low-pressure, slow and easy, dust yourself off, getting back into things kind of support and would like to start a group?
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

There is a "Slow Dance with a Stranger" group on the Support Groups page. They are focused on steady, sustainable, long term lifestyle changes. Good luck
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

Thank you! I hadn't seen that, I will check it out. =)
Old 01-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

I would also add, since you've maintained a lot of your loss, that you join us over in the Maintainers, on New Year New Challenge. Most of us are nibbling away at small regains, or going for the final few pounds. You're going to spend most of your life in maintenance anyway ... might as well start thinking like it now!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #5  
Joie de Vivre!!

Oh! I hadn't considered I'd be welcome on the maintenance board until I hit goal. Thanks for directing me there. =D
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I am a very slow loser at this point. I weigh 15 pounds less right now than I did at the beginning of last year. I have lots of issues; I'm a caretaker for family members and come from a pretty dysfunctional family. Between my daily care for others AND my trying to learn to live "functionally" one day at a time I just do the very best I can do.

It's ok to work on your weight at any pace you feel comfortable with. I know sometimes I feel like I'm not adequate because I'm so close to my first goal and yet getting there at a snails pace. I let go of those feelings and embrace my positive steps. Even here at 3FC, a community support forum, the bottom line is that this journey is all about me.

It sounds like you're pointed in the direction of a support group. I post mainly with two groups here, South Beach Diet, and Beck Diet Solution. I'm trying to change my old and engrained eating patterns with Beck while I follow SBD.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote