Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default oh no..my ankle

i was on the treadmill yesterday and my ankle started burning like the shoe was rubbing against the back of it. i stopped to check if my sock had fallen. although thin, it was still covering it. so i started up again but i was only able to go a few more minutes because i didn't want to make it worse.

WELL..i forgot about it until i went to put shoes on today to go to the gym and it HURTS i can't even think of an exercise i can do that won't irritate it except for the rowing machine. not even an elliptical will help i don't think. ideas? i'm ready to just sit home this sucks.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

You can put a large band-aid on it and wear thicker socks. I think they make gel type bandages specifically for blisters. I was told that blisters and rubbing like that is a sign of ill fitting shoes. You might want to go to a specialty shoe store (running store if you run) and get properly sized.
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #3  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

There is a bunch of strength training you can do...and possibly bike for cardio? In the meantime, get some shoes that fit you proper and some thicker socks (they are good to absorb sweat when thicker anyway ). These minor set backs sometimes suck to go through, but it makes you get more creative and maybe try something new
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

i'm hesitant to think that it is the shoes..ive been wearing them since the start of the month and working out pretty often. i took today off (much to my dismay)..and hopefully when i put them back on tomorrow, the pain will be gone.

thanks for the replies.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote