Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #1  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

Default scared i wont meet my goal !

I hvae 30 more lbs to go until May.. I dont knwo if i can do it.. ive been calculating.. thats approx 10lbs a month, and my losses have really slowed down. any ideas on boosting the losses?? or is it hopeless.. i will stay on plan until then either or.. but really wishing ill make it! I am experimenting with drinking more water right now.. about 100 onzes before i was only drinking about 70..
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

That is 3 1/2 months away it won't take 10 pounds a month more like 8 1/2
pounds a month would do it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #3  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Are you walking at all or exercising?
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #4  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

while I volunteer at the spca twice a week and walk the dogs out there.. i wont give it up! haha.. its to much fun and i love them to much..
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post
I hvae 30 more lbs to go until May.. I dont knwo if i can do it.. ive been calculating.. thats approx 10lbs a month, and my losses have really slowed down. any ideas on boosting the losses?? or is it hopeless.. i will stay on plan until then either or.. but really wishing ill make it! I am experimenting with drinking more water right now.. about 100 onzes before i was only drinking about 70..
First of all, you WILL reach your goal! Secondly, what helped me when I had very small to none losses was to switch things up. If you have found you are eating the same exact things week in and week out...there is your enemy. Look for something on the list that you haven't tried and wouldn't mind trying, then check the forum for a tasty recipe. For me broccoli and cauliflower are my enemies...haven't had them since my 3rd week.

Good Luck! Keep at it!
droidgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #6  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the same boat... Lost 40 lbs, have about 30 more to go. I know this diet works but it's so restricted I feel like I'm going crazy! Part of me says just suk it up and push through the next 3 months and the other part of me says to get off, take a break and maybe if I just eat right, learn from what IP has taught me and exercise, i'll be fine... Very confused!
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #7  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Don't be so negative on yourself... Look how far you've came already.... Honestly take one day at a time. If you are gonna stress over it. You will lose slower...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #8  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Take it one day at a time! You can do it!
legacy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Agree with Jelly...don't put so much pressure on yourself.

I've since given up on pressuring myself on a timeline. This was difficult to do but I've done it. Then I'm not stressing over how much I'm losing and will I have it done at a certain time. It will be done, when it's done. Easier said then done I know...it took me a while to let go of the timeline.

I'm slowing down too but I'm close so I can't compare to people who are losing 3-5 a week anymore as I only have 21 more to go. I actually re-measured everything and re-weighed everything. Something I hadn't done since the first 3 months of my journey. Doing that confirmed I was right, my body is slowing down. It made me feel better that it wasn't ME slowing my body down it was my body deciding to slow down.

There isn't anything specific you can really do your body will release the weight when it's ready. I do agree with the other posters as well, switch it up, more water will help. Trying all the things people have suggested might help you stress less about it and if one of them works then YAY!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-31-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

So what happens if you don't meet this self imposed goal? Is it for a job you want and have to meet a goal weight for the job? Is it for a boxing match where you have to meet a goal weight? If not, then ever pound you lose is a victory. Be it 5 pounds, 15 pounds or 25 pounds. You arer healthier, look better and are better off than where you started.

Once the date has past, for whatever reason you arer aiming for, you will need to continue, either in maintaining the loss, or continuing with the journey. In reality, that day, is just another day in the rest of your life. If you stay determined, you will get where you want to be, but maybe not on the day you desire it. What's more important? The date? Or the end result?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I say I want to be done by April 27th because that will be my 1 yr anniversary on IP but if I don't get there I don't get there. This takes time to do, like the others said stop stressing about and just stick to the program its going to come off, there are no doubts about it. The closer you get to your goal the slower it will get because your body feels comfortable at that weight. Chin up, stay positive and keep coming here for support, YOU are ALMOST there!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Setting a goal is important to keep yourself motivated but dont hold yourself hostage to it. Instead of looking at the 30lbs look for smaller goals such as I am going to loose 2lbs this week. I have been stalled for the last two weeks. Do my goal this week is to get the scale to move again. If that happens for me its a victory.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #13  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post

I hear ya.... although I don't have a time line, I am really shooting for my goal of 135 lbs since that will put me at -100 lbs total.

Not sure if I can get there though.... I have a large, muscular frame and it *may* be too low for my body.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Try a different packet or two. You tastes may have changed and you might find something you love!

Try some different recipes. Muffins are much better than pudding!

I was thinking that my exercise was holding me back. I took a couple days off and saw a drop, but have resumed and the scale is still moving down. I did replace a no restricted with a restricted, so maybe the added few calories were necessary.

As you get closer to your goal things will slow. I had hoped to get my 13 pounds off by valentines day, but I expect it I'll be march by the time I get there.

Look for some nsvs too. I am finding inches are still coming off much faster than pounds. I have a strapless size 4 ABS dress that I couldn't zip over Christmas and today I can!

I also have to say that for most people "eating well" and exercise don't work if you mean eating by the mainstream food pyramid. Look at the maintainers. Most still stick to a low carb diet. I kept my original 25 pound loss off for 9 months, but I never resumes eating grains, potatoes or fruit on a regular basis. I expect I never will if I want to maintain.

And I exercise 8-10 hours a week. Intensely. Not the solution!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote