Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:32 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #377

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat on Wed and Saturday evenings too.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:40 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Oh tina.... you have had a day from **** !!
I hope you get feeling better real soon. Be sure to drink TONS of water... it will help. Cranberry juice too... no cocktail.

Well ladies... my carpet looks great !!!
You never really know how those little samples will look it your house.
The painter said he is going to finish tonight if it takes him all night too.
Tomorrow the movers come and load what I have packed and all the furniture. I think if I stay up late tonight.. I can have it all ready. Well... except for my husbands stuff in the garage and shed. He never did get any of it ready. Maybe he is just going to get rid of most of it. ????

Well... I have tons of more to do. Hopefully tomorrow night I will be sleeping in my new home. (not new... but new to me)
Old 07-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #3  

Good Evening Chicklets!

Tried to post this morning, and couldnt! web site was acting all weird! anyway glad to see that it appears back in working order! wanted to share my weigh in news:

drum roll pleeeeeeaz! I lost another 9.5 lbs since July 3rd, for a total now of 19.5 since June 5th! cant believe it, but I know I feel wonderful!!!! guess all that watp really paid off and food has been really good. (went to dinner last night) had one Tblsp of mac & cheese!!! what a treat! thought I deserved it, cheese has been the most difficult food for me to do without, some of the low fat products are pretty good, but I am a cheese-a-holic!! from way back!! just wanted to get this in here before the cyberspace gremlins ate it up!!

I will read all the posts and catch up later, you ladies have really been posting away. Check in with you in soon!

.....thanks so much to all of you who cheered me on, and continue to do so, your support and encouragement mean more to me than you will ever know!! I am most grateful! Together we are UNSTOPPABLE!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #4  

Finally, I get some time to post. A busy one today indeed.

Today I took a break from running; I needed to do my inside windows and wash my curtains, and I figured what the heck, I may as well do the laundry and get the rest of the house cleaned while I am at it (it's exercise, right?). I got a 30-minute workout in between that.

Bri's got an appointment to look at a place tomorrow that is $550 a month, utilities included. I hope for his sake it isn't another "roach motel." More good news--he has an interview in Pittsburgh with one of the pharmacies on Monday!!!! (It's for an assistant's position, but hey, he's gotta start somewhere)

Tina: Ew. A day from ! I would go to bed and say the with it too. I just went through one of those last week.

2Cute: Oh, you are too good! Yes, my cat brats ARE male, as a matter of fact

PJ: Congrats on your loss!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #5  

Wow!!!

What a great bunch you are! Thanks for all the welcomes. I feel silly telling you this, but I had visions that I would check to see if I got any response and there would be nothing. Everyone would ignore me. Thanks for proving me wrong, you have made me feel very special today.

I am trying, everyday to get back "on the wagon" but I keep seeming to have a pretty good day up until the end, then I blow it. Mostly by eating carbs when I shouldn't be. Maybe low carb is not for me, I really miss them (especially potatoes). I just want to get with a plan that I can enjoy. Cutting out the junk food has been the hardest part - but, for the most part, I seem to be conquering that. Any suggestions out there - sorry, I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned in thread 376 about a modified low carb. Could you tell me about it?

2 cute: Congratulations on all the progress you have made. Sounds very exciting! We live in a condo (apartment) and I can't wait until I get my first house.

pjk: Good work. Keep it up, you can do it!

Tina: I hope tomorrow is better. By the sounds of it, it couldn't get much worse. Once antibiotics kick in you will feel 100% better.

Tomorrow I start again! I look forward to chatting with all of you again.

Lola
Old 07-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #6  
Walking by faith

Angry Good evening ladies!

Welcome Lola! This is a great site, and this thread is the best I've found-you'll get plenty of support here!

Tina: WOW-sounds like is on the loose today! Drink plenty of water and c.j. for your UTI. If you're having pain, try AZO. It's an over the counter med, and it's not too expensive (been there, done that; got one now as a matter of fact!) I hope your car probs will be resolved soon. And I'd get on your bosses to cut your checks PRONTO!

Pam: Great job on your loss!

2 Cute: Sounds like your house is coming together nicely. I'm sure you can't wait to move in.

Lori: Good luck to Brian on the apartment/job hunting

I'm thankful for: God's love which is unconditional!
My husband and my son
My crazy dog!
All the wonderful people on this site, and the 3
sisters for coming up with a great idea

Good night all!

Last edited by Stepping Out; 07-25-2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:03 AM   #7  

Default new at this

Hello Ladies
I am very new to this site and hope I'm doing this right. I sure someone will tell me if I'm not. I was invited by thinthinker to this thread. I hope that's what it is called.
Anyway here is a little about myself. I am 49years old. I will have been married to the same lovely man for 31 years next Tuesday. and have 3 kids. And 5 grand sons. And of course i'm overweight and not very happy with myself because i am getting to the stage where I think I will never lose any of it. I hope to lose at least 12kilos There is 2lb 2ozs to a kilo. I am 5ft tall so don't carry the extra weight well. I weighed myself yesterday and was 72kilos. i also started a new eating plan yesterday and will not be weighing in again until next wednesday.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Hope to speak to you soon.
regards 2big. 2big=pam
Old 07-25-2003, 07:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Friday! I'm glad even if I only worked three days this week. I'll probably have to work some tomorrow to get caught up and so I can take another day next week. We've been in the throes of refinancing the house. Long story, but I did all the work last time and it was too traumatic so when DH kept talking about it, I siad, then find what you want done and tell me what paperwork to provide and I will. Otherwise, I'm not doing all the work again. He actually came through and may be saving us $150 a month. He did make a comment about "should have done this sooner" and my response was when - seven month ago I was dealing with my dad's death and my mom and since April I have been dealing with his mother after her husband passed away. He shut up then.

Its going to be a hot weekend here. We've had a brief relief from the heat and its been wonderful.

2Cute - Your DH is not unusual. My DH did not pack one box during our last move. I did it all until it got down to the stuff after the movers. And it was in July and a 100 degrees. He complained the whole time about all the stuff in the garage. Not that he did anything about it. He told people later that the next time we move, he's paying someone to pack everything and move everything because it was too much work. He acted like he did everything. Men are just stupid sometimes. Sounds like you're making great progress. Enjoy your new home!

PJ Pam - on your great loss! Keep it up!

Lola - Welcome to the group!

2B Pam - Welcome as well! You need a granddaughter!

I haven't read everything to get caught up. Hello to all and its the start of a weekend which are always difficult. Let's do our best to not sabotage ourselves. Have a great Friday!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:00 AM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!
I will come back later to catch up on everything and post replies, but in the meantime I just wanted to tell you that I lost 2 pounds this week!!! Which brings me to a total of 40! I love hitting those 10 pound increments!!!

I'll be back later!
Hugs to All!

2Big - Welcome to the group!!! It's great to have you here!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:49 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello chicklets
Today is a new day and I will strive to stay op. I exercised yesterday and will today too.

Welcome 2big you'll love it here. I am a working wife and mother of one son. I am 51 years old. I have lost 60 lbs so far and want to lose 20 more to be at my goal.

So far today I have cleaned out my fish tank. I haven't eatten yet but I need to.
Catch all of you later
Old 07-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I’ve decided that sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh. By the end of the day yesterday, I wasn’t OP, but… it was because I had an extra serving of broccoli and cauliflower as well as ½ cup of carrots! Guess what. I’m not going to count that against myself!

Yesterday was a state holiday here. Pioneer day is almost as big as the 4th of July. Everyone is out doing family stuff. There are parades, barbecues, dutch oven dinners, fireworks, you name it. Well, I avoided the potato chips, I avoided the chocolate, but I couldn’t keep myself away from those extra veggies. The thought that I should have still has me laughing. Who ever thought I’d be off plan because I am a veggie fiend! The day was great, though, and the time with family was well spent.

Barb, way to go! 40 lbs. down is amazing!!!

PJ Pam, 9.5 this month?!! You are the incredible shrinking woman!

Welcome to 2b Pam and Lola. It will be great having you with us.

D H just got home from work. I’m not feeling well at all this morning, so I think I’ll head to bed for a cuddle with him and see if that will cure things.

Andria
Old 07-25-2003, 10:39 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies. It is the second day into my vaca and things are not at all going as planned. The only treat I've had so far is that the scale showed another 3 pounds gone. I've got 15 to go until I'm under 200, I can not wait for that day. Yesterday I ate like crap and didn't get a chance to workout. I paid for it last night big time cause I spent most of it in the bathroom. Unhealthy food just does not work for me anymore. It makes me completely sick. So hopefully today will be better. I've got to run some errands and then I'm headed to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. DB has left me alone with his sister and nephew which means I have to entertain them all day. UGH, so I'm taking them to the pool. Right now they are watching a movie but I swear I am not spending the rest of my day inside watching TV! No way!
Alright, I'm done complaining. Replies will cheer me up;

Andria,
I was hysterical reading your post about the veggies. It's funny how we beat ourselves up over things. I'm glad you've decided not to do that.

Grannie,
Hello, have fun working on the fishies.

Barb,
Great work on the loss! 40 pounds is such a great accomplishment. We are all so proud of you!

Determined,
I know, money sucks. Wouldn't it be great if we could use fat as money.

Welcome 2big!
It's always great to have newcomers. My name is Natalie, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Hello Homebound!

Lola,
Low carb was never for me. I could never seem to get the hang of it. I feel that as long as we make healthy choices and workout we'll lose weight. Can't help you with suggestions on low carb but I hope you find something that works for you.

Lori,
Looks like your "honey" is really serious. I'm so happy that the two of you worked it out. Won't it be nice to have him near you?

Pjk,
Congratulations on the loss, that is awesome! 20 pounds is fantastic!

2cute,
Great news, you are almost done! YAY!

Tina,
You need a big hug ((((((((hug)))))))))
Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #13  

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING CHICKIES!

Good day here so far, just got my exercise in, and plan on walking at the fitness park if it is not too warm when I get off wrk this evening at 8p

I dont think I could ever catch up on all of yesterdays postings, didnt have much luck getting webpage to respond, may have just been my server! who knows. so I will get back on track with today's postings I hope.

Andria, sneak those veggies in whatever way you can! you deserve them! even though you may not savor the taste!
thanks for the cheering on! I appreciate it!

Barb....you are the tops!!! on your recent loss, and 40 lbs is AMAZING!!

Grannie: you are so right, today is a new day, yet another opportunity to choose to take care of ourselves! you can do it!

2big:WELCOME!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE! THE GALS ARE GREAT! SO MUCH SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT, AND GENTLE NUDGES WHEN YOU NEED TO GET BACK IN LINE! 2 Pam's now! pam 2b and pjk pam! many best wishes!

Lola, so glad to see you posting again, this will be addicting (in a positive way of course), it is a marvelous start and end to your day, and is here for you just when you need a little "pick me up"...

Homebound: loved your entry on gratitude, I am most thankful to call you all my friends, it brightens my day so!! Cant wait to meet you!! Hope 2cute is ready for us. Her town will never be the same after we hit it next Spring look out!

which brings me to 2 cute: you are getting closer and closer! I am so proud for you, hope you enjoy your new home!!

Tina, I second that on the uti's, taking antibiotics now-3rd round, hope this one knocks it out!! take care, and feel better soon!

Ladies time to get a move on, have errands to run before I go into work at noon, so better shake a leg.

sw 356 June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 yippppeee!! as of yesterday - down 19.5 lbs!
next goal: 10 more lbs by August 31st
next goal: 50 lbs
final goal: 130

***good book - Write it Down Make It Happen!, can't remember author's name at the moment, it has all kinds of success stories in it, about everything in general but applicable to those of us dealing with food (or any other addiction), great tips on setting goals and following through, staying on track, just wanted to pass it along to you...it is why this website is so healthy for me, I get a chance to be heard, and it is meeting a tremendous need for me!!-okay, take care girlies....later
Old 07-25-2003, 03:58 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

TGIF!!!

Where is everyone today? It's been a pretty good day here so far. It's a hot one! We are having a poker party tonight so I ran out at lunch to buy some goodies. I tried not to buy a lot of junk - got some fresh fruit and veggies and dip and am going to make a batch of cookies. The guys usually like to order pizza as well. At least if there is any leftover food it won't be too bad because of the fruit. I'll just send the bad stuff home with everyone else. I'm looking forward to tonight. We do this every month or so with 7 or 8 friends that come over and we eat, drink and play poker most of the night.

I am going to splurge a little tonight, but try not to go overboard and get back to it first thing in the morning. I haven't had a margarita in soooo long. I think I may make one. I was so happy this morning to have hit my 40 pound mark - now I am working towards 50!!!

Thin - I am so glad you popped back in and gave us and update! I hope you are in a better mood! GOOD JOB on your hard work at Curves!!!

Sandy - Loved the car picture! What else is going on with you?

Tina - oh girl, I don't know what to say, but things have to start looking up for you!!! I hope you are feeling better!!!

Deb - So, it wasn't a good week. No biggie - get yourself feeling better and get back to it. You can do it!!! The past is the past! Start again from here.

2Cute - I imagine you are up to your ears in boxes and chaos right now. I hope the move went well.

Pam/pjk - WOOHOOO!!!! "Weigh" to go!!! Congrats on the loss!

Lori - Wow! Brian is serious about moving out there - apt and job hunting! Good for you both!!! Hope it all works out the way you want it to! Good job on the running!!! Every now and then I'll jog a little on the treadmill, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. One of these days....

Lola - You are special - we all are! Let's not forget that!!! It's great to have you here!!! I tried low-carb a couple years ago and it didn't work for me - I lost about 7 pounds and go tired of it and gave up. Back in Feb. I decided it was time for me not to just diet, but to make a change in my lifestyle! I am now living healthy. I am eating a balanced diet, exercising often and drinking lots of water!!! I spent so many years on this diet or that --- I finally just had to figure out what worked for me. I have discovered that counting calories and keeping a journal of everything I eat, drink and all my exercise helps me out. I also weigh myself once a week (well maybe more, but I only count Fri. morning as my official weight). I take my measurements once a month. I have lost 40 pounds by doing this. I am taking it slow - trying to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I still have fun. Last weekend we were out of town for 3 days. I ate what I wanted, just did so in moderation!!! I usually graze --- eating 3 small meals and snacking a few times during the day! This is a plan I can stick to for the rest of my life. Just take some time a figure out what works for you. You have to make it as much fun as possible. Hanging out here with all these wonderful people helps me as well! (sorry to ramble so much)

Homebound - Glad I am not the only one with a crazy dog. Actually 3 crazy ones!

2Big - Welcome again!! I am 33 years old, married for 9 years, we have 3 dogs, live just south of Philadelphia, PA, no children - yet! Love to travel --- can't wait for our cruise in October! Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Terri - We went through the same thing with the Re-fi. I am always the one trying to get everything together and hubby is so unorganized that it was a nightmare. Last time he wanted to do something I told him fine - as long as he does it ALL. And, I recall having the same packing/moving problem as you and 2cute! MEN!!!

Andria - Gosh - your eating is out of control with all those healthy veggies!!!! Good job staying away from the junk. I wish I liked more veggies - I eat a lot of carrots and green beans.

Natalie - I hope you are having a nice afternoon out by the pool. It's a great day for it!! I am so jealous!!!

Well, I am going to do a little more work and then call it a day and start preparing things for tonight!!! I'll talk to you all later!!!

Barb
Old 07-25-2003, 07:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...2304&members=1

Hi ladies,

This is a link to the new photo album I added to picturetrail for our trip to the lake. Just wanted to share for those interested!

Catch up later!
Closed Thread