Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/15/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-22-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #2  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I was shocked when I looked at the clock this morning 8.45am, awesome. Even better I went to bed before 10. My day started out great, but taking DD along with me for the time filler while DS was out on his date was not the best idea. Thought we were doing fine, but looking back at it she was nasty a lot of the time. At dinner (where we met her father) she blew up at me, loud and embarrassing (omg, I'm never the type to get embarrassed, but I was last night). She totally flipped so she got to ride home with her daddy and I refused to talk to her the rest of the night (I'm mom, I deserve respect especially when I didn't actually do anything...I was on my best behavior ). Then DH proceeded to blow up at me enough to make DS uncomfortable. I swear I was just sitting there waiting to go to the bathroom and the whole world flipped out. I actually went to the grocery store to run away from them (hello, me in a grocery store! It was late and I didn't know where else to go). I came home had a cup of tea then went to bed. DH apologized right before I fell asleep.

Was it a full moon these past few days?

Diana you were right, that really made me laugh. Can we say Karma? Eating angry causes the ickies. That's what happened to DH last night. DD caused everyone to get angry and we all got stomach aches. I ended up buying a box of Atkins bars and opening it for comfort on my way home. I think if that 90 mins helped you to relax, it wasn't weird. I only say this though (she says in a whisper) because I went to the store too when I was upset...I am not weird

qtkitty how awful on the bruising and soreness. Your back probably hurts from seizing up with pain and expectation of pain (like a car accident). Keep an eye on the bruise. I goofed around with my mom (once) and kicked her in the shin (serious not on purpose ) and she ended up with a blood clot. Its funny what we'll let our babies do with our bodies. Hope you got a good night's sleep

Mustard welcome back. Can you no longer get the meal replacement bars? I had one instead of a candy bar...but I really wanted the candy.

1ladies sometimes I find Dr. Oz says some interesting things. I never knew that about the store. As I've said previously, I don't shop. But now you've got me thinking. I haven't been in a store for maybe 6 months and hours just remodeled, it took me forever to find three things, none were on the outside..the milk and that was it. I will have to look around one day.

Speaking of grocery stores. Walgreen's no longer accept Anthem so we have to find a new pharmacy. DH wants me to go to the store. Of course I was going to poo poo it because it's the store (a very big source of anxiety), but it's in the front and the parking is great (better than Walgreen's) so I will look into it today. Couldn't do it last night because it was too late. Let's all hope today is a better day I am going to spend it writing.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Last night the cake that I had, had soy bean oil in it. I can't do anything about that now. I will try to avoid it as much as possible in the future. Today I went to Jason's Deli. I brought my own dressing for my sandwich. Theirs has soybean oil in it. The ranch dressing that I made was from an organic dry mix. I mixed it with Greek yogurt and water. I didn't see any type of soy on the ingredient list. I'll see how things go tomorrow.

Mamkat What a day! Ha Ha Can you see the two of us meeting up at the grocery store when we are in the middle of one of our "moments"? I hope you had a better day, today.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +
My calories are a little higher than I wanted them to be. Also, my sodium was too high for today.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories
Fruit Cup 100 Calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Dinner (475 Calories)
Orzo Pasta 105 calories
Grilled Chicken 240 calories
Asparagus 50 calories
Feta Cheese 60 calories
Kalamata olives 20 calories

Exercise:
Mitch Gaylord's Perfect 10 Workout Citius Fat Blasting Cardio Workout w/#6 weighted ball
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #4  
hope | amal | أَمَل

S/C/G: 216/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4" (1.63m)

Ooo I joined the site just in time to join something

I hate posting about my food, I don't know why.. I feel my food choices are very private for some reason, I've always kinda been that way. Maybe because I find people are always so judgmental when it comes to food choices.. it might be a mental block I have to break through (though not I think today).

But I definitely need to post about my exercise to keep me on track. I'm terribly out of shape...

Today I bought a brand new elliptical. My husband put it together earlier, and I did 20 minutes on it which almost killed me
Adalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Adalyn Welcome! And don't worry, you don't need to tell us your food for the day. I'm too lazy to do it. I do keep track on a phone app (or you can do it online or the old fashioned pen and pencil way), but ther is no reason to broadcast it if you don't want to. You have to do what works for you with food too. There is no one way to go about it. But I will say it is very good to start calorie counting. It really gives you an idea of where your calories arer going so you can tweak your plan here and there to get the results you want.

Mamakat Sorry that your daughter was being a pill. The teenage years are just preparing us for their separation... Especially between mother and daughter.

As for me, I've been snacky today for some odd reason. Ate about 1700 calories today which is about 250 too high. I don't know why, but I just needed morer food today and I tried to make the best choices I cold when I needed to eat more.

Doing a spinning class tomorrow morning.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/284/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Not the best food choices

Well I didn't go over my calorie count today however the food choices I made could have been better. I feel very proud of myself today however because my boyfriend (who is a damn bean pole) went to the drive-thru today and I said "No thank you" when he asked what I wanted. Instead I had some yummy quinoa with green beans when we got home. That is not very often that I can resist, and though I love him to pieces, he is my worst enemy for weight loss. He just doesn't get it cuz he's never had to deal with a weight issue. Whatever has gotten into me, I love it! I was so proud, I bragged all day and now I'm bragging here! No exercise today for me though... Does anyone else really struggle with exercise? I literally hurt when I try to exercise or even walk for longer than 30 mins. My lower back screams at me when I stand too long and I kinda think it has to do with all the weight I now carry on my belly... Also, (embarrassing as it is to say) I often get pain on my inner thighs when I walk for too long, and I mean really bad pain! How do I make exercise easier so that I can keep with it? Any suggestions?
remi213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #7  
Melissa

Remi with excise, take it easy and slowly, start with walking 20 minutes a day, every day. When you start to drop weight, it will get easier and easier. Exercise does not have to be killing yourself and sweating buckets to be effect - especially when you arer really overweight. It takes a lot of energy to move a big body. If someone were to ask me to wear a 98 pound suit while exercising, I would probably fall from the weight and would probably pass out after 10 minutes. Yet that is what I was doing in the beginning - moving my body with all that weight. Just do what little you can do, make it a habit and build as you go, but do it fairly slowly to prevent injury.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Adalyn Hi and Welcome to the check-in. Use this check-in however it works best for you.

Remi213 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. Maybe you can try for short workouts multiple times a day. You metabolism will also get a boost each time you workout. Maybe you won't hurt with the shorter workouts. Also, try to be consistent with your workouts. You will build strength, stamina, and endurance. Good luck. Let us know how it's going.

Berry Some days we are more hungry than other days. I hope you make it to the spinning class.

ETA: Berry we were posting similar info at the same time.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #9  
Life is about balance

Good Evening All,
I was way under calorie tonight, not on purpose and I really tried getting more in...maybe tomorrow. I ate a lot yesterday, so it'll even out. I had a nice day. I had to shoo people out when they came in, seems they all wanted to talk to me today. I said 'no, yesterday was their werewolf day and now I have to recover from their attack.' DD didn't like that as we have to plan her party for next week, but hey under doctors orders 'don't anger the bear when she's angry or she'll tear you apart.' It's funny how I get chewed out for trying to save them...I think they forget how bad I get when they haven't seen it in a couple years. But my hair was standing up so I knew they should shoo for their safety. Plus, I finally got that stinking chapter written...Yay.

Remi when I started out I couldn't walk period. I was on a cane. Last summer after 30lbs loss with clean eating and recumbent biking, I started walking (with cane). Then I hiked with cane. I rested a lot through this and I have MD so I would have a lot of pain on some days. BUT now nearing my 80lbs loss, I do not use my cane and I walk for up to 5.5 miles (on good days). I only had one flair up that I can remember and was stuck in bed for a couple days. I agree about the lower back pain...I still get that. I bend over when it gets bad and let it stretch out. Like the others said, it's not sweaty and hard pumping exercise especially when you're starting out. Your body will love whatever you give it. Around the block, up stairs when you can, park your car farther away from the store...little things add up.

Adalyn I don't post my food or calories, normally. I may do a drive by but usually I don't. I also use MFP to calculate it all. It's really just a tool for you and what is best for you. I hope here works for you. It's a great place.

Berry got a question about your spinning class. I remember you mentioned you were a little sore last time. Don't know if I'm making this up or not, but don't they have padded shorts for bikers? IF so, do you have a pair? Don't ask me why that popped up in my head. But I was thinking about you

Diana I'm not sure it would be us we'd have to worry about if we bumped into each other in a store. Two ladies in a bad mood, sounds like a bad night for the store employee. Especially if we came through the line one after the other...bag, no paper. Could you just put the bag in the plastic bag? What she said and I need help to my car. I used to be a bagger, I had those customers all the time.

Well I took my beddy bye time meds and my eyes I drooping. The kids are off tomorrow...who snuck in another holiday? We've got furniture moving to do tomorrow. SOmeone begged just enough to get a rat for her 12th birthday. Dang, can we say spoiled? Now we have to rearrange absolutely everything in the living room to fit a bigger dresser so Ben (my name for it) will have a place high up. My dog will kill otherwise. Poor Moby has been put on a lower shelf. How many pets can one girl have? I shouldn't ask.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 147.6
No change (My sodium was a little higher than normal for yesterday. I actually thought I would have a gain. It still might show up, you never know about that stuff. )
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #11  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!
Had a fairly good weekend on plan, but the weight is being stubborn. I've been on plan for 5 weeks now and I've lost just under 9lbs. I promised myself I'd be happy with an average weight of 1-2 lbs a week, but you know, it's easy to lose patience. I will continue on, as I really like my plan and it is working. Thinking about weighing in fewer times during the week, instead of daily, as I really am pleased with the overall loss - you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway.....

Last Weigh In - 189.8
Today 189.6

Stay on plan.... stay on plan....
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #12  
Life is about balance

Monday WI: 203.6 don 3.2lbs from last week and 2lbs from yesterday.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Hey good people!

I've been MIA, but still on plan of sensible eating and exerciser..well until after church yesterday, lol. :-) Welcome newbies. You'll find great support here. Down a pound good people. Went to golden corral for breakfast sunday, so maybe it would have been more loss? lol Anyway have a blessed week all.

And remi, have you tried Shapely Secrets. I'm not telling you to rush out and buy it. I'll share the techniques with you. When I was at my heaviest, it was all I really could do, but now, like berry stated, I add walking to my regime once a week, due to my schedule. My goal for February may be to walk twice a week.

anywho, again. Y'all have a great week
kede
Kede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Monday.

I HATE/LOVE CHOCOLATE! OK. I just had to get that off my chest. I hate chocolate because I love it so much. Why, oh why do I feel the need to eat it every day? The more I have, the more I want. I couldn't stay on the Atkins diet because I would eat so much of the sugar-free/sorbitol loaded chocolate. Yikes. The longest I have ever gone without chocolate is 9 days. That was years ago. With the calorie counting, I can leave room for a few chocolate kisses or similar. But I find it hard to stop once I get going. Sigh. As a result, I'm stuck at 187.

Kede: Good job keeping up with the exercise. Every little bit helps.

Mamakat: Aren't teens fun? Mine was in such a mood yesterday we all just left her alone. Safest plan of action in our house! A rat? You're a better mom than me!

Italiannie: Slow and steady wins the race. You didn't gain all your weight overnight, so you won't lose it overnight either. Hang in there...you're doing GREAT!

Diana: Sorry about the sneaky soy. Great job on bringing your own!

Berry: Can you imagine strapping on a 98lb suit? It certainly would be reaffirming to stay on plan! Enjoy your spinning class today.

Adalyn: Welcome to 3FC. Post in ways that work best for you!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #15  
Melissa

Hello all! Just back from spinning class. I'm all sweaty, but Ii feel great. hubby was so sweet. I had left my phone at home and during that time the alarm for signing up for tomorrow's class went off. I was hoping that I could still find a spot as it would be about an hour late for signing up. Well, since hubby heard the alarm going off, he went to the phone, saw it said: sign up for yoga at CG. Since that message was descriptive enough and because my iPad has my log in user name and password all set up, he was able to sign me up. Wasn't that nice?

Down another .4 on the scale. Now I'm 5.8 pounds from where I was from before the holiday gain. I'm surer by now that I'm working on the fat I gained and have already lost all the water I was holding. But I'm on track, the holidays didn't derail me and I'm feeling good.