Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters start a new year---January

Greetings!
It is a day or so before 2012 but thought we'd get a head start.
For anyone just passing by---come on in and stay. We enjoy life and giving each other encouragement.

I don't like resolutions because they are always the same ones and never get done.
However, this time, I intend to lose 5 pounds in January.

Anyone want to make a resolution?

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Hi everyone! SO SO SORRY I've not been here! I was really feeling pretty blue the last couple of months. Missing my old house and neighbors, all this menapause stuff, not working, (I am only there a few times a month and just got called back about 10 weeks ago), the kids are grown and never home, I've had no energy. All I do is sit and crochet! Urgh! Anyways....went to Wal-Mart and bought SAM-E.....it is to make you feel a little better...it is working. (I think)! I got back online with my etools for ww and have felt better there too! I think that food has A LOT to do with my moods! eeek!
Well gotta run! Miss you all! Hope everyone has a great weekend and New Years!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #3  
jeanne

PS - Made a great slow-cooker dinner tonight!

chicken breast with red merlot wine, tomato paste, olive oil, fresh onion & basil, mushrooms, and some spices from the cupboard
I put that over egg noodles! YUM< YUM< YUM!!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, how many points is that recipe?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

hope everyone has a very happy and great new year-we all deserve it-let's resolve to get on these boards more often and help ourselves and each other-have a great one-mine will be quiet
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #6  
jeanne

Tina - you would have to figure it out as you go.......my portion was 12 points. I'm sure Bob's was much more!!!! lol

jeanne
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone

I trust everyone had a very Happy New Year. It's now January 2nd time to pull out the big guns and start fresh-I'm going to do this 1 day and 1 pound at a time-I'm not going to beat myself up any more-I want to get to a certain goal and with baby steps I know it can be done. I think we all just have to be positive and go forward. Yeah for us!!!
I'm still waiting for my furniture and I'm going to try and get in touch with someone today to get an ETA-you'd think with all the modern contraptions that they'd be able to tell me where the truck is now. The apartment is just about ready to move into-I get my cable, internet and phone hooked up next saturday-Next big thing is to get my condo sold-I really can't afford to carry it for too long-keep your fingers crossed ladies.

Anyway have a great day and let's make 2012 the best year ever
maureen
Old 01-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Yea, I was finally able to get on here!
Maureen, I totally agree with you. I want all the pounds gone all at once and need to be patient
Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday period. Now, it's back to exercising, drinking that water and journaling.

Last edited by Tina; 01-02-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
How many are weighing in today?
Good luck whenever you do weigh.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #11  
Susan

I made here too! I'm doing good. School is back in swing! I'm back at work on my food be exercising. However, I didn't tonight.

My goal is just be healthier by summer! I turn 50 in June and my goal is to feel good about my self!

Maureen, I knw you will be happy once everything is in place.
Jeanne, I must be slow!!!! I just realized crochet replay was your page! Tell me about the menopause stuff! I swear I lose brain cells everyday!
Tina, how re you doing?
Tammy, are you having fun? I'm jealous!
Mimi, are you ready for your move?
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I'm able to get on here using my iPad but not my PC.

Susan, I can tell you that menopause is an adventure! Mine came early. Yuck.
I would forget what aisle I parked on. Turning bright red in Macy's and Penneys wasn't fun, either. I found that dressing rooms weren't my friends.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #13  

Hello dear friends!! I am in Georgia now after a few days at Disney World. Epcot on New Year's Eve was an experience with the crowd. It was fun, I"m glad that I did it, but I don't want to do it again. lol I have been eating well so far on the trip. I even brought my bathroom scales with me! Went to Wal Mart and stocked up on healthy food for the room (well, not the snickerdoodles!!). All the winter guests at this hotel received a nice fruit basket! I was thrilled because fruit was on my list to buy.

I am going to try to figure out the tracker thingy with my starting weight from a year ago. I want it to show what I lost darn it!! (even though I had gained 20 after chemo stopped).

GRRRRR. Just tried to change tracker. I had it all done. There isn't a place at the top of my screen to cut and paste! I have a new laptop. Where is it?????????????????? 50 pound goal, I have lost 29, 21 pounds to go.

Last edited by Tammy; 01-05-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #14  

hi all-my furniture arrives saturday-YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! my landline, cable and internet will be installed also-I've basically been living out of suitcases for a month. Work is going great. Menopause-I was lucky if I had flashes they were so minimal-or maybe I lost more brain cells than I know about and just don't remember-I think I went through it fairly young also-between 45 & 50-I was really lucky-I can't wait 'til I'm in my own place then I swear I'll be back on track I hope
well I hope we all have a great day tomorrow

maureen
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #15  

Hooray Maureen!!!! I know it will be good to have things settled in.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote