Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat 1/13/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Yahoo down 2 lbs during phase 2. Starting phase 3 this weekend
Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

I have to admit with all the craziness around here I am looking forward to a quieter day today. Yesterday was nuts, but it felt like Friday all day, glad that today actually is Friday. My goal for today is to get my kitchen cabinets cleaned out. It's ridiculous some of the stuff I'm holding onto, so wish me luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Yahoo down 2 lbs during phase 2. Starting phase 3 this weekend
Way to go!! Please keep us posted on phase 3, for me that seems the most daunting.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Mustang Molly and Marcella,
I posted recipe late last night/this morning on the last page of 1-12 daily chat for chocolate drink mix packet.

Best wishes for everyone today for staying OP and their weigh ins. I didn't make it to my destination as planned due to the weather and bad roads but I did stay OP due to planning ahead. I will get there today though and hopefully my return journey won't be so bad next week.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Mustang Molly and Marcella,
I posted recipe late last night/this morning on the last page of 1-12 daily chat for chocolate drink mix packet.

Best wishes for everyone today for staying OP and their weigh ins. I didn't make it to my destination as planned due to the weather and bad roads but I did stay OP due to planning ahead. I will get there today though and hopefully my return journey won't be so bad next week.
Thanks very much for posting the recipe, I can't wait to give it a try.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. Especially when I saw a 3 to 4 lb loss each week. I am adament that I will not go back to my old ways of eating. I love all the veggies. I love my new(new to me) clothes. Mostly I love the new me. I have worked hard @ this, spent the money, I invested in ME and just refuse to make bad food choices
Old 01-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #7  
INACTIVE

Congrats, Junetwin11, it's great to hear that you lost on phase 2.

I tried the soy patty yesterday for lunch and I liked it. It seems to have a lot of possibilities, so I will order it again and see what I can come up with. I made zucchini 'noodles' and mini bison meatballs for dinner, and it was the first time I've had any tomato products since starting. With the addition of spices and the Land O' Lakes parmesan/herb sprinkles, it tasted really close to the real thing! Tonight, I think I will have salmon--I had it last Friday and may make it my Friday meal.
I'm trying to do a week without restricted bars to see if it affects my weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 3lbs a week, but I just want to see what even fewer carbs do, if anything. One thing I have noticed is a lack of energy, and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing? I am taking all of my supplements and drinking all of my water. I eat my restricted bar for my nighttime snack, so now there aren't any carbs being converted to energy overnight. However, I did have some carbs in the tomato sauce last night (I would guess 6-10g), so I will see if I have a little more energy today.
Have a great day, everyone! I'm looking out my window and there are some snowflakes :-)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #8  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. Especially when I saw a 3 to 4 lb loss each week. I am adament that I will not go back to my old ways of eating. I love all the veggies. I love my new(new to me) clothes. Mostly I love the new me. I have worked hard @ this, spent the money, I invested in ME and just refuse to make bad food choices

Thanks for posting this. Your determination is so inspiring! Several of my friends are rather doubtful that I will maintain weightloss after losing it fast. Can't say I blame them as I was skeptical and thought WW was the only legitimate diet. Since learning that WW was bought by General Mills several years ago and noticing how they seem to push dietic junk food like those 100 calorie packs, I'm convinced Gen Mills is using WW as another means to sell food products. So glad I found Ideal Protein on the internet.

Last edited by sekc14; 01-13-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Quote:
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one.
Congratulations on getting to phase 3! I certainly understand why you are nervous but know you will do just as well on phase 3 as you did on phase 1 because you have focus and determination. Good luck!
__________________________________________________ _________________

I got my order from Torani yesterday! Ordered a bunch of different flavored sugar free syrups to flavor to my drinks and IP food. I only had vanilla & hazelnut before but having a variety will certainly add to my choices now. Yum!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

All this Phase 3 talk makes me want to be there! But that is a long way off. I'm gonna try the raspberry jelly and chili today. We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!!

It's FRIDAY

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight on their WI or had an NSV!! Sometimes those are even more important!!!

I was at 211 this morning..wouhouu so this is keeping me motivated for the weekend! It will be hard since we are going out for breakfast on Sunday with some friends! We always order the good plates...but on Sunday my BF and I will have to be pleased with a veggie omelet with no cheese!! lool We could do it!!
I keep telling myself that by the end of the month I want to be 199. So that is what I am focusing on right now IT might be too high of a goal but it's keeping me going!!

Soooo this weekend I will be changing to alternatives most likely..I think the transition will be okay with the suggestions I got from the AMAHZING people here

Have a great day everyone, you are worth it =)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Your determination is so inspiring! Several of my friends are rather doubtful that I will maintain weightloss after losing it fast. Can't say I blame them as I was skeptical and thought WW was the only legitimate diet. Since learning that WW was bought by General Mills several years ago and noticing how they seem to push dietic junk food like those 100 calorie packs, I'm convinced Gen Mills is using WW as another means to sell food products. So glad I found Ideal Protein on the internet.
WOW, that's interesting....I don't know much about WW (might be sharing and researching that a bit more for my own personal interest...thanks for sharing that!), I did WW once lost 40 lbs, my sister joined with me and said "watch me lose more then you" and I lost my focus. This is why I try HARD not to compare or make it any sort of competition, that it's my journey and no one elses.

I hate that it costs so much a week for someone to weigh you to be accountable...but then I started IP years later! HAHAHA It's a no thinking plan and I'm with Junetwine11 (you'll do great!) as to being nervous about phasing off...but I know I'll just be as neurotic about it as I was about phase 1 until I'm comfortable. "I've worked to hard to get here and turn back...I got this!"

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-13-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.
You CAN have a few of the White Cheddar Ridges! Or put a few Southwest Cheese Flavored Protein Curls on top of it. Not a lot because that would be too many carbs but a few might just satisfy that need to have cheese and crackers on your chili. I LOVE this diet because if you have a craving for something it can usually be met with an Ideal Protein product. Enjoy your chili!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #14  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday the 13th!!!! Hopefully all you with weigh-ins will have unusually LUCKY success!

So I'm on day 11 and just chugging along. I don't remember who said it (it was a couple of days ago) but someone had said that they had a very cramp reduced almost pain-free but very heavy period and i'd have to agree here. It's been nice not to have to take anything for pain or hang out with a heating pad. I'm wondering if it's a reduction in inflammation that the diet seems to have. I have also been taking krill oil and wondering if that's affecting it as well.

Interesting to know about WW because it's the diet I think that is generally acknowledged to be "the most healthy". It was always too hard for me as I was starving constantly. In retrospect I remember them always talking about complex carbs, veggies, fruit, dairy and meat and then passing out coupons for little simple carb treats each week, lol!

Well, it's a beautiful day in SW Missouri. There's snow on the ground and it's supposed to be 63 degrees on Monday and my husband wants to take our daughter to the zoo because he is off work. That will be my first day trip on IP but I think it will be very easy to manage.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Almost through with week two Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.

I mean in reality there are people who go on salad diets all the time or people who just generally eat just veggies and chicken, without taking supplements or following through the guidance of a coach. I think i diet is a diet and it's all about eating healthy if we are eating healthy we are ultimately all trying to be healthier individuals. Anyways, the talk about ip versus alternatives made me feel like I shouldn't post my success thusfar. BUT I wanted to put forth my two cents!!!HOWEVER, i hope that everyone continues their success and weight loss. We ALL want to be HEALTHY!
Closed Thread