Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Default Protein-rich options?

I have just started calorie-counting this week. So far it's been working great for me, as it keeps me motivated by seeing my everyday change in eating habits.

I've just started counting the nutrients I take in every day, and I realized I have a very protein-poor diet. I need some suggestion of protein-rich foods (preferrably not rich in either carbs or fat), especially for lunch and dinner.

Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #2  

These are great suggestions, thanks! Cheese and fish, such as tuna and salmon, is someting I've forgotten about lately and could easily incorporate it. And protein powder might go great, if I'm still not able to find enough protein from foods.

I'm not a picky eater, but where I come from we eat loads of carbs (not so much fat), so sometimes it proves to be hard to find protein-rich options.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #3  

Egg whites can be scrambled with all sorts of vegetables. I just had 3 egg whites scrambled with some onion, cooked baby broccoli, cottage cheese, and a bit of lean sausage. Super filling and a great protein hit that keeps you full.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I like beans, especially refried beans, I was really surprised but they are low in calories and go a long way. I also like greek yogurt, string cheese and other cheeses, eggs and egg whites, peanut butter, and of course, meats.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #5  

Thank you for the suggestions, tommy and 4star! I actually checked on beans and they're also ridiculously high on fiber! Exactly what I've been looking for

Also bought some cottage cheese, it is a great option with not so many calories!

Thank you, everyone!
Closed Thread