Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1  

Default 30-Something Newbie

Hi!

I have said hello on the introduction page, and another kind member suggested joining a support group...so here I am.

I'm in my mid-30s (I really just want to forever say I'm 29 )

Started eating healthy in the last year, cut out all HFCs and most processed foods. I buy as much organic foods as I can, and try to cook at home as much as possible...DH still likes to eat poorly, so it's been hard to really stick to a good meal plan.

I was using the Wii-EA Active program, but started craving a longer more intense workout, so I ordered the P90x system. Used to go to the gym so I have an idea what I'm getting into.

Currently, I am unemployed, and have been for the last 2 years, so maybe getting in shape and this forum will help keep my mind occupied with positive thoughts!

I've set my first mini goal: 10 pounds by Valentine's Day.

S149/C149/G125
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #2  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! You'll do great! Just stay positive & committed! Use the board if you need any help or have questions, everyone is really awesome!
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #3  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

to 30 somethings.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
Hi!

I have said hello on the introduction page, and another kind member suggested joining a support group...so here I am.

I'm in my mid-30s (I really just want to forever say I'm 29 )

Started eating healthy in the last year, cut out all HFCs and most processed foods. I buy as much organic foods as I can, and try to cook at home as much as possible...DH still likes to eat poorly, so it's been hard to really stick to a good meal plan.

I was using the Wii-EA Active program, but started craving a longer more intense workout, so I ordered the P90x system. Used to go to the gym so I have an idea what I'm getting into.

Currently, I am unemployed, and have been for the last 2 years, so maybe getting in shape and this forum will help keep my mind occupied with positive thoughts!

I've set my first mini goal: 10 pounds by Valentine's Day.

S149/C149/G125
WELCOME!! And boy, does that bolded sound like my life, lol... Its so hard. And my DH JUST YESTERDAY (after me doing this for over a year) said to me 'boy, i bet its harder for you to stay on your plan when i eat so bad around you..' GEE, THANKS!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote