Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/200/200

Height: 6' 2"

Default Crazy Simple, Cheap and Very Effective

If you're attracted to the basic concepts of simple, cheap, effective and healthy, I would recommend the basic smoothie/meal replacement protocol.

You don't have to think, go to meetings, or empty your wallet. Just select your product and go. Add in a 15 minute intensive exercise and the fat will melt like butter on a hot knife.

Look forward to your one regular meal per day (typically dinner) of fresh, healthy food of your choosing. Add in a few 100 calorie snack during the day/evening and you're done. Rinse and repeat.

On a cost per meal basis, Ideal Shape is excellent at about $1.35 per meal. GNC Lean is also good at $1.87/meal. Medifast, SlimFast, Prograde, and Shakelee are progressively more expensive per meal. ********** tops the chart at about $4 per meal (a bit cheaper in you become a coach).

Sure, you have to learn to deal with all sorts of emotional demons, just like on any other diet, but that's a subject for another day!
Wimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Speaking for myself, I've tried that, been bored out of my skull. I like that Medifast does most of the work for me, and I don't have to drink shakes all day. In fact, I haven't ordered shakes in months - I'm loving having bars and pretzels and hot cocoa and chili.

If DIY meal replacement works for you, great. But it's not our choice, so let us do this the way we want to.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #3  

Ooops...I get it...you don't like meal replacement shakes.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #4  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

So, which system did you use to lose your weight Wimpster?
speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  

Default Meal Replacement

Hi SpeedofSound,

For most of my weight loss, I just used portion control, elimination of junk food and sodas and regular exercise; coupled with mucho mental gymnastics!

However, there have been chunks of time when I found meal replacement was very efficient and effective. I like SlimFast chocolate which I can add small amounts of fruit and nuts for flavoring.

Works for me and millions of others!

Wimpster
Old 03-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Why is it that you can post the names of all the different weight loss programs, but not shake (ology) which shows up as all XXXXs? I started it today after a friend of mine has had good success with it. I thought mine was delicious this morning and I loved that they send a little menu suggestion sheet with it to add, peanut butter, pineapple, berries, bananas, mint, etc. to keep it less boring. I'm hoping it will help with my energy and weight loss. I'm just doing one in the morning, salad with protein for lunch and healthy option dinner. I've completely cut out chips, desserts and greatly increased my water and vegetables.

Good luck everyone.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote