Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/277/150

Height: 5 foot 3 and a half

Default Start of my 7th week on IP

Hi,
I have been reading about others on this program and it is so encouraging! This is my first post as I am a bit shy to start posting.

Today is the start of my 7th week on IP and have lost 31 lbs since being weighed last Wednesday. I have tried so many programs and I have finally found something that works for me! My mom, who is 76, has joined me and she has lost 19 lbs too! She is wondering though what happens when she starts eating more regular food as she is over halfway to her goal weight. She has worked hard at this and wants to avoid regaining the weight.

Does anyone have any experience that they met their weight loss goal and was able to keep the weight off?

Thanks for your help.

Jacqueline
jbernauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

check out the experience and Maintainer threads. We have Threads for ALL topics without starting new ones!....Read before starting new threads, its out there, just look for the topic
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/277/150

Height: 5 foot 3 and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
check out the experience and Maintainer threads. We have Threads for ALL topics without starting new ones!....Read before starting new threads, its out there, just look for the topic
My apologies. I didn't realize I wasn't suppose to be starting a new topic for a question I had. I have been looking for an answer to my question but didn't find one.
jbernauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #4  

No need to apologize, just most of the ones who are maintaining don't don't read the new threads since everyone seems to be starting one for every question. Just wanted to let you know that their is a Maintaining Thread that you could ask your question in. Here is a link to help you....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-3-a.html
Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #5  

My first week I lost 14 pounds I am feeling good
Way overweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way overweight View Post
My first week I lost 14 pounds I am feeling good
AWESOME!!!...keep up the good work....have you joined our Valentine's Challenge? here is a link...add your name and fill in your weighs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UVVdwaVE#gid=0
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernauer View Post
Hi,
I have been reading about others on this program and it is so encouraging! This is my first post as I am a bit shy to start posting.

Today is the start of my 7th week on IP and have lost 31 lbs since being weighed last Wednesday. I have tried so many programs and I have finally found something that works for me! My mom, who is 76, has joined me and she has lost 19 lbs too! She is wondering though what happens when she starts eating more regular food as she is over halfway to her goal weight. She has worked hard at this and wants to avoid regaining the weight.

Does anyone have any experience that they met their weight loss goal and was able to keep the weight off?

Thanks for your help.

Jacqueline
WUV's answer is spot on but I'd like to make an observation. There is NO one way that works for everyone in maintenance, although the principles stay the same. I suggest she (you, too?) read Dr Chanh's book the whole way through to get a good sense of the flow of the program. Then go up to the stickies and read the 2 Maintenance threads in addition to the one that's open now. Why? To be able to follow a lot of different people as they explore and manage maintenance and to get a sense of the diversity of responses to maintenance. And finally, I'm much closer in age to your mother than most of the people on the maintenance and I gained the maximum, 5 pounds, in Phases 2-5. I also found I couldn't comfortably go over 1300 calories a day, and that starches had to be very limited. But that's me; not your mother. She is losing weight faster than I did so perhaps she will respond quite differently. And she may not be somewhat encumbered by hypothyroidism, etc. Anyway, hope this helps.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #8  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the Valentines Day link Lisa! I'm on board
lindac36 is offline   Reply With Quote