Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: sw 208 / cw 208 / gw 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting IP need some assistance

very long story but I'm trying to start IP on Monday. I took my oreintation and purchased food 6 months ago but was unable to start due to finances and continued female issues that I believe would have wasted my money on IP.

I was so excited and ready to go in July but now I'm just worried I'm going to do it incorrectly. I plan to schedule an appointment to meet with my new coach but really want to start with what I have already.

can anyone please review the dos and don'ts of the program until I can meet my coach. (I'm missing some paperwork too). I understand the no carbs portion (similar to Atkins but low fat too) but basically forgot what I need to eat in addition to packages.

also, has anybody done IP while dealing with Menorrhagia? (no cysts, etc. just continuous bleeding even after Mirena)

I appreciate any assistance. (I am skimming thru the forums too but a quick how-to would help alot).

Thank you!!!!

Last edited by ToastNJam; 01-07-2012 at 10:27 PM.
ToastNJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Breakfast shake or restricted
Lunch Shake, or restricted, 2 cups of veggies and a salad
Dinner 8oz of meat/fish/chicken, 2 cups of veggies and a salad
snack shake
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #3  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Check out a lot of the stickys... Read the last week or so in daily chats.... There are a lot of newbies on this board... Take a couple days and read read read... There are many attachments here and there of what you can and can't have.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #4  

thank you!!!

First, you both have such amazing weight loss. Im starting at 208 but with potential hormone issues I'm not sure what to expect. I've been told that losing weight may help the hormone issues resolve itself. **hoping**

I was up until 3am reading. not sure how much I kept in there was so much. if i can make it through a week with the basics i will work on the recipes.

again, thanks!

Last edited by ToastNJam; 01-08-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Here's the basic Phase 1 sheet you'll need. And check out the sticky which links to all the threads about each phase, recipes, restricteds, exercise ect. Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions.pdf (78.4 KB, 48 views)
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #6  

Thank you Navy Mommy (I am a proud Army mom). This was the sheet I couldn't find.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Make sure you only have 1 restricted item a day.

This diet will have an affect on your hormones, so maybe a call to your MD will ease your mind before starting. For me, I've had heavier, more frequent TOM (time of month), that have lasted sometimes 2-3 days longer than usual. I've read here that burning fat releases estrogen and that's the cause of it. Those on birth control are encouraged to take extra precautions and some IP dieters have started TOM again after being in menopause. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/212/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastNJam View Post
Thank you Navy Mommy (I am a proud Army mom). This was the sheet I couldn't find.
Hi ToastNJam! I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and going to my first IP appointment on Tuesday. VERY excited! Does anyone know if you get your food and everything the at the first appointment? They told me to plan on being there from 45 minutes to an hour. Just curious if ill be able to start on Wednesday or if ill have to wait till my next appoinment.
lisak21629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak21629 View Post
Hi ToastNJam! I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and going to my first IP appointment on Tuesday. VERY excited! Does anyone know if you get your food and everything the at the first appointment? They told me to plan on being there from 45 minutes to an hour. Just curious if ill be able to start on Wednesday or if ill have to wait till my next appoinment.
You get everything that dy to start the next day. They will explain the program to you, ask if you have questions, weigh and measure you. 45mins sounds about right......good luck!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #10  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastNJam View Post

Hi
I saw you are located in Frederick, Md and looking for others in your area.I am located in Germantown, MD. So we are only about 20-30 mins from each other. I am using a IP center about 2 miles from my home and the doctor (Chiropractor) is the county rep for IP. I have been very impressed with them so far. I actually got calls from them yesterday and today checking on me and to see how I am feeling. I am on day three and have had no problems. I think the key to the packets is to "doctor" them up. I made cauliflower mashed "mock potatoe" tonight using the leek soup and it was great. Check out the recipe section. I printed off a bunch of stuff from this section and fun with packets and it has really helped.

Keep in touch and good luck.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #11  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Make sure you only have 1 restricted item a day.

This diet will have an affect on your hormones, so maybe a call to your MD will ease your mind before starting. For me, I've had heavier, more frequent TOM (time of month), that have lasted sometimes 2-3 days longer than usual. I've read here that burning fat releases estrogen and that's the cause of it. Those on birth control are encouraged to take extra precautions and some IP dieters have started TOM again after being in menopause. Good luck with whatever you decide!
I was wondering about the effects on TOM after seeing some posts about people's WI at TOM. It's good to know some of things that could happen so I don't have to worry. How does TOM factor into WI's?
PBNJENNISANDWICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #12  

Question Confused (But that's nothing new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Here's the basic Phase 1 sheet you'll need. And check out the sticky which links to all the threads about each phase, recipes, restricteds, exercise ect. Hope this helps!
The Phase 1 sheet I got from my coach has a date of 5/24/11 on it and lists 8 oz of Fish, Seafood, Beef, Poultry, Pork or Veal. I noticed that this one says 5 - 8 oz of either. Trying to figure out which is correct. I'm still in my first wk and really struggling getting down 8 oz of meat/protein at Dinner.
PeggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyG View Post
The Phase 1 sheet I got from my coach has a date of 5/24/11 on it and lists 8 oz of Fish, Seafood, Beef, Poultry, Pork or Veal. I noticed that this one says 5 - 8 oz of either. Trying to figure out which is correct. I'm still in my first wk and really struggling getting down 8 oz of meat/protein at Dinner.

The one you got from you coach is the new one, it is correct.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
The one you got from you coach is the new one, it is correct.
Rissimo, thanks for answering. Have only been eating chicken and lean ground beef. So guess I'm going to have to try something else.
PeggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
I was wondering about the effects on TOM after seeing some posts about people's WI at TOM. It's good to know some of things that could happen so I don't have to worry. How does TOM factor into WI's?
If you retain water you will have a very small weight loss if any so just be prepared for that mentally. I don't remember who it is but one of the newbies that just started her first WI she loss 10.6lbs then her next WI was a gain of 10lb BUT she started her TOM. So it can affect you in a major way