Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6.5"

Default ~ January Jewels ~

This is a group for new ladies starting out on their journey to be fit. All are welcome!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #2  

I guess I will start with an introduction

Hi

My name is Laura and I'm 33. I have a hubby and two kids and I work full time. I am hoping to lose 73 pounds total. I have struggled with weight on and off my entire life and I'm ready to lose it for good. Hoping to find some friends who would like to do the same.

I am using calorie counting and moderate excercise for now. I have started with about 1300-1500 calories and will move down when/if the weight stops coming off.

Tomorrow I head back to work after a two week holiday with the kids. NOT looking forward to it as I have a really high stress job and hoping that I don't eat my way through the stress from now on.

Looking forward to meeting some of you too!

Last edited by Laura78; 02-12-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #3  
Fat Fox

S/C/G: 187/181.5/136

Height: 5'5

Hiya Laura,

Hope you don't mind me popping into join you?

Foxevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Hey Girls!

I'm Hilary. I'll be 29 this week Thursday, I'm a nanny for 3 kids (6, 2.5 and 10 months) and a college student. I'm just starting to diet, Again. 2 years ago I lost 105lbs and now I've gained almost all of it back.

I'm ready to STOP the Yo-Yo and start my life!

I am going to try calorie counting too, Laura. I did WW before but don't have the money to sign up again. I have a free gym membership, that I have yet to take advantage of (but am about to start going) and I want to start running again.

Thanks for starting this thread, should be a good tool for us all.

Last edited by HilaryAnne; 01-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
HilaryAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Laura

I'm Susan this is my first day and first blog on chicks. I am desparely trying to lose weight and keep it off. YoYoing has been my life for a few years. Hope to do it right this time
Seekingsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #6  

Hi Susan. Welcome!

What type of plan are you following?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I'm a 30 year old female. Like so many, I'm tired of the yoyo dieting. I'm fed up losing it, feeling good about myself & then putting it back on & feeling disappointed with myself. I'm trying to do it the "right" way this time. No fads, just a good calorie controlled diet with some exercise thrown in. I want it to be something I can maintain, rather than something that gets the weight off but is impossible to maintain in the "real world".
I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all & seeing you all lose the weight. Lets go girls!

-Laura78- Great choice of name!
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies! Glad you have join me here

LW12 - I feel exactly the same way about wanting to do something I can maintain. For the last several days I've been trying to look at recipes and things that I love eating but won't be so fatty. I have, however, decided to give up things like pasta and chips because I can never have just "a bit", maybe I'll incorporate them back in sometime. I have recently discovered my LOVE for avocados, but I get nervous with the fat content. But they are OH SO YUMMY and good for me too....so I'm torn.

Susan - Hi there! Would love to get to know you more and share this journey with you.

Hilary - Sounds like you have a busy life. I have also lost and gained. The most I lost was 50 lbs when I got down to 167 lbs about 4 years ago (when I was your age!) and then I started working and have since gained those 50 lbs back plus an additional 6 Have you ran before? Everytime I try to start a running program I blow my knees out, so this time I'm sticking with the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. Maybe whe I'm 30 or 40 pounds lighter I can try running again.

Foxevil - Of course you're welcome to join us. What are your goals?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #9  

Laura - I AM busy!! Trying to fit everything I want and need to do in a day can be a challenge sometimes. LOL

Back in 2010, when I lost all the weight the first time, I did run a LOT. I started doing the Couch to 5k program (a little running with lots of walking and then adding more running little by little) and ran in a few 5k's, 10k's and even trained for a 25k (got up to 10 miles at a time) before getting bronchitis. I never ran further than my 10 mile training run and since then have only run a 5k or 2. It's been a year since I've even attempted a run.

Back at the beginning, just with the knowledge this time that I CAN be a runner.

Definitely be gentle to your knees. Good running shoes, or training on a treadmill or track for cushioning, can be very helpful.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

- Laura78 - Is there anything on those Walk Away The Pounds DVDs that you could suggest. Like I said earlier, I'm currently power walking but maybe there's something on that DVD that I could try that I'm currently not trying. As much as I want to begin running, I don't feel like I'm there just yet.
I'm cutting out chips & what I class as "crap" apart from the very very occassional treat, but I am allowing myself a portion of bread & pasta once a week.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #11  

Default Hi back Laura

I buy brooks addictions to help my knees but I walk too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura78 View Post
Hi Ladies! Glad you have join me here

LW12 - I feel exactly the same way about wanting to do something I can maintain. For the last several days I've been trying to look at recipes and things that I love eating but won't be so fatty. I have, however, decided to give up things like pasta and chips because I can never have just "a bit", maybe I'll incorporate them back in sometime. I have recently discovered my LOVE for avocados, but I get nervous with the fat content. But they are OH SO YUMMY and good for me too....so I'm torn.

Susan - Hi there! Would love to get to know you more and share this journey with you.

Hilary - Sounds like you have a busy life. I have also lost and gained. The most I lost was 50 lbs when I got down to 167 lbs about 4 years ago (when I was your age!) and then I started working and have since gained those 50 lbs back plus an additional 6 Have you ran before? Everytime I try to start a running program I blow my knees out, so this time I'm sticking with the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. Maybe whe I'm 30 or 40 pounds lighter I can try running again.

Foxevil - Of course you're welcome to join us. What are your goals?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #12  

Default Hi Hillary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryAnne View Post
Hi Susan. Welcome!

What type of plan are you following?
Just a life change of eating habits. I use food for stress.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #13  

Susan - Is that a type of shoe?

LW - I've lost alot of weight in the past using the WATP DVDs. I have several of them and they range from low intensity to higher intensity (with power "runs") and most of them have some sort of toning either using weights or bands. I really love Leslie's perkiness. I love "Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection" which comes with the stretchie band. There are 1,2,3, and 4 mile walks on this one. Look it up on Amazon and you can see all the great reviews!

Hilary - It was on the couch to 5k that I really hurt my knees. I can't even remember how far I got, but I was loving it so much. I had dowloaded something from itunes that told me when to walk and run on my ipod with great muic. I think I'll make 170 my weight to try to start that again. I think was around 200 when I tried it last. Do you have a treadmill or do you do it outside?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #14  

Hi everyone, I would like to join you. I'm Caryn and I live in Grand Rapids, MI. Hilary -were you training for the Riverbank 25k? Just wondering since I see you live in MI too. I am 36, full time worker and mommy with a wonderul supportive husband. I would like to lose about 30 lbs. Well 40 would be great, but I like to keep it real. I have lose weight with WW before, but this time bought that new fad thing PINK method. I know you don't need the latest, but I really wanted something to get me motivated, something to be excited about, something NEW. It's a lot like South Beach but with 3 different levels of workout DVD's. The first couple weeks the eating plan is a bit rigid, so for 2 days it's been mainly veggies and protein. Kinda hungry, but not too bad. When I feel stressed or bored or tempted or whatever, it sure would be great to have a place to go to read others frustrations, exchange support, etc. I wish everyone well and hope to get to know you!
cestets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #15  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Hi Everyone!
My name is Jen and and am 30 and married with no kids (but 3 fur babies and I am a student. I started following WW on my own ( I don't like the meetings) in October and I have lost 30 pounds so far. The only exercise I do right now is walking but I am starting a yoga class next month. I am really excited to have found this site and I love the idea of this newbies group!! I am planning to lose the weight pretty slowly. I am happy with losing 5 pounds a month or so. The first 30 came off pretty fast but seems to be slowing down and I am ok with that. I don't deprive myself of anything - if I really want something I find a way to fit it in my points. If I can't fit in it, I usually decide it's not worth it. I find as long as I eat a lot of veggies and fiber and stick close to the points I seem to lose. I have to have it realistic for me to stick to forever or I know I will fail. I have cut out some things totally like pop but mostly it's just been a drastic cut in portion sizes. I like exercise once I get into it but usually find it hard to get motivated. I am hoping I will like the yoga Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote