Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

Cool what are your rewards for reaching your goal weight?

I'm assuming that most of us have little (or big!) rewards for ourselves stored up for when we reach our goal weights. Not the I'm-totally-going-to-eat-a-whole-chocolate-cake kind of reward, but something more...long-term? Practical?

I've always wanted to be pretty. I've never believed that I have been, and I somehow link this to my weight. It is my belief (which I know could just be a mental problem) that if I lose my weight then I'll suddenly think that I'm somewhat beautiful. As such, my rewards for myself are pretty much all appearance-related. So I don't mean a special vacation or buying myself a new stereo, though that would be pretty cool too....

My potential rewards:
1. I want a fairly large mermaid tattoo on my leg, reaching from the side of my knee and crossing my shin and down the other side of my leg. Not sure you can picture that. I have a tiny tattoo of a flower on my foot, and I have always been obsessed with mermaids and always wanted a mermaid tattoo. Still have not found a satisfactory one though.

2. I'd like to get my hair colored to a lighter shade of brown. It's dark brown right now, but not so dark as it looks black or anything. I'd really like it to look slightly lighter with pretty gold-ish touches. I would only trust a professional hair stylist to do this and I imagine it won't be very cheap.

3. I want one of the moles on my face removed. It's truly a "beauty mark" in the classic position almost in the same exact place as Marilyn Monroe's, but I've never liked it and don't think I can really "work it" like she did! I have another one right smack dab in between my eyes, but that one doesn't bother me.

What are yours?
    Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm considering a "reminder" belly button piercing depending on how things look at that area. But being a healthy weight will really be its own reward for me. (I know, I'm no fun!)
    JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

I really want a telephoto lens and a new Nikon camera to get into wildlife photography, so its set as my reward for the moment. Although I am currently considering making the telephoto lens my midway prize (150 lb goal) despite it being more expensive than the camera body...That's not cheating right?

Last edited by DesertTabby; 01-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/193/154

Height: 5' 9

A whole new wardrobe!! I always wear black trousers but I would really love to jeans but I just cant find a pair to fit me well.

As soon as I reach my goal I'll be treating myself to a pamper day and a huge shopping trip to show off my fab new figure.

My clothes at the minute are sooo tight and uncomfortable I just cant wait to feel good about what im wearing everyday.

Its only me whos stopping myself reaching my goals - i know i can do it
    timetodoit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #5  
    Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I didn't reward myself during my weight loss because I found the weight coming off as enough of a reward. However when I reached goal I decided to splurge on an iPhone 4s!

I'm having fun with it right now and consider it my prize for getting here, but I'm enjoying being this size so much more
    sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #6  

My goal weight is pretty far off for me but I would like to take a trip somewhere.
    canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 291/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 4"

I have been really wanting a new digital camera so I have added that as my reward for losing 50 pounds. I'm hoping that it will be motivation for me because I really want a new camera! At my goal weight I want to go on vacation to Disney World so I can finally enjoy all those rides that I couldn't when I was younger because I was afraid I couldn't fit.
    Shellbellster is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #8  
    Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

I've never been much of a goal-related reward setter, but a little while ago I decided that I would throw away ALL of my underwear and buy new ones when I get to the mid-140s. (I picked that weight because, though it isn't my goal, I know from past experience that I would be comfortable at that weight long term.)

I've just been amazed at how motivating that is for me. Every day I think about doing things that will get me closer to new underwear, and I get so excited. Silly, but it's really working. It also has me thinking about setting rewards for time-related maintenance goals (1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc.), in order to keep myself on my toes.
    Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

happiness
    aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

New APC (french brand) jeans, hopefully in a 27inch waist. That's it.
    LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking about ice skating lessons. They get quite expensive ($60/session? WOW), and I really really want to do all those fancy moves figure skaters and hockey players flash off on ice. Maybe by the time I get down to my goal weight I'll have enough saved up for some classes =). I'm hoping for that to happen this year!
    abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #12  

I just thought of a new goal. Years ago, before my mother died she bought me some really nice underwear as part of a Christmas gift. I never told her but I was too large to fit into them so I have kept them in storage (along with some other clothes too small for me) and I would really like to get into those clothes, especially the underwear because they are quite pretty and lots of lovely colours.
    canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #13  
    June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Lots of clothes and bras.

I already have a long mental list of bras/clothes that I want.

I don't have any real reward waiting for me at goal. Honestly, the loss in and of itself is reward enough.
    runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #14  

Height: 5'0"

A smokin' hot black leather mini dress.
    banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #15  
    Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

DF said he would take me ballroom dancing. I want a huge ball gown dripping with (fake)jewels and I want DF to wear a tux. Neither of us can dance but it would be so much fun!
    shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote