View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
luckymommy
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I know a lot about chronic pain because I have chronic daily migraines. They are of varying degree and I do believe a lot of people wouldn't bother working out in my situation. For me, working out is a life saver. It makes me feel more in control. At the same time, there are days when I simply can't workout. I've learned a lot from people here and have come to understand that it's not about the workouts. It's mostly about diet. Diet is for weight loss. Exercise is for fitness. Sure, it's easier to stick to a plan when you can incorporate exercise, but there are plenty of people here who have lost loads of weight simply by controlling and monitoring their food intake.

You absolutely CAN do this. I am a calorie counter and it's the only thing that works for me these days. I think it's also important to not compare yourself to others here....unless you find it inspirational. I have lost and gained a lot of weight throughout my life and I don't tend to post a lot when I'm off plan. A lot of people don't post when they're not feeling successful, so the ones you see here doing really great are likely a small percentage of the big picture.

Finally, it's all about commitment. Motivation comes and goes, but commitment is longer lasting. Commit yourself to your plan and don't give up, even if results to come in the time frame you expect. Love yourself and nourish your body with healthy foods.