Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #341

Just peeking in to say "good night" and hope you have a super weekend! I'm almost certain we will be spending time in the car; a visit to see the kids one day and a visit to see MIL the next. No wonder I seem to spin my wheels at home when I'm gone so much!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:12 PM   #2  

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We spent today playing in and on the river. It's supposed to be cool here this week........we'll see. I'm sure I was over my points today, but it was worth it. We have to start some serious dogtraining with Annie tomorrow. The vet wants to see her in a week to see what kind of progress she's made.............just a little added pressure. He says at this age she's like a sponge, so you have to take advantage of it.

Happy Monday
Bubs
Old 07-19-2003, 11:35 PM   #3  

Good Evening!
Since we may lose the posts, according to the 3FC announcement, I will make this short and sweet. We spent most of the day visiting with the kids. Ian has a new trick . . . wrinkles up his nose and snorts like a little pig. Then he looks to make sure someone is watching and does it again. He looks surprised when we laugh and then gives us the biggest grin. I think Beth is getting bigger by the day and I will be surprised if she lasts another month. Tomorrow we go visit MIL.

Have a nice Sunday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #4  

I'm heading off to bed after being gone most of yesterday and today.

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-21-2003, 02:24 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful day in my corner of the world. I have laundry going in both machines and have my "to do" list written . . . now I have to get busy and DO!

Have a nice day, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:04 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies!

Did anyone watch the Oprah episode or tape it a couple months ago where she had all the people on that lost a ton of weight? There was one man who was the very last one on the show who had weighed 850 lbs. He had destroyed his legs because of his weight, was bedridden, and hadn't been out of his house in like 20 years. He had gastric bypass (was told there was a 60% chance he would die!) and lost like 520 lbs. He looked wonderful. He had gone to Disneyworld for the first time and did several things we take for granted that he had never done or seen. Well, they re-aired the show today and at the end they posted a notice that approx 3 weeks ago he died of congestive heart failure. I know there are a lot of us here that only have 20-40 lbs to lose and do not have these concerns in their lives, only to lose the weight to look better, but I speak for myself now when I say, these are things I have to face in my life! To think that I could be where he is if I am not serious! I weighed half what he did anyway! It should be a wake up call to us all that our health is fragile and we need to protect it and that includes watching our weight. This filled me with sadness that a man who had given up on life and wanted to die, was reborn only to lose his life because of past bad habits! I hope this helps us to stay on program and get ourselves healthy for our spouses, our children and any of those who love us, but most of all for ourselves!

This really saddened me to see a man just get his life back and then lose it because he had not taken care of himself all those years!

You ladies have a great evening! I got a little sun out in the pool today so am a little "prickly" feeling, but not too bad! I have some Dermaplast if it starts to really hurt.

Faye
Old 07-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Hello everyone.... I am going to make this a quick entrance and exit. For the last couple of days everytime I log on my windows turns itself of then started up again and off again and on again over and over and got real irratiting. I did a few things that the "help" said and I don't know which thing I did workded ~ but I think it is going to be OK now. I could only get into the help section for a few minutes at a time because I was getting zapped so quickly but I think I finally did it for here I am being able to post.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:33 PM   #8  

Hi Flowers,
It's late Monday night, except in Greenwich). Just stopped in to say hi. Miss Annie did well with her training today, until I discovered she'd piddled in my room at some point.........just like a little kid.........can't let em out of your sight ever!

Happy Tues. Two of my favorite people are the nurse and doctor this week at camp, so think I may go over for a visit if the rain holds off.

Faye,
I did see that today,, and realized I'd seen it before. Was really saddened about the note that he had died this summer. All that work for nothing, or so it seems, although he did get his life back for however long it lasted.

Fondly,
Bubs
Old 07-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #9  

Good Morning! I am off to have coffee with some coworkers in a few minutes. The summer is flying by and some of us haven't seen each other at all.

"Gma" -- I did see part of Oprah yesterday but missed the end where it said the guy had died. Sad! I am just amazed that all the those people lost so much weight -- what will power!

Maggie -- Hope you get your problem fixed so that you can visit without being dumped off.

Bubbles -- Enjoy your visit with your camping friends. Does Annie look at you like she is thinking, "who, me?" "Did I do that!"

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:50 PM   #10  

Hey ladies! We had the storm to end all storms this morning! 85 mile an hour winds, temps dripped 25 degrees in about half hour! It was pretty scary. My daughter lost her beautiful pine tree that sits in the corner of their front yard. Thank goodness it didn't hit the house, but was strewn all over the neighborhood I guess. Her section of town got hit hard. She had a tough time getting to work because of downed trees across the road and power was out and she couldn't get gas anywhere and needed it badly she said. We had a power on power off kind of thing and lost cable and dsl most of the day. It just came back up. I had to go out in the stuff to retrieve the patio umbrella and it knocked this big ole lady around pretty good just doing that and it is right outside the door. I went out after the storm because today is garbage day in my ripped, seethrough gross nightshirt and found that the can had taken a trip and not left a forwarding note! I met up with one of the men in the neighborhood who kindly (probably because of how I looked!) went and found it for me! Gave me time to get my upstairs cleaned inbetween power outages. I didn't have much else I could do!

Hope all is well in the flower patch with all the little blooms! I have been struggling again but I will get with the program! No pool today because of the storm and don't know if I can get a walk in or not, but since I exercise 7 days a week, I doubt one day off will hurt me!

Gotta skedaddle as dh should be home soon!

Faye
Old 07-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #11  

Thanks for the ! I have a mental picture of you trucking after your garbage can!

I hope that there wasn't much damage to your area. We just had a couple of cloud bursts go through. This has been a strange day for weather, that's for sure! My basement river is running again so I am ready for the rains to STOP!

Hope the rest of your day is better!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:16 AM   #12  

Good Morning!
It was only 57 degrees when I got up this morning! That is a bit too much of a temperature change for this time of year; it would be most welcome in August when we go back to school! The sun is shining and there is NO wind so it's a good day for a walk outside.

I'm going to run a couple errands and hope to purchase a wedding gift. This will be the third time I've tried; hopefully the merchandise will have arrived at the store. The wedding is August 2nd so time is running out.

Have a special day, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:55 AM   #13  

Just peeking in to see if anyone has been here. It's another sunny, cool day in my neighborhood. I hope it lasts!

Have a busy day today -- a rep is coming to give me some ideas on how to redo my LR cupboard/shelf unit . . . I have way too many dust catchers and would like some storage space, I think. Then I have to go pick up a key and my "instructions;" I'm doing cat chores this weekend for a gal who is a fanatic about her cats. She admits she worries more about them than she ever did her kids! They are only going to be gone overnight!

Have a great day, Flowers! Hope to see someone post today!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Cool Weigh Day Report

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is 101 as I type with 28% humidity. Seems the humidity is rising and I don't like that part at all. I am packing water and that plus not having a good OP week the Iron Monster showed me up a tad. I will have to work extra hard this week and drink lots of water and write what I bite.

Have a good afternoon all my FLOWER friends.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #15  

Hi Girls,
It surely must be time for us to start a new page, but you know I"m not gutsy or knowledgeable enough to even think about it!

Anyone want a puppy? She's a sweetheart, but like a three year old you have to watch her every minute!

It's been cool the past two days.......Praise Be! I love it! Maybe this means an early fall? We should be so lucky. Tomorrow is Christmas in July at camp, and that's a really big deal! Guess I should get out my frozen box or two of candy canes and pass them out to my buds. That's after I go clean my friend's cat's litter box You aren't the only sucker in the bouquet Jean

I have a stupid sore throat that has been plaguing me since I came home from Maine.........I suspect it might be allergies and post nasal drip, but whatever it is, I'm ready for it to go away!

Enjoy your friday girls,
Bubs

Last edited by graybubs; 07-24-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread