Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #1  

Default New to Ideal Protein- advice?

Hello! I started Ideal Protein this monday and have been doing really well. I'm 17 years old, 5'4" and 176 pounds. I ate 4 ritz tonight because I got very hungry and couldn't make a shake as my Dad was asleep on the couch, but other than that I've been eating exactly as directed. How long would you guys say it would take to lose 30-35 pounds? I am an ex bulimic, this is a very recent thing to end in my life and I was bulimic for 5 years. I am also a singer, so I'm dedicated to finally losing this weight, and not my voice. Any tips would greatly help!!

Also... tomorrow I am going to eat. I will order a chicken salad with a basil vinaigrette, but I was wondering if having a piece of bread this once would truly mess me up.

Thanks and nice to "meet" you all
kathleen711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen711 View Post
Hello! I started Ideal Protein this monday and have been doing really well. I'm 17 years old, 5'4" and 176 pounds. I ate 4 ritz tonight because I got very hungry and couldn't make a shake as my Dad was asleep on the couch, but other than that I've been eating exactly as directed. How long would you guys say it would take to lose 30-35 pounds? I am an ex bulimic, this is a very recent thing to end in my life and I was bulimic for 5 years. I am also a singer, so I'm dedicated to finally losing this weight, and not my voice. Any tips would greatly help!!

Also... tomorrow I am going to eat. I will order a chicken salad with a basil vinaigrette, but I was wondering if having a piece of bread this once would truly mess me up.

Thanks and nice to "meet" you all
Welcome. Yes the bread will definately mess you up, the ritz may have as well. It will definately set you back. You need to read the thread on cheating. If you get that hungry, you need to snack on some dill pickles, or get some herbal tea and drink that. Bread, potates, crackers, noodles are all NO NO's, and eating one just this once is not a good thing. You have to keep you mind set that this is not forever, it will be there next year. Ask youself, is it really worth eating this piece if bread if I am going to set myself back another week? I personally don't feel that it is. I have only been on this for 8 weeks and it has been hard, got alot easier after the 2nd week. I started a week before Thanksgiving and I NEVER thought that I would make it this far, but I have. I survived the two worst Holidays for food. I had friends who tired to get me eat something and start again the first of the year. But I couldn't do it. My mind is made up that I will be a certain weight by May or close to it and nothing, not even a piece of bread will take that away from me. Always keep a Protein Bar with you in case you are not able to make a shake, or get some ready made shakes and just grab one out of the fridge. You can do this!!!!

We are always here for advice and support, no one will judge you. We may say something sometimes that may sound a little harsh, but it is out of love, because we care. Remember, this is not a diet, it is new way of eating and making better choices, and a way for a healthier new you.

This is the link to the cheating thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

Last edited by rissimo; 01-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi kathleen711, Nice to "meet" you too! & welcome!!!

The first few days are horrible...you can shake up a shake and have it in the fridge all mixed up in case that happens again. As rissimo said the bread will set you back...my coach said any "cheating" will set you back three day! That's so not worth it for the weight OR the cost of food! Three packets a day at 4 dollars a packet (for three days) comes to 36 dollars! So, when you cheat you cost yourself 36 dollars (Cha-Ching!!!) plus weight loss!!! (hope my maths right?!?!?!)

Def read through the various threads on here...there's a wealth of information from ppl who are just like you (me) us!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #4  
INACTIVE

Hi Kathleen,

Welcome! Be sure to stay away from the crackers, bread and anything else with carbs in it. This program is specifically designed to work by following the plan exactly. You have to prepare for the unexpected, and I think rissimo and New Englander gave great advice.
Also, as someone who suffered with bulimia for many years, I want to stress to you that it's not about how fast you can take the weight off. You have to take it a day at a time, just like you did to get out of the vicious cycle of eating and purging. I also want to say that you need to be kind to yourself--the body image issues that led you down the path to bulimia in the first place might still be floating around, and that's OK. Now, you have a choice--be self destructive or be kind to yourself. Use this diet as a way to put the control into someone else's hands and just follow what it says to do. This can help you to stop worrying about every little calorie or how fat you think you are and really give you a chance to heal a little bit and gain some self-esteem. TRUST that it will work. TRY not to second guess. It will be difficult sometimes, but we are all here to be supportive and you can count on that. Congratulations for taking this step and I think that you are really strong to overcome such a horrible disease at such a young age. Don't worry if the same feelings pop up here and there--it really is OK--just remember that you are strong enough not to go back to that dark place. Don't get discouraged and please ask for help when it gets tough ;-)
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all!
Welcome Kathleen,
One thing I always keep in my fridge if I have already had all my pkts for the day and the hunger hits in the evening is a container of egg whites....... YUM....... this has always worked for me. Good luck....it will pay off you will see!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #6  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I would definitely get some shake that are RTD. And make sure that you are having all 3 of your packets. If not. You will go into starvation mode. And you won't lose either... Every human is different. So we wouldn't be able to tell you how long it will take...
Also. stay away from carbs. Just like the other ladies.mentioned.... This is a very strict eating plan. And we are all living proof. That the weight will come off...
So skip the bread and crackers...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I would definitely get some shake that are RTD. And make sure that you are having all 3 of your packets. If not. You will go into starvation mode. And you won't lose either... Every human is different. So we wouldn't be able to tell you how long it will take...
Also. stay away from carbs. Just like the other ladies.mentioned.... This is a very strict eating plan. And we are all living proof. That the weight will come off...
So skip the bread and crackers...
oh yes! for sure! good advice on the rtd shakes
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

And just in case you aren't familiar with the acronyms...RTD means Ready to Drink.

Good luck to you!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Great advise from everyone, and since you are 17 and more than likely having to purchase your food yourself (assuming) you might want to get a few EAS Carb control shakes from Wal-mart to keep in the fridge just in case you need that "extra". A lot who are doing this the alternative way use it, I keep some around "just in case" I need them instead of spending another $28 on a box of IP. I am strictly on IP foods but I have it if I need it. Like someone else said be prepared for the unexpected at all times. We are all in this together, We are all living proof it works IF you don't cheat. You are young so you SHOULD lose fast but then again you never know how your body will work. I personally loss 50 in 2-3 months BUT I have also been 100% OP and had A LOT to loss so I lost it fast. Just remember it didn't get on over night and it will definitely not come off over night. Good luck and WELCOME to the IP family!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #10  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

I'm assuming you use a blender for you're shakes? You can use the shakers with the metal ball in them as an alternative. I've used them for protein shakes and they work really well. They are not loud at all. You can also take them anywhere and then drink out of them. Good luck!
abuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck View Post
I'm assuming you use a blender for you're shakes? You can use the shakers with the metal ball in them as an alternative. I've used them for protein shakes and they work really well. They are not loud at all. You can also take them anywhere and then drink out of them. Good luck!
That's all I use...the plastic cup with metal ball for the shakes...I've also drew a lie at the level the water should be with a sharpie marker so I don't have to remeasure every time!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #12  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Yup, ,my coach did that for me too a line at 4 and 5 ounces and again at 7 and 8. Works for the shakes, the drinks and the puddings so far, but, I have re-fallen in love with my Magic Bullet.
lindac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #13  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome aboard!

The shaker cups are the way to go for drinks and puddings, and if you are on the go they work great. One word though, don't let stuff sit and dry out in them, after you drink even just adding a couple ounces of water and shaking will help clean them out (I just drink that). You can get these from your IP location or many health food stores sell them, or online for about $3

Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #14  

Thank you so much for all your replies! I wish I didn't eat the crackers but it was kinda my only option as it was 1am and I'm not allowed in the kitchen after 10. I'm doing this through my doctor and my parents are paying. I look noticeably thinner and I'm really happy, gotta keep going. No bread! Thanks again, this info is helpful!!
kathleen711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen711 View Post
Thank you so much for all your replies! I wish I didn't eat the crackers but it was kinda my only option as it was 1am and I'm not allowed in the kitchen after 10. I'm doing this through my doctor and my parents are paying. I look noticeably thinner and I'm really happy, gotta keep going. No bread! Thanks again, this info is helpful!!
AND...once last thought from me...it doesn't take long to leave the "newbie" phase, stage..whatever you want to call it...meaning before you know it you'll be giving advice to other "newbies"...I'm in my 8/9 week and time really does fly....................... Keep going!!!