UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #1  
Fat Fox

S/C/G: 187/181.5/136

Height: 5'5

Default Better year than last year?

Hello All

Well I'm a newbie to 3FC, though I was a reader a couple of years ago when I was doing old weight watchers to get into my wedding dress. (Though I've have tried pro points and I really don't like it)

I'm here because I have put on an absolute ton of weight in the last year and it needs to go. Me and the hubby went on holiday Dec 2010 for our honeymoon and unsurprisingly I undid all the work I did for our wedding - though I'd kept it off for a year. Then In Feb 2011 I had a breakdown, lost my job and was put on really heavy duty psychiatric medication which made me gain weight. I managed to get back on track and move house - and start looking for a new job - but after Xmas that puts me at having gained 40lbs since we went away just over a year ago.

I am utterly miserable about it, and trying very hard not to slip back into the Bulimia I've struggled with since I was a teenager. My weight is causing some major problems in my marriage (mainly because my hubby doesn't really see why it's a problem) and yeah despite being really motivated I am also a bit apprehensive that I am going to fail.

So that's me, looking for a diet buddy to encourage/commiserate with.

Fox <3
Foxevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #2  
Fighting the bulge!

S/C/G: 186/182/126

Height: 5 ft 8

Hey!
Sorry to hear about you losing your job. Your hubby just loves you regardless of your weight. But bulimia doesn't help. A certain amount of calories are absorbed as soon as the food touches your mouth. And the feelings associated with it are awful. You've made the right choice to come on here. YOU CAN do it a healthy way. Good luck
KatieLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #3  
Fat Fox

S/C/G: 187/181.5/136

Height: 5'5

Thanks, Katie.

Yeah the whole point of being here and doing it in a "public" way with a blog and such is to make myself accountable and so if I am being unhealthy then I am going to be pulled up on it!

Hopefully I'll make some friends here too, moving to a new place has been kind of lonely
Foxevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 96kg

Height: 6"

You made a brill step in making yourself accountable with a blog, this can keep you open to support but when you type something which has hindered you its a kind of release especially when people jump in to support you.

I have just realised this is a predominately female forum so I hope you dont mind me offering some support. Whats you first goal? small goals are what will build your confidence!!
GaryHigham is offline   Reply With Quote