Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/200

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Newbie to the 30 Somethings!!

Hello Everyone!! My name is Michelle, Im 31 years old and desperately trying to lose weight! Im currently 275, funny I typed 175, so much for wishful thinking! Haha.. I'm trying to lose weight because me and my Fiance' want to start a family. We are both ready to have children, but health wise, we are not. I told him that once I am happy with myself, that is when I want to get pregnant. I want to be able to run around with my children and do things with them.
So, he says, "Let's get a dog". Haha.. Sounds funny, but it's actually good practice, she's got lots of energy and will run you ragged! So we are definitely getting out practice in!
I've tried many times to lose weight, my most successful was when I was about 25, I managed to lose about 45 pounds, grant it I didn't lose it in the healthiest of ways and eventually gained it all back plus some. So here I am at 31, and 275 pounds, not that I would admit that to him. And I'm ready to Lose It In 2012!! I'm tired of not being able to but the pretty clothes and being comfortable with myself to show off my body. My Fiance' is very supportive and he wants to lose weight as well, but his is mainly just losin a little belly weight and gaining muscle. So we are doing this together. Together we are going to get fit and be happy with our bodies and not constantly talk about what we hate about them.
I was a member of this site many years ago and it helped me a lot. So I'm hoping that I can have the same success this time around as well. Starting out, I will be calorie counting as well as exercising. And if that is what gets me started and works for me, then I will stick with it..
Happy to be here with all of you wonderful and supportive folks!!!!
LosinItIn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Hi Michelle ...

Welcome .... hope you meet all your goals .... I'm at the other end of the 30s .... with my family of 3 girls complete ... although they are bugging me to get a dog!!

I wish you every success
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/275/200

Height: 5ft 7in

Thank you very much!! I'm really hoping to meet my goals! Ready to get this started!!!
LosinItIn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi Michelle, I am also new to the group. It sounds like you two have a great plan. What an exciting time in your life. I hope you two have a great journey!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Hi Michelle - welcome to the forum. I am 35 - married with 2 children. Losing the weight prior to getting pregnant will definitely help you be more comfortable during your pregnancy as well!
I have recently decided to get serious and lose all this excess weight I am carrying. I have been calorie accounting since last Oct and I feel great! Everytime I do my weekly weigh-in most of the time I am pleasantly rewarded, recently people have been telling me that I look like i'm losing weight, and that is music to my ears.
I want my husband to be able to pick me up and spin me around the room again like he did when we first got married (I was 145lbs)!
So let's get this party started! lol
*Cheers*
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Michelle!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote