Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Newbie

Hello everyone, I started the plan on the 1st. Day one was great, day two - massive headache, throwing up, sick to stomach, lightheaded and omg no fun. Today, very nauseous and headaches when I move around. This seems a bit extreme but I was a total carb-aholic. Some days lived on carbs alone. I'm wondering if the vitamins are too much for me as taking any kind of pills has always been a problem. Just wondering if this is normal? I'm doing the to go plan so maybe my coach can help here too.

Love, love, love all the support and helpfull info on the forum. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!!!

Thanks
Kathy
trimup2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
Hello everyone, I started the plan on the 1st. Day one was great, day two - massive headache, throwing up, sick to stomach, lightheaded and omg no fun. Today, very nauseous and headaches when I move around. This seems a bit extreme but I was a total carb-aholic. Some days lived on carbs alone. I'm wondering if the vitamins are too much for me as taking any kind of pills has always been a problem. Just wondering if this is normal? I'm doing the to go plan so maybe my coach can help here too.
Welcome - and I am sorry that you are feeling bad. I didn't have the reaction you are having when I started - those you did will surely jump in to help you.

I wanted to comment on the "taking pills of any kind" issue. Even before IP I had to be careful when taking vitamins and medicine that my doctor prescribed as they all made me nauseous if I took them in the morning. I was very upfront about this issue with my coach (who is also a doctor) and was told that would not be a problem. I take half of the supplements after lunch and half after dinner.

Call your coach today and ask what you can adjust if you think the supplements are causing some of this. Please don't suffer through this for an entire week.

Hoping you feel better soon!
ptod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I was very sick too and wanted to quit on day 4, but am glad I didn't. I woke up on day 5, feeling great. I, also have trouble with pills, so I took my
K-Ca, after breakfast, then my multi & Omega's after lunch, one of my Ca-mg after dinner and one after my evening snack. My coach had recommended to start the program on the long 4th of July weekend, as many people don't feel good, so glad I did. Hang in there and drink lots of water to flush that system. You will be amazed how all of a sudden you feel good. It took about 2 weeks to stop craving and then I was barely hungry. We are pulling for you to wake up feeling good real soon
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

I also agree, two weeks before the super hunger feeling went away. I also suffered with headaches. Drink lots of water! Also with the headaches and dizziness put about 1/4 tsp salt in your palm lick it and drink a glass of water. 10-15 minutes it should feel better. I was a total carb a holic myself. Sugar and carbs were pretty much my diet, so I know where you're coming from. Your body is trying to detox in a major way. Make sure to get your romaine lettuce salads in and your 4 cups of veggies for sure. I was also told you can take your vitamins at different time. Make sure you have food on your belly when you take them, this helps. Herbal teas are also soothing and help with hunger. I was really kind of miserable for about 2 weeks then I felt better. Hang in there! You are worth it! I also had my coach take my BP when I went to my weigh in because I was so dizzy but I also had 2 TOM and that didn't help with the dizziness either. There is a ton of information available on her that pretty much answers all your questions. Check out the newbies post and the forum called What I Wish My Coach had Told Me. Good luck!
4kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I have a friend who was so sick the first couple of days she couldn't even get out of bed one day, so unfortunately it does happen. I wasn't that bad, but it was no party for me either, especially the second and third day. By tomorrow you should start to feel a little better. For me it was about day 5 or 6 that I felt somewhat back to normal, weak, but normal. It will keep improving though so hang in there. As for the vitamins, I would suggest really spreading them out during the day so you don't take too many at one time. Also make sure you take them with food. My daughter who is also on IP has the same issue as you.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Thank you!!! I really appreciate your feedback. I will push through this and remember how horrible these first few days are, that alone will be enough not to cheat.
trimup2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Thank you!!! I really appreciate your feedback. I will push through this and remember how horrible these first few days are, that alone will be enough not to cheat.
"Like"
4kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Exactly, you don't want to have to go through all of this again. Your first weigh in, You will say to yourself....it was all worth it!!!....Hang in there, YOU CAN and WILL DO THIS!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

I am so happy with this diet with my loss of 12 lbs in 4 weeks.. Not feeling hungry is a great bonus..for me staying OP gets easier with each week...
dinki is offline   Reply With Quote