View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Weigh Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice sun shiney day here in the Heartland with the temps 23 - 40 this winter day. I am a happy camper for I showed a loss of 2 pounds this morning at the scale. It put a smile on my face, yes it did. I am going to make a pot of Chili Verde this day. On my shopping list I thought I had put down pork tenderloin but must have written pork roast for that is what Will brought home. So I shall change my plan this day and do the Chili Verde insteand of the Pork Medallions. We wanted to make a driving trip to the town where we buy our jerky but there is no answer to his phone so we won't be going there this day. Must be closed. So much for that get-a-way. I think if we don't go any where I will plan my menu for the week. I have got to get back into the nice habit of writing what I bite now that I have made my mind up to give this weight loss thing a good run this year one week at a time. I need to locate my tape measure so I can record my measurements this day. I have my mesurements when I first started and every 20 pounds lost. It has only been 10 pounds since my last measure day but since this is a new year I will make meausrements this day. Measurements will go on my chart officially when I have lost another 8 pounds. The measurements I take today will be for this year. I will measure after every 10 pounds lost this year which will help me keep my FOCUS. Helps me know "me" is shrinking. My clothes just get looser but I like them loose. Life is good.

DONNA FAYE I am so happy for you that you are feeling better. Good idea you have to rest between energy spurts to clean. I like your plans to remodel your place. Great idea to use your dining room that way. We owned a house one time that had been remodeled and the kitchen had been expanded out 10 feet. They had left the old cupboards along one back wall but had louvered doors in front of them so they could be used for storage. They ran the whole length of the wall and it was a great set up. An island was in the kitchen closer to the "new" area. I loved that house. We had two lots and one was a veggie garden. Since the house was two storey the upstairs master bedroom was also expanded 10 feet. The bathroom was a dream. Yes, I like your idea of remodeling your place. Lots of work but oh so worth it.

JEAN Now is the time for you to do that remodeling because one day you may have difficulty doing stairs and wish you had your washer and dryer on the same level as your living area. Just a thought and thinking years and years ahead. If this was our house I would find a place up here to have the washer and dryer for sure.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias. We are all having a concerted effort to tighten down our programs and be losers. Be a loser.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote