Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Coconut Butter

Is DELISH.

It's high in calories like peanut butter but its a good fat.

I recently discovered a recipe for peppermint bark using coconut butter and peppermint extract and HAD to buy some. Still need to get the extract but tried my hand at making peanut butter fudge with it last night. Just waiting till I get home from work to give it a taste
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow... haven't heard of it before..

um.. how do you eat it? Like you would peanut butter? On veggies? Bread? From the spoon?
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #3  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

I've not tried coconut butter, but I adore coconut oil. I spread 1T on a piece of toast quite often... Yum!
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I read a couple books on the "miracle" properties of coconut oil, and I found it really funny that one of the books recommended always eating coconut oil with fiber and protein - because that's how it comes in a coconut. It made me think "why not just eat the coconut?"

So when I decided to try coconut oil to see if it helped my energy levels, metabolism, hunger/carb-cravings, and fibromyalgia (all of which coconut oil is "supposed" to be good for), I bought coconut butter instead (also called coconut manna).

I have to say that I do believe I've noticed a difference in energy level and sugar-cravings, but I can't be sure. I haven't been taking it long enough to rule out placebo effect.

It sure is tasty though.

I also bought coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut flour, and coconut milk.

I bought the coconut flour because I've been craving bread since giving up wheat. I made a quick bread with it, and it's pretty good - almost like unsweet pound cake.

I don't use any of the coconut foods every day, but I do tend to eat coconut in one form or another a couple times a week. Only time will tell if it "helps" me in any way, or is just tasty.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote