Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Default Who's back in the boat?

It was a struggle but I did it....I survived Christmas. My eating wasn't great but I allowed myself some extra treats. But, that's it. I am back on plan. It's a holiDAY not a holiWEEK. I exercised this morning, pilates in the evening. Ate sensible and I'm BACK ON PLAN!!!! This season was tough but I'm going to finish this year STRONG!!!! Anyone with me and back in the boat?
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yup, back on the stick today. Although I did succumb to a coconut cookie at work. I do love coconut. I'll be off plan again next weekend - my birthday is New Year's Eve! Then it's back on plan full time.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

I am back on plan as of right now.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #4  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I am back too!! Tomorrow But for sure. Maybe a drink or two for the new years with the hubby. But that would be it.

I am excited. Starting back. Bring much hope. Dragging along. Cheating on my allowed food. Doing that just bring me down. Brings my momentum down. So. No more.

Starting tomorrow. Back on. Just like that. Flip of a switch.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I never went off plan, but this is the first Christmas in a few years I have managed that. It can be very hard to stick to your guns when faced with temptation, but it is SO worth it! The best thing you can do now is get right back on plan the very next meal, which it sounds like you have done. Good job!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #6  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I will be back on for the week until my boyfriends birthday on Saturday and then I will be back on track completely for January. Although, I did not do nearly as bad as I thought I would yesterday
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #7  

I was back on plan yesterday after definitely overdoing it this weekend. Because I overdid it on my calories, I'll be on "losing" calories this week even though I'm technically maintaining. NYE isn't a big temptation or me as I don't really have any particular traditions & I'm in charge of the food. So, I'll be making shrimp cocktail (which is low in calories) and a homemade pizza, which isn't really as high in calories as one might think. I'll be able to stay on plan with that.

We can do this!!

Last edited by lin43; 12-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #8  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Yup, I'm back too. It's been a few days of off-plan eating for me, treats here and there, too much wine... enough! I'm up a pound today from my lowest, but that's okay - it'll move fast now that I'm back on track.

Gotta go exercise!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I didn't eat all that much, but I did snack a bit more than I liked during the day. I didn't count my calories on Christmas and Christmas Eve, but I got right back on track yesterday. I plan on eating a little low for a few days to make up for indulging on those two days.

I'm proud of myself that I got right back on track. I had ~1500 calories yesterday and I figure today and tomorrow can also be low cal and then right back to maintenance.

Then again that all depends on today's weigh in... I haven't weighed in yet but yesterday's weigh in was good, so I'm not concerned

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-27-2011 at 08:33 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #10  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Yeah, I didn't exactly look at it as a holiDAY but a holi-3-DAYS. It started on Friday when I met my parents in Atlantic City and we gambled our way to a free buffet lunch. And lest not forget my dad and I's annual binge at White Castle (none where I live so I had to load up) and endless appetizers and cookies sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

BUT, I am back on the boat. It's Day 2 and I am still struggling from carb/sugar withdrawals and my hunger is still not satisfied eating less food. But I'm hanging in there. I declined lunch and dinner invites from friends and plan to do that until NYE. The only way to resist temptation is to stay away from it. So as long as I stay in a controlled environment for a few more days I'll be golden!

Congrats to all of you for doing well over the holiday and/or getting back on track now that it's over. Round of applause to everyone!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

I also climbed on the boat yesterday. I know there will be a few sharks in the water come the weekend, so I am banking some extra calories for that.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I went on a 3 day planned off plan bender and am back on today. It started Christmas eve and lasted until Monday when I went out with a friend for dinner. It is scary how much I let myself eat when I am off plan. It feels good to reign myself back in.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Madame Souza...I agree, it really does feel good to reign myself back in. I remember years when one holiday (usually my birthday) would kill my plan. Or, I would allow it to kill my plan.

It is scary how easily my body goes back to uncontrolled grazing. Christmas was rough but I allowed it in my plan. There are no bad meals. I'm just going to readjust (this is self therapy talking).
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
BUT, I am back on the boat. It's Day 2 and I am still struggling from carb/sugar withdrawals and my hunger is still not satisfied eating less food. But I'm hanging in there.
I could have written this!! I have literally been fantasizing about food for the last two days! (I wish I were joking). I have had to grit my teeth not to eat the house down. It's amazing to me since I have only been eating about 1800 calories a day anyway, so going down to 1500-1600 for a week should be no big deal, but it definitely feels like a big deal. I am also purposely not allowing myself any sort of sweet after dinner except fruit (and then only if I'm desperate). I want to try to break that habit of having something sweet in my system every night as I feel that really contributes to my cravings. It usually takes me about three days to get control of my "MUST EAT NOW!!" voice.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote