Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Alternachick Chat, Week of July 14th

Hey, you wouldn't believe what I did on the weekend. Something I haven't done in ummmm, three years.
I washed my dust ruffle. It's a Martha Stewart red plaid that I got at Big Bud's for 5 bucks. I don't think Martha would be impressed with my housekeeping habits.

My DH informed me that there were dust bunnies under the bed the size of his head, and sure enough there was quite a bit of crap under there. I had to practically take the whole damned bed apart. It's one of those old-timers with wooden slats to support the box spring and mattress. I found a Smartie under the mattress. And half a chocolate bar under the bed. You'll be pleased to hear that I refrained from eating either of those delectables. (although it was touch and go with the Smartie for a few minutes)

It's really important that you label the slats if you don't care to spend 45 minutes trying to get them back in the right spot afterwards.

Also under the bed were a couple of sticky puddles. You should never let the children drink Coke in your bed. They spill it, clean up what they can see, and the rest runs under the bed.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:21 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good for you for showing restraint with the smartie and chocolate bar Ellis!

I ain't no Martha either! and I don't feel the least bit of guilt about it My place is tidy but I'm afraid it would never pass the "white glove" inspection

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-14-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:38 AM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

My place isn't even tidy!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 PM   #4  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am not sure mine passes for clean right now! I do say my dust ruffle is clean but that is cause I just put it on to cover up the black magic marker that Grif used all over it!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #5  

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! There's a big moth in my bedroom. I was trying to read and it attacked me! curses. Don't tell me I have to sleep in the TV room. curses.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:18 AM   #6  

Have you all seen the web site FlyLady.net? A friend told me about it just this morning... It is apparently happy, humorous suggestions on how to get clutter/housekeeping/ etc. UNDER CONTROL. (I'm not going there..... but that's because I can only concentrate on one thing at a time... and right now it is getting strong.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:29 AM   #7  

Yup! It is a great site....I've been taking baby steps to get my home and life under control...I have found this to be a great help!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:34 AM   #8  

Painterwoman, yes! It's helped me a LOT!!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:03 AM   #9  

Heard of it, started it, failed miserably!!! Actually, some of the suggestions stuck, and I should start up again. Just had too much going on lately.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:59 PM   #10  
a brave new me...

Talking Oh oh...

I hate those wooden slats Ellis. We have this futon on a regular bed (IKEA) with this special wooden platform that you set into the bed frame. The wooden slats are connected with this tape but they still slide around and sometimes fall off the track. Inevitably when DH and I are having (great) sex, one of the slats slides off the track and the futon starts to cave in. But we can proudly say that we "break the bed" when we have sex.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #11  

What the I was eating a fortune cookie at lunch today and my fortune said "What' vice today today may be virtue tomorrow."

What the heck kind of fortune is that? I am supposed to embrace all my vices and feel virtuous about it ????
Old 07-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #12  

Sojo!!

Mauvais, that is TOO funny! Wouldn't it be a riot to write those things!? Imagine the stuff you could print!

NOW I'm taking apart a sofa that's in our rental apartment. My sister left it behind when she bought a house. I don't know how the heck she got it in the house (yes I do. Three big men lifted it up over the balcony!), but I can't get it down the stairs to our TV room. So it's coming apart. At least I'll be able to wash it in the back yard... it's been sitting in the apartment while we renovate, and it's COVERED in dirt, insulation, etc. blah.
It's too cool to throw out. It's something from the sixties, I think. Green velvety fabric, very comfortable, and it folds into a bed. For a midget. Any of you short girls coming for a visit will have somewhere to kip down.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:51 PM   #13  

My favorite fortune so far is the one DH got that said "**** is paved with good intentions".

Apparently the fabled road to **** has not been properly constructed yet but **** itself is paved over - that's progress for you
Old 07-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #14  

Ellis-That's fine for ME, but where will DH sleep?!?

Mauvais-Too funny!! I got one once that said I could do no wrong!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:14 PM   #15  

We've got a coffin in the backyard for your DH.
Closed Thread