Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #1  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Default Holiday Annoyance!

I'm dreading going to Christmas dinner in a couple of hours. First let me mention (not that it should matter) but as a frame of reference that I am the thinnest female in the family when we go to gatherings. No matter how much I weigh, I would never dream of making comments about someone's weight at a family gathering. Its rude!

No matter what I weigh, my grandmothers and some other relatives always seem to make a comment. Last year when I had gotten down to the low 130s from emotional stress, anxiety, and not having an appetite, I got the comments. "well, looks like you are keeping some of that extra weight off I see." and "your cheekbones look so much nicer when you eat less." The year before when I was about the same as I am now, I got " which diet will you be starting in the new year" and "did you stop going to the gym?". Gah!

I am 25. I am shot but i wear a 36DD bra and I have a curvy butt. At this weight, I usually wear a 6 or an 8 in True Religion jeans. I know i have some lbs to loose but I don't need a rude reminder. I would never ask them about their weight. One of my grandmas is 4"11 and at least twice my size, so I don't understand why shes the rudest.

Sorry for the vent. I feel like just want to enjoy my day without the comments. Any advice?
T
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I find the women on my Mom's side of the family are also overly concerned with everyone's weight. I would honestly really liked to know why they are SO interested in others' weights.

Why would they rather talk about my weight than my career, for example? But often, it feels like everyone is waiting for me to get there so they can see what my weight "is doing" at the moment.

It doesn't get to me as much anymore - eventually I think we just get used to it.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Sounds familiar .....So how did you make out ?
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #4  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

So it ended up ok. They were more focused on my brothers girlfriend, who is a gorgeous girl, but bigger than I am. I spent most of the time trying to steer her away from them and refill her champagne glass :-)
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #5  

Perhaps they don't want you to follow in their footsteps in regards to weight.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

All's well that ends well....
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Everyone's family has quirks, this one seems fairly harmless. I'd assume they are just trying to compliment/encourage/guide you in their own, slightly nosy way. You know how they are, just love them and let it slide off your back
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote