Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 01:14 PM   #1  
Searching

Question Where's an excercise or walking thread

Okay here is my update.
Chris is fat as ever but lets celebrate some sucess today! I am not counting the 2 days I was ill and slept about 28 hours

8 days of a walking program I have walked 62,999 steps thats 7,874 steps a day (working up to my 10,000!) and I have traveled ~31.5 miles. Not bad for a fat girl. I also have done Pilates 2X and lifted 1X. Plan is to lift again tommorow. I think its the little things that get us back.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Miss Chris
Old 07-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #2  

Hi,

Glad to see you back, Miss Chris!

My workout was strength training today-Tamilee Webb I Want That Body Arms and I want that body Buns-I'm going to be so sore!

Yesterday I did a three mile (yahoo) walk away the pounds tape.

I can't remember what I did Tuesday..I'm brain dead today!

Sherry
Old 07-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #3  

Miss Chris, So glad to see you back and glad you're feeling better. What an inspiration all that walking is!! Makes me feel guilty for just sitting here!! You're a step ahead of me because I absolutely cannot make it through my Pilates tape. I last about 5 minutes!! Keep up the great work!

Sherry, Those videos sound great! Do you like them? I've got to do something about my huge arms!! You're doing great work!

Today I did do my cardio, 20 minutes on the bike and 1 hour on the treadmill, but I wimped out on lifting weights. Should have done it, but didn't. Tomorrow for sure!!
Old 07-17-2003, 03:12 PM   #4  

Hello Miss Chris,

This quote of yours stuck a chord with me!

Quote:
I believe excercise is a great elevator of heart and soul.
I believe that exercise has the power to change our mood! I keep using that as a motivating factor!

Congrats to you, Sherry, and mothergoose for the good workouts! Hoora!

I'm on my way to the gym after work today (went on Tuesday, too). I am trying to convince myself that a fat girl can jog. I would love to be able to do the "Terry Fox" run for cancer research in the Fall. I walk it every year...but would be so proud to be able to tell people who are sponsoring me that I ran it!! Beautiful dreamer - roll on! I am up to 30 minutes of hard core RUNNING on the elliptical. My plan is to lighten up a bit on the intensity and move to the treadmill next week. I'll let you know how that goes!

Keep moving all! Woohooo!!!!

Kris
261-188-155

Last edited by looosingit; 07-17-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #5  

Hi,

I remember-Tuesday's workout was Tamilee Webb's Weight Loss workout-it's intense!

I do like all her dvd's so far. I also have her set of aerobics workouts-Fit to the Hits Motown Moves and Rock hard Assets-two different workouts. My library actually had them, and I liked them so much I bought them on DVD. Best Buy had a set of them both for $24.00. (two dvd's) they have bonus strength workouts on them too. I'm sure it was mismarked, cause on Amazon the set is around $35.00!

Sherry
Old 07-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #6  
Searching

Angry Movin to lose

Well here is a scary thought I am at a mere 200 lbs, but nothing fits! That is the power of excercise. Muscle weighs more than fat! I am the poster child!

Yesterday 9,985 steps
30 min of aerobics
30 min of weightlifting/toning

and I even had to get my booty on the treadmill to make sure I got most my steps in.

Miss Chris

Last edited by rochemist; 07-19-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:58 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

2 mile walk yesterday
Old 07-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #8  
beautiful

i have been using the stationary bike every day for the past week or so. i was just using it every now and then when i started this. i started out trying to get in 5 miles a day and now that's easy (except for finding time between the kids wants and needs) but i've worked my way up to about 8 or 9 miles a day and added some little 3 pound weights while i'm doing it.
for some reason it is really hard for me to do it by time. i have this need to do it by miles.............. oh well. at least i'm doing something for a change. LOL
Old 07-19-2003, 07:15 PM   #9  

Friday is my "rest" day from exercise.

This morning I woke up early and exercised at 5:45-on a Saturday! I did Leslie Sansone WATP Express two mile walk.
Hope to do some strength training tomorrow-I'll need it. We have TWO parties tomorrow-a birthday party and an engagement party. I will not be weighing on Monday morning!

Sherry
Old 07-20-2003, 08:15 AM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm trying to start by incorporating more activity into my normal life. I have video tapes, and have used them in the past, but since my tendonitis has flared up so bad, I feel like I need to ease into "formal" exercise first.

So I've been walking the hallways/stairs at work for 20-30 minutes each day, and trying to garden or play in the pool with Gem and Hunter every other day. Yesterday, Saturday, I put Gem in the stroller and we walked the neighborhood for about an hour. Very nice. And we saw two bunnies, and a couple of fireflies, two or three dogs, some neighbors, and lots of kids. She had as much fun as I did! And I felt so good when we got home. I needed to get out of the house.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:09 AM   #11  
Searching

Smile Wow you gals are doing great

I love walking with my son Synger and its a good way to incorporate activity back into your lift.

Steps yesterday 8,755

It's really hot out so I have been taking shortcuts around the plant. Also trying to stay hydrated and limit my sun exposure.

Can't wait till I am off next week! Who is ready for some boot camp? I AM! I AM!

Miss Chris
Old 07-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #12  

Hi,

I did a Leisa Hart Ball Aero tape this morning-i (30 minutes) t was really fun: a ten minute warm up of dance type moves using a two pound "Ball Aero" weight (kind of like a weighted ball, but has straps to hold it), then ten minutes of an interval strength/aerobics segment, (used the four pound ball) followed by ten minutes of abs and stretching. I love her instruction-very warm and friendly person The three "ball aeros" are two, four and six pounds each, and the set has six different videos, two each of beg/int/advanced.

Can you tell I get bored easily and need to have tons of different exercise tapes to try?

Sherry
Old 07-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #13  
Searching

Talking I like Leisa Hart

But Nacy Popp and Tracy York always seemed more coordinated. She was more like the cute blond that you were suppose to be like

Yesterday 6000 steps

BUT TODAY!
Pilates 1st thing and my son and I just got back from our 3.7 mile walk I ALREADY HAVE almost 7000 steps in

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LETS GO LADIES
Miss Chris
Old 07-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok, so I have gotten my food back on track. But this morning, when I told Hubby that I had lost 7.5 lbs, he said "Imagine if you had been exercising!". After I beat him over the head, I realized that he was right and then this thread caught my eye. Can't really do much today. I have to work 12 hours and I have to stay away from my treadmill until my feet feel better. But there is no reason I can't go to Curves at least 3 times this week. I'll be checking in!

Chris - we're having a boot camp next week?? Details???
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #15  

Boot camp????? I'm sore just thinking about it.

I did do 30 minutes today on the Epillitcal (sp?) machine. I've been afraid to try it, but I burned 300 calories in 30 minutes on that thing and I really enjoyed it!! I also did 20 minutes on the bike, and 30 minutes on the treadmill.
Closed Thread