Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I see folks posting OP and don't know what it means??? Is it On Plan???

Thanks! Maggie
Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #47  

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama... That is exactly what is going on right now... To mkae a long story short. I convinced my parents to do dinner instead of breakfast... but now the sister is making a big deal about it... Since we always do things in the morning... So I told them that I wont show up. since I cant eat anything they have for breakfast. and my BF and I dont get his daughter til Noon, then we have to do our !
I know how you feel JellyMae, we can always count on one or two members of our family to hurt us and anger us more the anyone else. I have barely spoken to my brother since August when our mother passed away, he and his daughter were complete selfish jerks during the entire thing. Now we're all spending Xmas together with our father, and it has been very difficult for me not to vent and tell him just exactly what a jerk he was. but we are doing this for my dad, he fell and broke his hip over thanksgiving and is struggling as well. So I have to remember it is not about me or my brother, it is about my dad. But boy oh boy, it sure is hard to let go. I miss my mother terribly right now. .

Doing this diet is a good distraction and gives me something to focus on until the great rat race starts again after the holidays.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmflora View Post
I know how you feel JellyMae, we can always count on one or two members of our family to hurt us and anger us more the anyone else. I have barely spoken to my brother since August when our mother passed away, he and his daughter were complete selfish jerks during the entire thing. Now we're all spending Xmas together with our father, and it has been very difficult for me not to vent and tell him just exactly what a jerk he was. but we are doing this for my dad, he fell and broke his hip over thanksgiving and is struggling as well. So I have to remember it is not about me or my brother, it is about my dad. But boy oh boy, it sure is hard to let go. I miss my mother terribly right now. .

Doing this diet is a good distraction and gives me something to focus on until the great rat race starts again after the holidays.

Oh the family drama...I'm really going to miss my wine this Christmas...it somehow made everything a little calmer in my world!!! So, this year...as a distraction I've invited all the kids to put together ginger bread homes...I'm not a huge sweet tooth person so it won't be a big deal for me...but it will keep me from all my nutty family members for a bit!!! (I really love my family...it's just all of us under the same roof at once can be overwhelming!!!)
Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #49  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I see folks posting OP and don't know what it means??? Is it On Plan???

Thanks! Maggie
Yes. It means on plan.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #50  
Started IP 8.02.11

The main issue has been. That my parents were doing Xmas in the evening instead... To help me out to stay OP. Since I can't have bisquits and gravy. Etc.... But the lil skates says its not fair to change just because of me... So. With enough complaining. My mother finally gave in to them. Which irks me off too. Since this was agreed upon on turkey day. Gahhh people irritate me!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #51  

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Oh the family drama...I'm really going to miss my wine this Christmas...it somehow made everything a little calmer in my world!!!
I hear ya, I am going to miss my bota box malbec something fierce. But then again, alcohol may just be the match that lights the fire, and that would be a bad thing for my dad!

I love my family too....we are just all so different, we have less in common every year except each other...makes it difficult to be under the same roof!

Cheers!

Last edited by Lmflora; 12-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default new memeber to 3FC

Hey everyone! I've been on the diet for a few weeks now (started 11/11/11 ). I've been reading this forum for nearly that long. I think this site is awesome with what we are trying to accomplish. For some reason, alot of people try to bring you down when you're trying so hard to do the right thing for yourself... ahh oh well. i'm just glad you guys are here and glad that my BF is supportive
I'm dieting because i've been kinda heavy since about half way thru high school. it seems i went up about 10 lbs every year, and that is NOT okay. my entire family on both sides struggle with weight problems, and i'm not trying to follow that trend.
i just recently had my first baby yayyy. best thing that ever happened to me. it was a total surprise to find out that i was pregnant (in my last semester of school).. we definitely weren't planning for it, but...well it happened. wouldn't change anything. i gained 38 lbs during my pregnancy, putting me JUST over 200 lbs the day i had him. i was kept an extra night because my BP spiked and i was feeling lousy. i've had issues with my BP ever since.. (runs in the family) i've been on meds, which have been reduced, but i really wanna be completely healthy again..
i lost 15 lbs after the baby(doing nothing but healing), and the last 20+ pounds have STUCK! i've tried dieting, working out, burning ridiculous amounts of calories and completely exhausting myself...and nothing has worked thus far. NOTHING. not even a pound was shed before IP. I've lost just over 16 pounds in 5 in a half weeks. i have a weigh in tomorrow that i'm so anxious for. i always get super excited to go see the loss. i've never cheated and don't plan on it. i am/was a super carb-a-holic and its still tough for me.
i have, however, had several NSVs since ive started. the first was about 2 weeks ago when i FINALLY got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans i did a little dance in them when i realized i buttoned them with ease and didn't have to suck it in either ..second and third were going to xmas parties on two separate occasions and not going off plan in the least. i smelled all of dinner and every dessert and even made 200 home made truffles for the occasions. sometimes smelling them and pretending that i already ate them helps. lol every person at the end of the night were moaning and groaning and complaining of "being so full they could puke" and i wasn't even close to that. i was just enjoying my hot tea and feeling super proud that i did it!
anywho... so far so good on the diet. it's super strict and that's good for me. i'm pretty obsessive. the only thing that i kinda sorta did wrong and didn't know it...was i was adding a few drops of peppermint extract to the chocolate drink. i'd add ice and blend it for a peppermint mocha shake. (ammaaazing) but my coach said that the extract contained alcohols that could slow the progress. i've lost about 3 lbs a week WITH the extract, so this week i haven't had any Pepp. extract and we'll see what happens. i'm weighing in one day early because of their holiday weekend hours and i'm fighting the big C, like i have been since i started. i'm a little upset when i "can't go" shortly before weigh-in because i feel like it isn't quite accurate. i've been following protocol to the T, and have even been drinking Calm several times a week, which is what my coach said would help the problem. maybe i should increase the amount because i'm only going about twice a week and they aren't.....adequate. (sorry TMI)
anyway i'm glad i finally joined so i can comment and post with ya ladies and share in everyone's successes proud of everyone and glad we can all experience this journey together
Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #53  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Hey everybody! I hope everyone is having a nice, quiet evening at home with no stress! I am! My children went to my mother in law's for a few days and my house has been quiet all day. Listen....to the sound...of silence. I have been busy though. Wrapping presents, making crafty things, baking, cleaning, *sigh* (don't want to think about all of that right now). Anyway, I will officially start maintenance tomorrow. *cartwheels*
Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #54  
Started IP 8.02.11

Welcome newmom... Glad that you have finally decided to post... Instead of extrats. You can try the SF peppermint sryup. I tend to use them quite often!!
Closed Thread