S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Dec. 19-25

New pages everyone!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Very busy Saturday and Sunday.....but productive. Got everything done on my list that can't be done when the darned workers are here. I truly hope they are going to be completely done this week. My wrapping is all done and packaged to go out on Christmas day and after.

Oddly enough, my eating is good. I already have 10 pounds back and I'm trying not to have it be more. I really want to indulge Saturday through Monday so I feel like I really need to be extra good until then.

Today is PT and hair for me. I'm so looking forward to sitting in the Stylist's chair like a spoiled creature and not thinking about what is going on here.

I simply cannot believe that this is Christmas week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #3  

Vickie, enjoy your pampering. Hopefully, the workers will be out of your house soon.

We had a nice afternoon with some family members, including the three gkids, over to decorate the tree and eat granddaddy's famous chili and Nana's famous chocolate cake. I was good about the cake but the leftovers are calling loudly. I'll ignore them as best I can.

I began the day by having some skin lesions burned off. Nothing serious, but it certainly woke me up I'll be off to the gym later today.

I think that my attitude is good about eating and the holidays and my indulgences are over. Everyone's schedule is such that we probably won't be having a big meal and we can be quiet at home. We'll spend Christmas Eve with the grandkids, and Christmas morning I'll run around town to see the great nieces and nephews open presents.

We've been having family discussions about different traditions, trying to find what suits us best. I know that I am happy when the kids decorate the tree and that might suit my needs for the season.

ps: the posts about the ads seem to have been removed...don't know why..

Last edited by Tejas; 12-19-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to be short as I have lots of things to do before I leave for NY tomorrow morning.

I went to the movies with Mary and we saw The Chipmunks Chipwrecked,it was cute,but my DD told me that the Grandchildren want to see it with me, Told her I will go again with them.

Going to figure out how to balance my suit case & my hand luggage with the gifts I have to pack.TG I don't have to bring my cane as the cortisone is working so nicely I have no pain in my hip.

Just heard on the Radio that Our town was under attract and two houses were shot at, the news is breaking It seems like a woman inheriting some property was shot back in 2005,as her stepsons didn't like that decision,so he hired a hit man. Now today hit man is be indicted to tell the police who told him to kill her.Its scary to believe a small town like ours have killers loose. We never had anything like that happen before in the 15 years I have been living here.

Have to go,so I'm here to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HANUKKAH and I see you in the New Year.

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #5  

Maryann! DUCK!!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  

here in Texas....much needed.

Sky is dark already and it feels almost like winter.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Maryann, sounds like it's a good time for you to get out of Dodge. Till then--keep dodging.

Rhonda, decorating the tree sounds like a lot of fun.

Vickie, are those guys going to be out by this weekend? I hope so. We went through the same type stuff when we had our porches built a few years back. But now we're loving our porches and wouldn't take for them.

The granddaughters and I shopped for over 6 hours today. They got some cute clothes. I'm going to wrap them now and we'll give them to them at the family tree. Have any of you ever shopped at Wet Seal and Rue 21? That's where we were most of the afternoon. Cute, trendy clothes! Of coursee, they had nothing that would work for me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The granite vanity is coming today....finally. It's over 8 feet long and I have no idea how they are going to get it up my 3 steps and around a corner. I'll be hiding someplace where I can't see or here them. There is some plumbing and electric and grouting left and then some touch up drywall and painting. If they can get the plumber and electrician back here quickly, they should be out of here by Thursday. I REALLY need to be baking cookies but I'm not going to start them today until they leave. I have to get about 8 dozen cookies made before Saturday and I feel like I'm running out of time. Oh well.

Surprisingly enough, my eating is still pretty good.

Are you all done for the holidays?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #9  

Well, I need to wrap presents, make sure we have enough stuff for the grandkids, visit a great nephew who is only 10 months old, etc.

I haven't told you but I'm part of a group of three writing a paper on the health effects of fracking because we live on top of the Barnett Shale and the city is considering new regulations. Our paper is due today!! It's almost ready.

I have appointment with the rheumatologist on the 30th. I'm eager to hear what she has to say.

Other than that, all is well.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I want some cookies. I'm having some problems staying sf but so far so good. I do miss Christmas cookies, though. My favorite is sugar cookies/icing. I keep telling myself, "I've had them before and I know what they taste like." Then I start thinking of fudge. (I know what it tastes like, too.) So far so good.

I hope your guys are finished and gone Thursday.

Rhonda, have ya'll been having earthquakes like Cleburne? Good for you for taking a stand. I hope you get a good report the 30th.

I am exhausted today from the marathon (for me that is) shopping trip yesterday. We had a great time, but I feel like I'm half asleep today. I'm heading out in a few for a mani/pedi. I'm postponing shopping for gift wrap till tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

The vanity top is in. Too bad our contractor called in sick. Don't really feel like baking now.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #12  

Yeah Vickie. Is it installed or just at your home? I loved baking Christmas cookies. Been quite a few year though.

Rhonda good luck with dr. Hope you get a good report.

Sandra, when my daughter and I go shopping, we leave in morning and get home sometimes after midnight. We are gone so long, we eat lunch and dinner, lol.

We've been walking twice a day. Haven't lost a single pound, but we are not giving up. Our eating is good too.

Sorry I missed Maryann. I know she will have a good time, especially since her hip pain is gone.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's installed as are the sinks. It looks beautiful, but darker than we remembered. It's dreary here though and we haven't seen it in natural light. I'm forcing myself to bake. I'm running out of time.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Y'all sound a little tired/stressed! Try to stay focused on the reason we celebrate Christmas, and that will warm your heart and put a smile on your face.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

You're right, Sloan. Besides the "real" reason, I have tons to be grateful for. I know this is a blip on the radar.

I'm making cookie dough to chill while I go to my foot doctor appointment. Worker is at least back here today though he says he's really sick. He plans to have the job done tomorrow. Cleaning lady is due at noon so I hope they are done so she can clean good for us since I'm SO allergic to dust. Otherwise poor Jim will have to do it.

So I'll be baking later with workers going back and forth. It can't be helped. I need some cookies to take with me to our favorite waitress for Christmas!