Old 12-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Question Frustrated with my coach

Well today was supposed to be my first weigh in day. Had an appointment this morning at 8:30 and waited till 8:45 and then I left, because my coach did not show up!! She said she misread her appointment book and thought the appointment was for 8:45... I would have waited longer if I hadn't of worked last night and have to work again tonight. I was there 15 minutes early for my appointment, so actually waited around for 45 minutes. Only problem is all I have left to eat for today and tomorrow is jello, my coach is not taking appointments tomorrow so what am I supposed to do about food?? Is it possible to go somewhere else to buy my food? If I want to go somewhere else and do the IPP so I can get a different coach do I have to pay to join again?? I really dont have that much confidence in my coach....thanks for letting me vent!!!
bay316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay316 View Post
Well today was supposed to be my first weigh in day. Had an appointment this morning at 8:30 and waited till 8:45 and then I left, because my coach did not show up!! She said she misread her appointment book and thought the appointment was for 8:45... I would have waited longer if I hadn't of worked last night and have to work again tonight. I was there 15 minutes early for my appointment, so actually waited around for 45 minutes. Only problem is all I have left to eat for today and tomorrow is jello, my coach is not taking appointments tomorrow so what am I supposed to do about food?? Is it possible to go somewhere else to buy my food? If I want to go somewhere else and do the IPP so I can get a different coach do I have to pay to join again?? I really dont have that much confidence in my coach....thanks for letting me vent!!!
Hi Bay, I feel for you and the sturggles you are having with your coach. I do not have the best coach either. I really believe those of us having issues with our coaches really need to let IP know about it and the name of the coach so something can be done. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your questions. If I were close to you I would share my food with you, I buy more than the one week supply when I go just in order to have some variety--perhaps when you get back with your coach you could do the same thing just to avoid this trouble in the future. Good luck!
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Go to walmart or costco or somewhere that sells EAS CARB CONTROL SHAKES and pure protein bars.....buy enough to last you until you can go back to you clinic. These are alternatives to IP, my mom used those and just followed the IP sheet
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #4  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

I agree on buying more than 1 week if you can afford to do so. That is why this forum is so useful when the "coaches" are less than great! Good luck.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #5  

Find a new salesperson?

You're giving this person money. Their JOB is to sell stuff to you. If they're not motivated enough to make money from you, take your money somewhere else.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #6  

Where I live we don't pay a fee the only charge is for the product, I hear you when it comes to the coaching, my first week I lost 12.6 lbs, very happy ! Week 2 was .6lbs. She asked what I ate I told her that I had a few of the bars during the week she was really surprised and said that was the reason I didn't lose, funny thing she sold them to me!!!!! and can't believe she did!!!
I will I can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #7  

That is not true, the bars do nothing different. For the first 2 weeks I lost my first week 9.8lbs second week was 6.2lbs AND my coach gave me my food saw I was buying 2 boxes of bars and a chocolate drink for the first 2 weeks SOOOOOO i was having 2 bars a day(restricted) and one chocolate shake a day. So having a restricted doesn't make a difference in losses. This is MY experience only though, everyone is different
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

OK - so I am going to take a different approach. Everyone has a bad day and this may have been one for your coach. Give her a second chance, and let her know how upsetting it was for you. You pay a lot of money for her service. In the meantime, I would look around for one that suits you and your needs better. It seems strange that you couldn't at least get some food for the next week. Get some of the stuff that Wuv suggested in the meantime. I feel bad for those of you that have coaches who aren't the best. I wish I could clone mine and share her with everyone.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Bay316,

I'm saddened to hear your coach let you down. I agree with Wuv, get what you need to get by, and give your coach another chance. There are many on this site who are having wonderful successes with great coaches, okay coaches, uninformed coaches, or no coach at all. Continue to use this site to learn from all these wonderful Ipeeps and you'll have great successes too! You can do this!
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

I am in Ontario as well. Where are you from? Maybe I can help you find somewhere to buy your food. PM me if you like.
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay316 View Post
Let me know where you are as well. I live in Ontario in the GTA.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #12  

I agree with you WUV, I don't understand how it could make a differance either, because even if there is a scientific balance to IP and it helps speed up weight loss the body still shouldn't forget calories in and calories out, of which our calorie intake is only around 1000 a day. A IP bar instead of a shake is only about a 50 calorie differance. PS you look like you are doing great!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #13  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That is not true, the bars do nothing different. For the first 2 weeks I lost my first week 9.8lbs second week was 6.2lbs AND my coach gave me my food saw I was buying 2 boxes of bars and a chocolate drink for the first 2 weeks SOOOOOO i was having 2 bars a day(restricted) and one chocolate shake a day. So having a restricted doesn't make a difference in losses. This is MY experience only though, everyone is different

I too have tried many weeks not having any restrictives.... and I DO BETTER when I do have one a day. plus I get my sweet tooth taken care of!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #14  

Maybe cutting the bars in 3or 4 pieces and enjoying a bite with some tea may help us satisfy the sweet tooth, anyone afraid of the holiday's coming up?? I did not bake so it isn't in the house, I think that will help me a bit. Anybody have any other ideas to behave during the holiday???
Old 12-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I will I can View Post
Maybe cutting the bars in 3or 4 pieces and enjoying a bite with some tea may help us satisfy the sweet tooth, anyone afraid of the holiday's coming up?? I did not bake so it isn't in the house, I think that will help me a bit. Anybody have any other ideas to behave during the holiday???
Here are a few recipes for you.....

Holiday Eggnog IP Style (by the pitcher)
1 Packet Plain Egg Mix
1 Vanilla ReadyMade (cold)
8 oz of Water
20 drops Clear SweetLeaf Drops
1 Capful Rum Extract
1 Capful Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg to taste

Blend all above in a blender…Chill in fridge. Serve as is or top with sugar free whip cream and nutmeg. Will make a blender full.

Custard
Ingredients:
2 packets of IP’s Butterscotch pudding
2 packets of IP’s Vanilla pudding
1 egg white
1 pinch of sea salt
Pumpkin pie spices and nutmeg to taste
Mix all ingredients together well. Bake in oven for 20 minutes on 350°C. Cool off and
enjoy!

MOCK BAKED APPLES!
6 zucchini
1/2 of fresh squeezed lemon
sea salt sprinkle
1/2 jar of WF Apple Butter
1/2 tsp allspice
sprinkle to taste with cinnamon
bake!

No Pumpkin Pie Special Holiday Ideal Protein Recipe for you:

Ingredients:
2 Butterscotch IP Puddings
2 Vanilla IP Puddings
1 Egg White
Dash of Real Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Nutmeg (To Taste)
Bake 20 minutes 350 Degrees / Chill

Top w/fluffy egg whites : )

IP Pumpkin Layered Parfait
IP Vanilla Pudding Mix – mix with 4 ˝ oz water then stir in a tiny bit of grated orange zest. Chill
IP Butterscotch Pudding Mix- mix with 4 ˝ oz water and as much pumpkin pie spice as desired. Chill
Layer each chilled pudding in a beautiful glass and top with a small amount of Sugar Free Whip Cream (this is a holiday, after all!)
Variations: I like to use a few ounces of the vanilla readymade in place of some of the water in the puddings. I also like to add in a splash of rum extract to the vanilla pudding.
You can crush up the apple cinnamon puffs and place between layers and on the top.
You can also vary the flavors with sweet leaf drops. English toffee or vanilla cream added to both these pudding..Yum!!

PUMPKIN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE (IP Butterscotch Pudding): Enjoy the delicious taste of Pumpkin Pie in either a thick pudding or a creamy iced frappacino. Perfect for the holidays...or any day! The Butterscotch & spices really do taste like you are cheating with the real thing.

Ingredients:
1 packet IP Butterscotch Pudding
16 oz (2 cups) cold water for drink / 8 oz (1 cup) cold water for pudding
1 packet Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
(You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by mixing
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
•1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice)
Ice (if making drink)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add water, butterscotch pudding, spices and sweetener.
2. Blend.
3. If making a drink, add 3-4 ice cubes.
4. Pour into cup or glass and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top.

(Other Phases may also want to add a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream if they are feeling especially wicked, but it tastes great without it.)