Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/140/130

Height: 5'8

Default Weight Loss Buddy Wanted!

I had a weight loss buddy but she was fickle, weak and bailed on me (and herself) after one binge. Tried to encourage her to get back on track but... no such luck.

Anyway, I could use someone to be accountable to for exercise, eating well...especially someone who isn't just throwing in the towel because it's the holidays.

I have ~40 pounds to lose. I'm single. I mention it because my last weight loss buddy regularly detailed all the junk food her overweight husband brought home.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in touching base a few times a week, give me a shout!

Last edited by PorkyPiggin; 12-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.
PorkyPiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #2  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

There are some great daily accountability threads in here you may want to check out and see if they suit you, or maybe another where you can have progress shared and encouraged? I utlize this forum as well as Myfitnesspal - which also doubles as my place for logging food/exercise as well. Just a suggestion? There are quite a few of us that have gotten our weight loss friends together to keep accountable with through both forums Or in my case, I have met some that we now stay accountable via these methods
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/131/110

Height: Five ft 1 in

Default RE: Weight loss buddy

Hi I'm new here and was looking for the same thing. Someone to talk to that was in the same boat as me. I would like to lose atleast 15 to 20 pounds. Maybe we could help each other out.
jujubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I could use a buddy too. I have no one to celebrate or complain to and I am married.. how sad is that?? I have 40 pounds to lose also...
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #5  

My hubby is there for me. But I find that sometimes it's easier to talk to someone who is not bye your side every minute. Also we are all trying to lose weight so we have a common goal. No matter how supportive emotionally a spouse, friend or family member may be. If they are not trying to lose weight, It kinda feels like they are not truly with you.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #6  

Anyway if anyone needs to talk i'm here
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

I would love to have a weight loss buddy. My email is my screen name at yahoo.com
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #8  

Wow! I'm thrilled other folks need some support as well. Honestly, I didn't check back and told myself no one would be interested.

And thanks for the suggestions ItsMyTurn, I'm just starting to navigate the various support forums.

jujubunny, mgruce and tarashoar, we can *all* encourage each other on this thread or you can feel free to PM me.
Power in numbers, right?
I just wanted a smaller group or couple of people to be directly accountable to.

Guess I'll start with sharing some of my goals!

1. Eliminate processed sugar. Now, that's not permanently but I feel I'm addicted to sugar and have very poor self control where it's concerned.
So... I'm off sugar through January 30th and then... we'll see.
2. Lose 35 pounds! Improve my body composition (build muscle, lose fat).
3. Start lifting weights within the next 3 weeks.

My plan. Exercise at least 4x a week. I'll start with cardio and low impact exercises and check back here regularly to update you guys and see how everyone is doing!

Starting weight: 164 (I've lost some already - yeeeehaw!)

Dunno why I said that, I'm from Manhattan... maybe "wooohooo" would be more appropriate.

I'll weigh in again on 12/31 to see where I ended 2011.... but I'll be checking in here in the meantime!

Last edited by PorkyPiggin; 12-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarashoar View Post
I would love to have a weight loss buddy. My email is my screen name at yahoo.com
Hit you up on yahoo messenger
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #10  

I also cut a lot of sugar's, salt and processed foods from my diet. The only packaged foods I tend to eat is fat free Greek yogurt, Almond Milk and Whole grain breads. For my "cheats" I occasionally use honey if I want something sweet. Also 80% dark chocolate So still Kinda healthy. I do believe in indulging when the need to eat bad foods strike. Better to eat it it while still in control, Then when ravenous for it.

Wow! I'm thrilled other folks need some support as well. Honestly, I didn't check back and told myself no one would be interested.

And thanks for the suggestions ItsMyTurn, I'm just starting to navigate the various support forums.

jujubunny, mgruce and tarashoar, we can *all* encourage each other on this thread or you can feel free to PM me.
Power in numbers, right?
I just wanted a smaller group or couple of people to be directly accountable to.

Guess I'll start with sharing some of my goals!

1. Eliminate processed sugar. Now, that's not permanently but I feel I'm addicted to sugar and have very poor self control where it's concerned.
So... I'm off sugar through January 30th and then... we'll see.
2. Lose 35 pounds! Improve my body composition (build muscle, lose fat).
3. Start lifting weights within the next 3 weeks.

My plan. Exercise at least 4x a week. I'll start with cardio and low impact exercises and check back here regularly to update you guys and see how everyone is doing!

Starting weight: 164 (I've lost some already - yeeeehaw!)

Dunno why I said that, I'm from Manhattan... maybe "wooohooo" would be more appropriate.

I'll weigh in again on 12/31 to see where I ended 2011.... but I'll be checking in here in the meantime![/QUOTE]
Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubunny View Post
I also cut a lot of sugar's, salt and processed foods from my diet. The only packaged foods I tend to eat is fat free Greek yogurt, Almond Milk and Whole grain breads. For my "cheats" I occasionally use honey if I want something sweet. Also 80% dark chocolate So still Kinda healthy. I do believe in indulging when the need to eat bad foods strike. Better to eat it it while still in control, Then when ravenous for it.
That's awesome juju. Cutting the processed sugar pretty much eliminates all packaged foods automatically. I don't even have to bother reading labels! I eat those things too - greek yog, almond milk. I agree it's best to have a little when the mood strikes you. My issue has been I could never stop at a little. I did a one month sugar fast, took a week off and am now doing closer to 2 months. Just slowly working toward better eating habits. Like how vegetarians stop eating red meat, then chicken then fish... and sorta grow into it.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #12  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

i'd like to join the group. please keep me posted or PM whether or not we will have a mailing list or just come on a thread? maybe we can give ourselves a name?
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #13  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

me too. Im in I could use some pals.
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkyPiggin View Post
That's awesome juju. Cutting the processed sugar pretty much eliminates all packaged foods automatically. I don't even have to bother reading labels! I eat those things too - greek yog, almond milk. I agree it's best to have a little when the mood strikes you. My issue has been I could never stop at a little. I did a one month sugar fast, took a week off and am now doing closer to 2 months. Just slowly working toward better eating habits. Like how vegetarians stop eating red meat, then chicken then fish... and sorta grow into it.
I also have always had a hard time stopping too. Like eating 3 cupcakes instead of one. One thing that helps me is eating a small portion of something bad. Then eating something like an apple right afterward. It kinda takes the urge to go back to eating the bad stuff away.

Anywho! I'm glad everyone seems to be making good choices. Hope we can all stay onboard during the holiday's. If anyone needs to be talked down from the dessert table, I'm here.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #15  

caliyah & Ariannag, welcome!

Let's just all touch base on this thread. That way, if I'm going through something I have a chance one of you can help or relate (and vice versa). Strength in numbers!

I went off the rails Christmas Eve and Day. But what's most important is that I quickly got back on track. I've been at the gym daily and .... this morning I saw Santa there! He was off duty of course. He told me he's hired to be Santa at the mall here every year. Authentic beard and everything.

Now, if Santa can work out during the busiest, most stressful time of year... crunch time, so can I!

I've planned my work outs through Jan 1st so I can stay on track & finish 2011 strong.

How's everyone else doing??