Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 PM   #1  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Default Re-Introduction

I have been doing Atkins and though I have been doing well (but on again off again) I needed to find another support board where I felt comfortable. I have printed this here before when I first registered and though I would update it and re-print it. I also posted this in the "introductions" forum:

I was born and raised in Daytona Beach and now, for the last 20 years or so, call Louisville Ky home. I am 1/2 Lumbee/Cherokee and 1/2 Roman Italian. I have always had a weight a problem, but always managed to keep it down "just" enough (in need of loosing about 15 or 20 pounds, but I carried it really well) to get by being the lead singer of a fairly successful alternative rock band. I always figured that as long as I was lucky enough to have my mothers genes and not look my age, I'd continue the music I love so much. Well, I didn't count on the "other" side of getting older, I just couldn't keep up like I used to with work AND the band. I get tired quicker for one and don't really enjoy it as I used to and now want to spend more time with my grandchildren. Well, I remarried (4th and LAST time), and gave up the band. (though now we are together again but concentrating more originals and not so much playing out like we used to) I have now in the last 3 years of re-married life, gained 40 pounds, add that to what I had and I AM FAT! I'm not as busy as I used to be...meaning I'm not moving as much, not as much exercise, I have three sons and 4 grandchildren. I am a very passionate person about the things I care deeply about....which gets me in trouble I am still in the custody battle for my granddaughter...I have emergency temporary custody till the final custody date the 26th of next month. This had been a loooooong drawn out thing....her mother (not my daughter, I am the paternal grandmother) her mother is unfit.

My interest include, but not limited to, ancient Egypt, metaphysics, computers, and ANIMALS! I am the Salon manager for PetSmart and love ALL animals! I am 48 years old, born October 20th 1954 (makes me a Libra on the cusp of Scorpio, Capricorn rising, Scorpio in Mars, Mercury & Venus if your into that sort of thing) I share my home with 4 dogs, 3 cats, 4 ferrets, 13 domestic pet rats, 3 pet tarantulas, a 5' iguana, 2 birds, and 2 Dagus. Oh yeah, and 1
husband with a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) that is very difficult to live with. I go by LadyV on the internet, or just "V", short for, "The Lady Vatrovia"
Old 07-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Lady V!

Wow you're in a band! Cool! That's quite the personal zoo you have there.... I love animals too but I am currently down to one cat after having 2 cats, 2 rats, 2 fighting fish and a cockatiel.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME LADY V!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUP!! Getting older really takes it out of you, doesn't it? I used to be able to walk non-stop regardless of my weight, and I have had a sudden drop of energy in the last few years. Trying to build back up again!!! (I'm 45) You sure DO NOT look old enough to have grand kids!! Lots of fun people here, so jump right in!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:56 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome to the wonderful, crazy world of the Alternachicks Lady V!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Lady V!

Gee, you look DAMNED good for 48!!
Old 07-19-2003, 07:09 AM   #6  
Hot Stuff

Grandchildren??? Grandmother????? NO WAY! I looked at your pic when I started to read your post and figured you to be in your 20s!!! You sleep in a ziploc bag, right? Keeps the freshness in?
Must be those great genes!

Will keep for you with the custody battle.

Nice to meet another lizard lady! I used to have a 5.5 ft iguana that we rescued from a tiny aquarium in a pet store. We had him for 2 years, but his last breeding season he went a little nuts. He attacked me, took a nice bite out of my face. His vet said he was likely going for my eye, lucky I have good reflexes. Broke my heart, but we gave him to a breeder. I couldn't put him through surgical or chemical castration. Too risky. We have a four year old bearded dragon now, Vader. Had him since he was the size of my thumb. He's a sweet little guy, very social.

And of course, the current loves of my life, Sherlock and Salem, my black cats.

Sorry to hear about your husband's injury. You certainly have a lot to deal with. I hope you find this is a good place for support and great for venting when needed.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:11 AM   #7  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I sure needed it! (Long story!) I'm off to work.......
Old 07-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #8  

Welocme Lady V! I agree, you look like you are in your 20s, no more than 24 or 25. And beautiful too!

Lidian
Closed Thread