Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 12/17 - Sunday 12/18

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 12-17-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #2  

Good morning IP daily threaders!!! I have been out of control on my first week of maintenance so I am checking in here with you all!!! Phase 1 is much easier! LOL Have a great day!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/136.5/130

Height: 5'4

Congratulations! Some days I don't know if I can keep on the diet. How did you do it on the tough days???

I went to the emergency room last week with severe chest pains which thankfully did not turn out to be heart related. The pain came back several days later. Might be gall stones, etc. getting tested. Sometimes I feel SO sick and tired I feel like stopping the diet and restarting when I feel better. Any advice?

I have no idea how to work this signature stuff or how to edit my weight under my screen name to change weight.

Last edited by Suzsh; 12-17-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsh View Post
Congratulations! Some days I don't know if I can keep on the diet. How did you do it on the tough days???

I went to the emergency room last week with severe chest pains which thankfully did not turn out to be heart related. The pain came back several days later. Might be gall stones, etc. getting tested. Sometimes I feel SO sick and tired I feel like stopping the diet and restarting when I feel better. Any advice?

I have no idea how to work this signature stuff or how to edit my weight under my screen name to change weight.
Oh Suezsh! I am glad it was not heart related, but still even gall stones are bad. I just keep looking for the goal and knowing that in maintenance I can still have my "fun" day. (I just need to make sure it isn't DAYS!) I do think that you need to revisit your daily check list, Make sure you have all your water, salt, oil, veggies, and all your vitamins in each day. There is a reason for the protocol and it all works together. Good luck.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/136.5/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Oh Suezsh! I am glad it was not heart related, but still even gall stones are bad. I just keep looking for the goal and knowing that in maintenance I can still have my "fun" day. (I just need to make sure it isn't DAYS!) I do think that you need to revisit your daily check list, Make sure you have all your water, salt, oil, veggies, and all your vitamins in each day. There is a reason for the protocol and it all works together. Good luck.
Thanks Sandy! I do write down everything every day and try to stick to the protocol. Sometimes I get tripped upon the salt.....not enough. Thank you for the support.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Good morning, I'm so happy its the weekend, I had one of the worst weeks I've had in a very long time. Still couldn't relax last night so I forced myself to relax in bed a bit this morning. I woke up with some great news though, down 1.8!! I finally get to put another little tree in my signature!! Woohoo!! I have a christmas party tonight and the loss it he best motivation not to cheat!

SUZSH - Sorry to hear that you're not feeling the best. I got sick half way through my IP journey and decided to stop the diet until I felt better. I did not gain the weight back, however it was very difficult to get back OP. It took me almost a month just to get back into it, which is why I know I can't take a Christmas break either. However, you do need to do whats best for you, I would talk to your doctor and see what he recommends.

I hope everybody has a great OP weekend!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5'0"

Getting ready for a Christmas party that I am having tomorrow. Going to hit Trader Joe's at opening time to beat the crowds. My goal is to buy items that I don't like and would never eat, but that other people like. So for me, being a vegetarian, that's meat!! duh-easy one huh. Anyhow, I went to put on some pants this morning and grabbed a pair of my mundane work pants and realized that I actually had a pair of jeans in my closet that fit me now. It was wonderful feeling. It's the little things that make this diet so worth it. Now I am all psyched and ready to take on the day. My pot of tea is made, the bed's made, the birds are singing. Everything is great.

Have a terrific weekend everyone.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsh View Post

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. Can you pinpoint the events to anything particular in your life, or something you ate or took. I feel fortunate that I am doing this diet through my PMD and her office and I can call her or go see her anytime I'm having concerns. So - the best advice I can give you is to see your doctor if you continue feeling badly. Are you taking all your vitamins and minerals? Take it easy this weekend. I do hope that you feel better soon.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

(I'm not gonna say the o word I'm not gonna say the o word).......

Hi all
Had my WI this am and down another pound but inches were all over the place up and down (weird). It was such a hard week with two parties and baking twice for kids things so I'm glad I got through it. I'm very thankful that Christmas is here at my house so I can control it

I hope everyone is doing well - we can get through this week - WE WILL!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/172/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I had my weigh in yesterday and had a 2 lb loss! Even more exciting, I have lost over 33 inches total! That is wild! I am anxious to see if my family notices next week when I go to be with them for Christmas. I haven't mentioned that I have been dieting. I am also worried about following this plan when I am there.

Last edited by Teach2lose; 12-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Day 5 on the program and I am so stinkin' hungry today. Usually afternoon is my hungry time. Hoping the whole day is not like this :P.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Good morning all! Day 5 on the program and I am so stinkin' hungry today. Usually afternoon is my hungry time. Hoping the whole day is not like this :P.
I'm 1/2way thru my 2nd week and the hunger finally lessened quite a bit on day 6. The thing that helped me a lot was on my 5th day, I started eating 2oz of my dinner protein with my lunch. Really helped with hunger until dinner. Also, took 1/2 cup of bell peppers/celery whatever and kept it with me during the day. When I got really hungry I would munch on a few with water or hot tea. Don't forget to count that 1/2 cup towards your 4 cup allotment.

Good luck! Only 2 more days till WI. You'll be happy you stuck with it.

Pam
Old 12-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Good Morning everyone
weighed in today and lost another 2.6 on my third WI - 12 lbs TOTAL in 3 wks.
I love this diet!!
Congrats to everyone today!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
Good Morning everyone
weighed in today and lost another 2.6 on my third WI - 12 lbs TOTAL in 3 wks.
I love this diet!!
Congrats to everyone today!
Weigh to go! Very motivating. Have a great day!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Weigh to go! Very motivating. Have a great day!
thank you!! I tried really hard this week, had our office Xmas party too and I did not cheat, although I wanted to.

Now the biggest challenge is coming up, Christmas!!
Closed Thread