General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #31  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
One thing that I've found with weight loss is that even though I've lost a lot of inches in my bust at times I've lost more in my underbust so my cup size went up because it's the difference between your bust and underbust.
This seems to be what happened to me....I'm a 32DD now (I was a 40D when started), although I'd like to try on the bras to confirm it. The measurements point to 32DD though and I tried on a 34C recently just to see if I can get something that fits properly in the meantime and the cups fit but the band was too loose.

Bah. What a horrible time to have to go to some of the department stores! I think I'll just order online and hope for the best

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-15-2011 at 06:32 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #32  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh goodness, hope I lose some boobs, at least proportional to my band size going down. I am a 36J and can only really but bras online or at Intimacy. Large breasts aren't all they're cracked up to be. I love having cleavage and don't want to lose it, but I'd be thrilled to be a more normal size.

Have you double checked they your bra fits properly, by the way? Many women believe they are 32A's and end up being 28D's, when the band fits properly and the cups are sitting correctly on the rib cage. Ill fitting bras are a menace to society and many gals, large and small, who hate their boobs are often not wearing the correct size. I began my bra fitting journey quite a few pounds ago as a 44D. My correct size was a 40F, at the time. Big, big difference. And yet my breasts looked better and more proportional for my size in the larger cups!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:54 AM   #33  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
True dat!! Either way - it was embarrassing! My Mum pointed it out when I was in a public place that I had a double boob...I was mortified and so pissed off at her but she was right!

When I get down to my goal weight I'm going to assess my boob situation and if I'm still really big I'm considering a breast reduction. I tried to get one before I started losing weight but because I had a BMI above 25 they couldn't fund me. And trust me, I didn't make the decision lightly, big boobs make me miserable! I hate being the girl with the big boobs, I want to be the girl who's cool, or has the nice eyes - ANYTHING but the girl with the big boobs.

When I was at my highest weight I was somehow able to forget all the problems that I had with big boobs. Mostly it was because I found more brands that carried larger cup sizes in larger band sizes (I typically have a pretty small band size) and also a lot of the plus size clothes were cut more generously in the chest. Plus, most people were just looking at a "fat girl" not one who had boobs much larger than the rest of her body.

Once I started dropping the weight, I had an Ah-Ha moment when I realized I couldn't find bras in store and never would be able to, ditto with most tops/dressed. I started reading a lot of blogs from other women with the same problem and eventually started my own. That really helped me to deal with it, dress better etc. Not saying you don't have to have surgery (my own mom did for that matter) but it really helped me a lot. I'm still thinking about a breast lift after we're done having kids. Between all the weight loss and breastfeeding for a long time there's a lot of lose skin there!!!!

One thing that I've found, though, that since I've changed my atttitude, I've changed my confidence levels and people DO notice more than my breasts.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #34  
June

sontaikle- I feel your pain!!! I hate having to guess my size and then order online and hope and pray that they'll fit. The worst is that the shipping costs are so bad that sometimes it would cost MORE to return a bad fitting bra than buying a new one, ugh! At the moment I have a pile of bras I need to figure out how to sell.

Arctic Mama- I wish! For me it's always been one or the other. For long time I was dropping a TON in my band size and nothing in the cups. Now I've started dropping some in the cups (of course, it's ALWAYS after I ordered new bras online and right before they arrive) but my band size is threatening to go down again, which will really suck because I'll have a 28 band and many, many brands don't even make bras in that size!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

What is frustrating to me is that the ONE store... Catherine's... that USED to carry bras in my size has now stopped doing so, saying to order them online. Fine, but a bra is not exactly something you can get a good fit on, on the Internet. I just want to be able to walk into a store and buy a bra!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #36  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
What is frustrating to me is that the ONE store... Catherine's... that USED to carry bras in my size has now stopped doing so, saying to order them online. Fine, but a bra is not exactly something you can get a good fit on, on the Internet. I just want to be able to walk into a store and buy a bra!!!
Seriously! Stores offer what sells so that's why I always encourage women to try to buy their actual size not just something that works. If we're all trying to squeeze into Victoria's Secrets super limited range when that's not what really fits than there is no incentive for them to offer new size.

Buying online, though, can be a serious PITA. I always dream of being about to go to the UK and shopping at Bravissimo/Pepperberry.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #37  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Seriously! Stores offer what sells so that's why I always encourage women to try to buy their actual size not just something that works. If we're all trying to squeeze into Victoria's Secrets super limited range when that's not what really fits than there is no incentive for them to offer new size.

Buying online, though, can be a serious PITA. I always dream of being about to go to the UK and shopping at Bravissimo/Pepperberry.
I laugh ... when not screaming with frustration when people say to be sure to buy your right size, get the right fit, etc. Yeh... just TRY it if you are outside the "accepted" typical sizes! Grrrrrr for most of us being personally fitted and paying for custom designed/fitted bras is not practical, especially when our weight fluctuates.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #38  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I laugh ... when not screaming with frustration when people say to be sure to buy your right size, get the right fit, etc. Yeh... just TRY it if you are outside the "accepted" typical sizes! Grrrrrr for most of us being personally fitted and paying for custom designed/fitted bras is not practical, especially when our weight fluctuates.
No kidding! FWIW, I've found a lot of online shops where you don't need to pay customs and if you watch online sometimes there's even free international shipping (brastop did this recently)! If you're in the US as long as you order under $200 worth of goods you don't need to pay shipping costs. They don't orfer any bras remotely close to my size here so I've become an expert on ordering bras online and finding deals. Sad, actually...