Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default December Feathers Chat!

Come on guys, I disappeared for almost a month and no one started a December chat?

Things are going so-so over here. Weighed in today at 134, so I've put on a couple pounds but nothing major. I'm working a busy job I don't particularly care for, pay is lousy, and my hours are generally 10-6 or somewhere around there, which is not great for exercise since I don't like getting up early and by the time I get home I feel too lazy to do anything. Eating is ok, I am packing healthy lunches most days. Not in peak physical condition as I started smoking again and my muscle tone is way down.

Some of you might remember I ended things with my bf of 5 years a while back...I swear I intended to be single for a long time but I met someone cool and now we hang out almost daily. I hate the idea of being a serial dater but you can't time everything perfectly. He weighs 100 pounds more than I do, first big (not fat, he's tall and muscular) guy I've ever been with, and is looking to lose weight. I really want to keep that 100 pounds between us, so I am looking to slim down a bit too. I've been trying to lose 5-10 lbs for something like 10 months now.

How's everyone doing???
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

December is starting alright. Is he looking to lose or just gain muscle without getting bigger? I'm feeling more like a featherweight everyday but I need to break my habit of eating at Panda Express in avoidance of making real food. I've been pretty stressed out over things which is helping me make excuses this week for only doing Zumba and not weight training. Sigh. I wish steamed vegetables were my favorite food. Having trouble sleeping now.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #3  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Krampus, that doesn't make you a serial dater. I think one can be classified as that if they intentionally jump from one person to another because they can't stand to be alone-- but this doesn't seem like the case for you. Just go with it
lilies, I love panda express. There isn't one near me or I would be there often too.
Things are going well over here. I swore off treadmill running 12 years ago because of an absolutely horrendous workout I had to do on one once (no details necessary). However, given that there is a foot of snow on the ground or the road is coated in ice has limited my time outside, so I took up with the treadmill again. I was surprised-- I managed to get through a 10 miler with relative ease despite the fact that the gym was stuffy. Weight is remaining constant at around 127, but I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks and I've been working out harder so maybe it's time to get on the scale. Hope everyone is doing well!
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

I dont know what happened our chats they used to be sooo lively I miss that :-(. But I stopped posting in this particular board as well so I guess I am part of the problem. Things are going ok. 1 week weight is up and the next week its back down. The usual. Im signing up for a 12 mile bike ride this saturday and I dont know what to expect. I spin regularly so I ASSUME Im in decent biking shape. But if this is more than a leisurely bike ride then I might be in over my head, lol.

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 12-07-2011 at 10:08 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hey All,
Krampus - congrats on the new guys, it's sounds great so just go with it.
Skinnyelle - I did a 30k (similar distance) charity ride in September and I'd mostly only done spinning and I was totally fine.

Weight has been really slowly droping. However this is the point where I normally get stuck and I have 4 holiday parties, christmas at my family's, and a weekend away with my boyfriend this month so I kinda doubt I lose any more.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #6  

pinkrunner115: The treadmill is a great idea!! Do you think that running on the treadmill and doing Zumba (4 hours a week for zumba) would be too much cardio?

skinnyelle39: How many miles do you usually do in spinning?

LisaTcan: Good luck with the parties!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #7  
Getting serious

Lilies, I think that doing the treadmill and zumba isn't too much, depending on how much you're doing. Maybe light treadmill days on zumba days, and one or two longer runs during the week? It's hard to say, I think it depends on the intensity of everything.

Something I always find funny is how we can be in excellent shape with one sport or activity, and absolutely terrible at something else even though we're in shape. Man, you guys that spin... ouch. I can run 35+ miles a week and be fine, but get me on the bike at the gym and after an hour I feel like my quads are going to fall off of my body! Excellent workout though!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I'm sort of trying to figure out maintenance right now and focus on building some muscle in the meantime. I'm toying around with changing my diet...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go the extreme with something like the Paleo diet. I'm not looking to build a lot of muscle or anything like that—I just want to get more toned. I've been increasing the amount of weight I lift each week and I'm feeling great! And strong!

I guess with trial and error I'll find the right formula.

pinkrunner - I envy you runners! I just don't have the drive to go running, but I really love my spin classes and weight lifting We're all different I guess.

skinnyelle39 - I go spinning A LOT and I found biking so easy as a result. My brother and I went on an 8 mile bike ride without breaking a sweat.

Lisa - good luck with all of the holiday parties!

Krampus - I totally feel you about the job. I had a job like that over the summer and I wound up quitting and not giving my two weeks when I found a better one.

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #9  

I envy you runners too! I used to years ago before I completely destroyed my knee, Ive never gotten the same 'rush' from spinning that I get from running.

I've also been doing hot yoga lately which I'm really enjoying.

Thanks ladies! I have 2 parties this weekend, we'll see how they go!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Wow, what? I ate like 700 calories worth of mini peanut butter cups last night and weighed in at 132 this morning, the lowest I have been recently. What's going on? Maybe the scale's broken.

I sat down and banged out my writing samples to apply for a new job so here's hoping, sent them to work with my dude this morning (he works in that building and is a good connection, it's a big building). Chili and beer party tonight. Probably not going to weigh myself the morning after that one!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

lillies Im really not sure how many miles i do in spinning class. The bike is pretty basic so it doesnt calculate. But thats a really good question

pinkrunner Im jealous of runners as well! I was doing C25K for a while but I never finished the program. And I always had to psyche myself up for a run. Not sure its my "thing" lol. But I have been spinning for years and enjoy every minute of it.

lisa & sontaikle I hope you are right! Goodluck with the parties!

krampus Lucky you! Dont ask questions just go with it girl, lol!

OMG have I been fighting the binge monster & the munchies this week! It ALWAYS gets me right around TOM. I go absolutely ape*#!% with junk food consumption and barely move. I usually pack on a good 5-7 lbs of water weight. Its gross and the SOLE reason I have not been able to reach and/or maintain goal within the past 6 months. Grrrrrrr.

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 12-08-2011 at 04:34 PM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #12  
Getting serious

sontaikle, good for you that you're feeling strong. And BTW, love the user pic. Man, I watched that show growing up all the time...and I still have all of the subtitled DVDs. Yep.... I've never grown up.

Krampus, maybe those PB cups are your weight loss weapon, haha!

Lisa, good luck at the parties. Sure you'll do fine

Skinnyelle, sometimes I get the junk food monster just because... no time of month necessary. Wish that was one thing I could kick!

Stepped on the scale, nothing has changed. Maybe I'm just meant to be at this weight???

Last edited by pinkrunner115; 12-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Yay, a December chat. I've been bad at posting, too. I'll try to do better.

I'm in a weird cycle where I do great eating on the weekends, and horribly during the week, which somehow seems backward.
My weight is steady and if I can keep it there through the holidays, that's probably great, but at SOME point, I'd like to get it heading down again.

A strangely dry December for the NW has allowed me to maintain my exercise, biking to work and running 2-3 times a week, so that's been nice.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #14  

Hey everyone!
Both parties went really well and I was able to fit into an my favorite dress, it's a size 6 and I bought it from a cute boutique a few years ago. A bunch of people told me how great I looked so I guess the 12lbs I've lost is noticable! I also have recently changed my hair so it could be that too. It was a great confidence boast thought
Old 12-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #15  

It's good to hear the parties went great! Hope everyone is doing well!!