Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/-/136

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Motivation help?

I need help with motivation. The thing is, it's winter and, well, it's freezing. Even in my room, I can see my breath while I type and so all I want is to lie in bed and go on my laptop (something I'm doing now) to try and keep warm. I know that if I exercised it'll make me warm but I keep putting it off.
Also, the only place I have is my room, by the time i get back from college it's dark and I don't really feel safe walking around in the dark, so walking/jogging is out. There is a gym local but it's so damn expensive, I really can't afford it.
I would walk to college quite happily, except I live 5 miles away and walking that far straight off every day? Plus it takes an hour and thats an extra hour I could be working in. My room is tiny too, I can't even lie on the floor properly.

So I'm really stuck for motivation. I want to and I keep meaning to but I don't. Help?
Bigkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #2  

Why don't you drive halfway to your college, park somewhere safe, and then walk the rest of the way? Even parking a mile away is better than nothing.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/-/136

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43 View Post
Why don't you drive halfway to your college, park somewhere safe, and then walk the rest of the way? Even parking a mile away is better than nothing.
I don't drive, but I could get off the bus a few stops early and walk
Bigkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #4  

bicycle to class? is that a possibility? or go on a jog with a couple of friends so it's safer.
RHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty View Post
I don't drive, but I could get off the bus a few stops early and walk
That's a good idea. Just make a conscious effort to work more activity into your daily routine (e.g., take the stairs, take opportunities to do more standing and/or walking around, etc.). Weight loss is more about eating right than exercising.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Does your college have a gym? Mine did and students were able to use it for free (actually as a recent alum I think I can still use it for free..)
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote