Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #1  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Runners, what's your 2012 mileage goal?

I've really gotten into running again. I go 4 times a week. I'm currently running 3 miles each time, so 12 miles a week. I am starting Hal Higdon's novice 1 marathon training today which will up my mileage. My ambitious mileage goal for 2012 is 1000 miles. Is that to much? I used to run quite a bit before I had kids. Since they were born (oldest is 6) I haven't really made the time. I am now! I had forgotten how much I loved to run!
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/136/133

Height: 5'-5"

I will hit just over 1,600 miles for 2011. So for 2012, I am thinking about 1,800 miles. I'd love to go over 2,000 miles in a year, but I think that's too ambitious right now.

Pockets, do you have a marathon picked out that you want to run or are you just using the training program to increase your mileage? I wouldn't recommend starting marathon training until you're comfortably running 25-30mpw on a regular basis.
Trail Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #3  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

I want to run in the Wichita, KS marathon in October. I want to do the Novice 1 training: http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/MaraNovice1.html taking the last week off, and then do the Intermediate 1 training. That will take me to mid August. Barring any injuries or whatnot. Then do the last 9 weeks of the Intermediate 1 to get me to race day.

ETA: I'll probably take another week off in August before I start the last 9 weeks of training.

Last edited by pockets; 12-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Oh man, I don't know. I don't really count my miles. I already count calories, counting miles too would be too much! I do have a race goal though, to run a half marathon. I've only done 5Ks and a 10K. So I'm going to run 1 or 2 more 5Ks, another 10K, then a half-marathon. Oh, I also really want to do the Peachtree Road Race (a really big 10K in Atlanta). Entry is by a lottery though, so we'll see if I get to do it. *fingers crossed* Any advice for my half-marathon training? I have a plan and I'm going to start on January 1st (just because I like starting new routines at the beginning of the month).
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

My goal was 1000 this year and I'm almost there! Just 36 miles to go! I'm also training for my first marathon, but am actually using a 3xs a week program so I can fit in more cross training like spinning and yoga and rest some of my overuse injuries. It's from marathon training academy and it's free. For a first marathon I think it's pretty awesome. I'm a little bit in the less is more department when it comes to training. But that's my preference.

For 2012 I want to run 1212 miles. It will be a challenge with running only 3xs a week, but I think I want to do 2 halfs and maybe start training for a 2nd full, that should get me where I need to be.

Good luck and have fun!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote