Old 12-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Simply Filling/Weekly Chat--Dec 12-Dec 18

New thread.............Happy week everyone
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's Monday again already?

My weekend was very busy and flew by. We have to get all our running done as I'm not wild about leaving the guys here alone with the dog while we go out. Had a birthday party and a ton of laundry to do. I can't believe my Great Niece turned 19!

Today is more PT for me and Christmas shopping that I must get done. Still no tree here and I'm starting to wonder if we should bother. I'll see how I feel by the end of the week. We hope the cabinet correction will work and we will be happy with the solution. My eating at the party was not good and must stop.

What did you all do this weekend?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Was too busy to get on the board yesterday. I when to Church and to brunch and the movies[New Years Eve]and than to dinner.

This morning I found out that I'm a diabetic.The A1C was 6.5.along with my cholesterol is off the walls.The doctor told me I don't need insulin shots now but I should work hard on the diet first. I have been doing that for over 21 years,and my sister who eats junk food all the time is a pre diabetic, and much heavier than me Can't understand,why me!!!

PAM for starting the new pages.

VICKIE-Not going to do my Christmas shopping up here if i go to my DD in NY,but if I do I will going shopping down there as I don't want to lug along extra bundles if I don't have to.

Dinner is ready, have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone:

Thanks for the new pages, Pam.

I was so tired that I slept for 11 hours last night! So, I haven't had much time to get into trouble today

I'm making a beef stew, and it's beginning to smell good. No potatoes in it, but will add mushrooms and serve it over wild rice tonight.

I have a party to go to this evening. I'm not much on going to the party, but I've just got to go see the house. It's a dome, built in the 60's!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I'm glad you don't need insulin. Be sure to take care of yourself.

Rhonda, a dome? I've been in one before. The upper story looked down all around at the rooms below. Interesting place.

Pam, thank you for the new pages.

Vickie, I hope your new cabinets work out for you. I wouldn't leave the guys alone with Brodie either. You never know when they could leave a door open or something.

Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with my dear friend. We're going to have a good visit then go to the movies.

My eating is horrendous right now. Life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #6  

Sandra, "horrendous"? That's strong.

The dome was great. The top floor was just barely above ground level and looked down on the other floor. I liked it and appreciate the design although some areas felt cramped to me. That could have been nothing other than the size of it.

My dog has me up too early and I can't get back to sleep.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #7  

Rush,rush is what I have been doing the last few day..
A well guy is coming in a few minutes to see why I don't have water..It has been out a few days but comes on for about 5 minutes a few times a day..
I have been showering at the gym and last night I washed as many dishes as I could in the middle of the night when I heard it come on ( I can hear it in the pipes..) Its done this before for a day only so I kept hoping it would get back to normal..
This week is dedicated to loose ends, shopping, cleaning and decorating..

Maryanne...You have had a hard month with medical..Robin was diabetic and took a pill everyday for it..Will you be doing that..I think it was Metformin Plus ??
I will check. His was very well controlled so I hope yours will be also..

Bath looks great..I need to paint, seal the tiles, get a tub drain that fits, and get the baseboards put on.. In January I am goingt to get granite remnant vanity tops for my 2 baths..Now I am considering the same guy for my 1/2 bath..He drove me crazy but he was cheap and it came out great.. The 1/2 bath should be quick with just a tile floor, pedestal sink & new toilet..

I ordered 2 SouthBeach books (new heart one & a easy/quick recipe book) I realized South Beach is very close to the clinic's diet that I went to. I wonder what the different is between the phase 2 & 3 of south beach & core.. anyway its simple to follow so I am going to give it a shot..

Last edited by nancy237; 12-13-2011 at 09:41 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #8  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Went to Walmart to pick up some Atkins shakes, meals replacement bars and snacks. I found some yogurts for diabetics from Dannon's lite & fit with 3 carbs.So I'm all set for the week until I go down to NY next Wednesday. Hopefully my doctor will give me the cortisone shot this Thursday so the pain will stop.

Talked to my sister about diabetes and she is going to help me with the low carbing and how to follow to get my #'s down.

SANDRA-Thanks,My sister suggest that I have the two hr test ,but I will if I can't get my weight down for the next 3 month blood test. I wish I could walk along the beach I miss that and biking but I can't with my bad hip.If I didn't have the latter I would be exercising like I used to.

NANCY-Thanks for the information about the pills,it would be better than pricking yourself everyday. So far it just my diet, so I will keep low carbing it see if it makes a difference. I have the SB Easy & Quick cookbook I like 30 min cooking, I have several recipes that I use all the time.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I sure am glad to be catching up with y'all! Besides eating like a maniac, I have been having problems with my hip again. I've been going to PT 3 times a week for the last month. My therapist is starting to think I have something going on inside the joint. I was hoping it was only a muscle issue. If it doesn't get better soon, she wants me to go to a hip doc. Meanwhile I'm not able to exercise. In fact, this flare up started when my friend and I started a walking program. I knew exercise was bad for you

Hope you all are having a wonderful evening.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #10  

Sloan, have you tried a good massage therapist? They can sometimes work wonders...especially if they do deep tissue massage. Ask the PT about that....of course, if she (?) doesn't think it's muscle??

Maryann, I suggest that you look at the American Diabetics Association website.There is a great deal of information about diet, exercise, etc.

I got back to sleep and slept until 10AM. That was great.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

More drama wit the bathroom. Don't feel like talking. I'll be back when I can.

Mary Ann, I'm sorry about your diagnosis. Jim has diabetes and is on a pill. He still has to check his blood sugar every morning to determine whether or not he needs to take the pill. Hope all goes easy for you.

Gotta run. The workers are here and it's time for a tough conversation.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #12  

Hi:

For a few months my hands have been hurting, especially the middle finger on each hand. Today I had xrays and the doc took enough blood to feed an entire village of vampires. He says it is arthritis and he'll know more after the blood results come back. There may be gout also.

He gave me a prescription for Meloxicam, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. I'll take it and we'll see. There goes my career as a concert pianist. Oh well. Just as long as I can hold a barbell I'll be OK

Good luck Vickie!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #13  

you are so funny Rhonda. Hope the meds do the trick.

oh, oh, Vickie, that does not sound good.

sloanie and Maryann, sorry about your hips.

We have been walking everyday. It really brings down my husband glucose level. Of course we haven't lost a single pound.

I LOVED South Beach Diet. I keep telling my husband we need to do it. He has found all these diabetic snacks from Gloserna (sp) and thinks he can have those and no problem. Well, I hate to bust his bubble, but they contain a lot of calories. No sugar, but lots of calories. He still has his addiction to all the sugars and carbs, and has done pretty good, but now his new addiction is those stupid bars, drinks, etc for diabetics. I think I'm going to have to get stern with him soon. He is on 3 metformin pills a day.

Sandra, what did you think of Biggest Loser? I thought Antonne had it. He looked the best of the 3 finalists.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I take Meloxicam daily for arthritis. I can definitely tell it helps because when I have to go without it for 3 or more days (back when I was going to have spinal injections), I am in severe pains in both hands. I hope M helps you as much as it does me.

Vickie, I hope all is going better by now.

Sloan, I hope you get relief from your hip pain. The spinal injection took care of mine.

Nancy, I hope you get your well problem solved soon. I didn't realize you'd been without water.

We've had a good day today. My eating's been better but not perfect. Have a good evening, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #15  

Lots done today..
I treated myself to having my house cleaned so I could get more other stuff done..She does an awesome job and cleaned today with no running water, what a good sport..I gave her a heads up but she said "no problem" We had buckets of water from the pool for rinsing things.

Got my 2 South Beach books today & can't wait to read them.

Well guy came today..He thinks pump & tank are working as they should and that our 400 ft well is running dry. We are repairing the electric to our backup well Friday and if that works we can wait and see if the other improves

My brother is coming up for the weekend which is a nice surprise ..

Now that I have cut out a lot of corn,rice,wheat I think I can tell that they affected my stiffness & joints..I have felt so much better but when i eat that stuff I can tell in my joints.. I ate corn tortilla chips last night and my knees hurt right afterwards. My Dr tested for allergies (none) but he said even so people can have wheat/corn sensitivities..
This week I am trying to do South Beach Phase One . Mainly eggs,meat,poultry,seafood,almond milk protein shakes,nuts,low fat cheese, celery with peanut butter or hummus.. I don't know if that is exactly Phase One but its close..

Last edited by nancy237; 12-14-2011 at 08:33 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote