Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default medifast taste?

Can anyone tell me if they like or can tolerate the taste of the non soy medifast shakes and meal replacements? Also,I am thinking of joining a center in my area and was wondering if they have a minimum contract you have to commit too. I will call obviously, just looking to see what others have experienced. Thanks for any info!

Last edited by jeanies; 12-05-2011 at 08:33 AM.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280.4/260.2/215

Height: 6'4"

They are actually pretty good (relatively speaking). Not sure what minimum contract is, but I am in for about 1 yr 9 months. If it gets the weight off and more importantly keeps it off it's money well spent (IMHO)
FatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #3  

Hi,
I have only tried HMR and designer whey shakes and they tasted fine to me.I however, am not a fan of soy based shakes.Keep searching till you find one that you like.
Also I cannot drink anything green-they are gross in my opinion but others like them.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I actually prefer the whey based meals. I drink a LOT of the Hot Cocoa. The Chai is good, the eggs are fine (but very much like Eggbeaters), and I really like the cold drinks (but don't find them filling at all). I love the Dark Chocolate antioxidant shake. The cherry pomegranate shake is good but it gets old fast, so I only have it once a week or so. I am not as fond of the soft serves but they make decent shakes. I do not like the cappuccino.

I have some recipes and suggestions on my tips page on my blog if that helps.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #5  

I think the whey is great if you exercise a lot.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/193/150

Height: 5'9

it tastes pretty good to me. Medifast bases the upfront cost on how much weight you want to lose and how long it will take based on the program. For me the down payment minimum was $400 . it's a lot of money but i dont think you can put a price on your health!
londonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/216/170

Height: 5'5"

When I joined I had to pay half up front about $600 and the other half a month latter. I have found that for me most of the food is gross and I wish I would have joined WW again. I feel like I wasted a lot of money. I have lost 15 in about 6 weeks ... I just wonder could I have saved my money, pushed away from the table and hit the gym harder.... but what can you do. If I could go back for me I would not have joined just because its so $ plus the cost of gross food. I eat the same things everyday because I can bare the taste...but thats no way to live...i worry that one day I will go off the deep end and over eat to much and blow up again....I'm tryin hard real hard to be healthy! Best of luck to you !
NurseJeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

NurseJeni, I had a hard time with a lot of the foods as well when I first started. So, I stuck to the ones I liked, while continuing to try new things, until suddenly, the food tasted good to me. There are still a few that I cannot stomach, but for the most part I am able to eat and mostly enjoy all of them. I hope the taste gets better for you, the program truly does work!!
Buutastic is offline   Reply With Quote