Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

Default **********??

I was wondering if anyone here has actually TRIED ********** (as opposed to being a beachbody coach?). I absolutely love the beachbody videos, but am having trouble justifying spending that much money on them. I really want to try them, but don't want to spend 120$$ on something that doesn't work!!
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Define 'work'. They are an overpriced protein shake. I wouldn't use them myself. Although the taste can sometimes leave much to be desired, I prefer hemp protein. Protein powders really meant for convenience and you can lose weight without them. It depends on your goals on why you'd add them to your diet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

I thought about trying it too, but I decided to go the cheaper route and got GNC Lean Shake 25 ($40?) and have been very satisfied with it so far. I'm using it to keep me honest - meaning break my snacking and at-desk eating.
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #4  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

********** seems overpriced to me... i use whey protein and just blend it with fruits, veggies, some almond or coconut milk..... i dont' think you get anything extra out of ********** that you couldn't get out of a multivitamin....
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #5  

I have tried the ********** in Chocolate and Greenberry and found then UNDRINKABLE. they are too thick, have an unnatural sweet taste and have a horrible grassy aftertaste. They may work if you can actually drink them. I couldn't even with some "recipes" to make them more palatable.
chilichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

I tried the chocolate one and it wasn't bad. I don't think they are worth the money though.
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #7  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I've never tried them I wouldn't pay that much. I just use whey protein. I use it after wrkouts or as a snack to keep me from wanting to snack throughout the day.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/200/200

Height: 6' 2"

I have found the chocolate version of ********** to be very good and tasty. I add a few blueberries and blackberries, sunflower seeds, a splash of coffee and then skim milk. If I want decadent, I add a tablespoon of super crunchy peanut butter! It makes a great meal substitute at about 220 calories (w/o the peanut butter).

It is pricey but very high quality ingredients. BTW, I am not a BeachBody coach or affiliated with them in any way...just like their products!
Wimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

My sister is a TurboFire fanatic. She bought ********** and hated it... She gave it to me, so I'll be trying it soon... I'll definitely report back to here after I try it!!!

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 12-05-2011 at 09:42 AM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #10  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey there. I tried ********** on saturday.
I didn't try it plain however, I mixed it with coffee, milk, and a little bit of liquid Irish Creme coffee creamer. It was delicious!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #11  

Can somebody explain to me what exactly ********** is please?
RHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/161/140

Height: 5'1

I was wondering about ********** also. But I just cant see spending $120 for only a 1 month supply. I wonder if the slimfast shake are the same. Tday I just tried out a new smoothie recipe. It has kale in it (super healthy) mangos, banana, and pear along with some water and ice. Its actually not that bad! I would prefer it to be a little sweeter though so I think next time I'll add a little vanilla extract.
757MISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #13  

Slimfast is the perfect alternative to **********. My wife and I both use from time to time as a meal replacement. I like the chocolate powder and she likes the vanilla pre-mix. And of course, it's much cheaper than **********.

********** does have some additional micronutrients from some exotic fruits and plants that Slimfast doesn't have...adds to the antioxidant and phytochemical benefits but also to the cost.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #14  

Hi all! I'm new here, and just started ********** 3 days ago. I had to jump in when I read the comparisons to Slimfast. Slimfast is *not* a good alternative to **********, or food for that matter! Slimfast is full of sugar- 34 grams (more than a Hershey bar), and only 10 grams of protein. It's sweetened with Aspartame and something called Acesulfame Potassium(???), and flavored with 'artificial flavors'. Not to mention a lot of other additives...not good for you.

For a cheaper alternative you would be better off with a smoothie made of plain yogurt with fruit, flax seeds, and flavors of your own choosing! At least then you would know what was in it!

I don't know if ********** will live up to the hype, but it is very filling and I have used it to replace dinner. I lost 40 lbs this past year with P90X and counting calories on Sparkpeople (free!), and just have that last 25 lbs to go!! I hit a plateau and have been stuck for a couple of months, so thought this would jump-start things again...we'll see!!
Good luck everyone!
piegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #15  

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from re: Slimfast vs. **********.

Reading the nutrition facts for a Slimfast Cappuccino Shake (premixed with skim milk), it shows sugar at 18 grams, protein at 10 grams and total calories at 190.

Looking at the official nutrition label for **********, likewise mixed with skim milk for a fair comparison, show sugar at 21 grams, protein at 26 grams and total calories at 230.

Another comparison is cost:
Slimfast at about $2.50 per serving vs. ********** at about $4.00 per serving