Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #271 Bale of Turtles Heading for the Goal!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keeping on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryhardr
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, everyone

Judy - thanks for starting a new thread.

Taylor - glad you like the Zumba, I find it a really good workout & was surprised how much it made us all sweat. Our class was 55 min & you really felt like you did lots by the end. My final class of the 12 week course is tomorrow then I think I will give it a rest and not join anything other than walking centre til the new year.

Judy - hope your leg is better. You are doing great and I know you will make goal next year.

Princess - glad you are back working, even though it is busy.

All - hope everyone is getting organized for the holidays and doing their best with all the challenges it brings.

My tree is up which makes me feel good. Company dinner tonight which is a few hours of eating & drinking. Plan is to stay away from the bread & limit
cocktails. But it is fancy food & lots of it.

Have a great Tuesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone just dropping in. I have been running around trying to get everything straightened out for classes in January. My eathing has been horrible. Let just say I have learned not to eat too much chocolate. I am just trying to get back into the swing of actually tracking and paying attention to what I am eating.

Taylor I loved Zumba I am seriously considering getting my gym membership back for that class.

Thats it hopes everyone has a good day. Off to cook something before I go to work tonight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, hope you enjoyed your company party.

Life4vr, I'm so happy for you that you'll be back in school for the new semester. Good for you.

I've had a pretty decent day. that always makes me feel good. Having a lunch for a small group of my WW buddies tomorrow. I'll have to watch the portions because everyone brings something. They turned it into a potluck which is fine with me. I shouldn't be such a control freak. But everything is good, so I'll calculate points plus and do my best. I'd like to lose a bit this week, but there are plenty of challenges. On Sunday we (dh, dear daughters, dear sons in law, and one dear grandchild) are all going to an inn that is know for its Christmas decorations. We'll have dinner. There should be carolers---I hope so. I'll have to plan it out before I go.

Everyone have a great Wednesday. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All

Bandit We have 2 of those company parties next week! I have a hard time with the bread basket! Looks like snow for Friday!!

Taylor Yes we are counting the days! So many things to do before and I work right up until the afternoon we leave!!! Freaking out!!!

Life I am sooo glad you are going back to school you can do it!! You will do it!

Princess hope work is going well, and you are getting into a routine, hard with the holidays coming!! You will do it.

Judy Have a nice WW lunch an fun with your family Sunday!

Loose Seal you got me thinking about those frosted flakes haven't eaten them in years!!! But they are sounding appetizing right now!!

Cherry hope you are keepin at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  

Morning, turtles

Party last night was good, lots of food but overall I think I did pretty good with my choices but the steak would have been lots of calories, but was very good. So nice evening out. 2 more official dinners next week and just regular get togethers after that.

Judy - have fun at your potluck, are you making your veggie pie? You know, that is still one of my favorite things. Never fails - always great.
I have to come up with something for next week & I am leaning towards
light cream cheese covered with red pepper jelly with crackers on the side.
Since I have to bring what I take with me for the day, I thought this would be easy & everyone loves this. So simple & lots pretty for a party.

Biggest Loser last night was good, caught the end of it when I got home.
I find it inspiring to see how far they have come, from barely being able to walk a mile to completing a marathon. So finale next week & our challenge will be over. So good luck everyone.

Terri - I heard about the snow for Friday as well. I am going to Tor on Friday,
doing some shopping, getting my hair done & dinner later. Staying overnight and my dd & I are going to the Lowes Christmas market, which looks really good. So busy weekend, but fun.

Taylor - how you feeling from zumba? Since you are so active you are probably fine. For me, I always feel it in my legs & butt

All - hope you are enjoying all your outtings, shopping and planning for the holidays.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #7  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Is Zumba a dance exercise? I've heard of it but really have no clue what it is.

Terri . . don't do it. One Frosted Flake will lead to one thousand and one. Those sugar-shellacked flakes of corn are like drugs! Cereal out of the box is a HUGE temptation for me. I normally don't buy the FF or the Cinnamon Toast Crunch (oh how I love those) or the Fruit Loops and I steer clear of the Cap'n Crunch but . . . they were on a great sale, I had coupons making the sale even greater and I bought them before getting back on the wagon. We've got a box and a half sitting in the pantry (big boxes too). Gulp, I hope I forget they're there and that somebody else eats them . . . soon!

Just stopping in seeing how everyone is doing. Christmas is literally right around the corner . . I'm really not ready. We'll put the tree up this Sat. If it's up too early I get tired of it. Going Christmas shopping with the hubs tomorrow, hopefully we'll get close to being done. Right now it's a dreary, rainy day and all I want to do is take a nap.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had a nice WI today. I'm over 50# down again and I'm very happy about that. These last couple of months I've been yo-yoing, but that's still better than going up. Lost 1.2# at WW's WI. Had lunch with my friends. We had a great time. It was potluck since that's what they like to do. Fennel, orange, sliced onion salad. I made a tossed greens salad. Stuffed peppers (no rice), stuffed zucchini, I made unstuffed cabbage. Someone brought grilled vegetables (delish). We topped it off with coffee, tea, homemade tiny scones and chocolate covered Oreos (I didn't have those-----figured why in the world would I try something else that I might adore and crave?)
pineapple rings in jell-o and fresh fruit. Really delish, but the best part was all the laughing and chatting. These gals are great. We were at the mtg. together, then spent 4 hours at the lunch at my house and could have kept on going.

Hope you're all doing great. I'm starting to get some ideas for my dd an d grandson and that helps with the Christmas shopping.

Loose Seal, I can't answer about Zumba-----I thought it was a type of Latin dance aerobics, but I'm sure the gals can give you a better answer.

Bandit, I love the idea of red pepper jelly over a block of cream cheese and crackers. Yum. Also thanks for letting us know that The Biggest Loser Challenge is over next week. I've got a million (well, 4) challenges this week, but if I keep the other days really strict and choose well each of the challenge days, I should be able to knock off another pound.

Good luck to us all. I think we're dynamic non-whining winners.
Judy
234.6/183.8/179 and thinner
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

good evening everyone...

Itryharder - awesome on the overall loss of 50 ( happy dance for you ) and also on the 1.2 weekly loss... YOU GO GIRL.. that's fantastic.. mmm your party menu sounds delish .. the grilled veggies would of been wonderful I bet..

loose seal - zumba is latin aerobic dancing workout.. they say that you can burn up to 800 calories in the hour that it's given.. I believe it because you're shaking what your Momma gave you all the time.. Our instructor said if the music hits you just to go with it and turn it loose.. let's just say I did hahaha..

Banditt - mmm steak.. that is always one meat that I find I crave once a month.. now you got me thinking about it LOL.. I hope you have good driving weather on Friday as I did hear our temps will drop and snow come in.. my dh is hoping as that will get him into the last field.. I loved Zumba and so far the only place I am feeling a slight tightening is behind my back where my ribcage is.. more from the arm work associated with the dance moves then anything.. the rest is good so I'm thankful about that.. the session I am signed up for takes me just a few weeks from my surgery so I thought perfect time to do it..

Terri - omg working right up to the afternoon you leave.. no wonder you're freaking out, I would be too BUT you will so appreciate that vacation that much more.. Have fun with your company parties.. I'm a bread lover too so good luck!!

life4evr - what classes you taking in January.. good for you and I'm happy your getting it all arranged.. I'm curious to know do you have to have the gym membership to do the class.. with what I'm taking it was offered to the public ( members first choice) and therefore I avoided the membership fee.. I am new to Zumba but really liked it.. I read so much on here from the other ladies I just bit the bullet to try it.. HOOKED!!! lol.. once everything settles down I bet you will get back on track with everything. this is such a difficult time of the year with so many things going on!!

Princess - how was work today.. are you getting the layout of the land so to speak.. I hope you ended up in a friendly atmosphere because that makes so much of a difference in our mood to go to work..

well today was a day of lists and to do's.. I think I wanted to keep busy as it was also the 5 year anniversary of the loss of my Aunt from cancer.. tried to just not end up in a crying mess because I am so mad at this disease... anyway I baked cookies for the male empty pits in my home and found 3 working their way to me - they were calling my name and I answered LOL... so water water water LOL.. but I'm okay - which is so much better then beating myself up for it like I used to..I didn't emotionally eat them because I was upset - I ate them because they looked so darn good and I thought why not, as long as I track them and hold myself accountable go for it.. so making steps in the right direction mentally there..

have a great evening ladies..
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday. Im sorry I have not been online very much this week, things are super crazy at work... I mean really crazy! Ugh, woke up with a huge headache today and really looking forward to the weekend to maybe get rid of some of the stress that I seem to be carrying by the ton this week.

I am out of touch here and will try and get caught up later on tonight.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #11  
Chick

Taylor, thanks for doing such a great job responding to everyone. Do you mind if I say "ditto"? You hit all the points I wanted to and I 've got a desk full of paperwork that is calling my name.

Princess, everyone understands too crazy and busy----you're in a brand new job at the busiest time of the year. Try and take care of yourself a bit and we'll all breathe a little easier in the new year.

For me, WW lunch so fun. Today am working on getting Christmas menu firmed up. Grocery shopping, oh so much stuff I won't bore you. I checked out the new WW program and it looks about the same to me. They dropped points plus amounts for the day and a few foods have changed in the pp values. Aside from that, it's still the same solid program it's been for awhile.

Gotta run. have a great OP day.
Hey Taylor, I love your attitude about the cookies. Very wise. Counting them in works, so why not? Especially if you're doing Zumba!

Hi to all!!!!!
Judy
234.6/183.8/179 and thinner
Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #12  

Hi turtles:

Judy - super duper job on your weight loss - 50# is such a milestone.
Good for you!!! Reaching your goal has kept you focussed along the way and you are such an inspiration to all of us.

Loose Seal - yes, zumba is latin type dance moves (cha cha, meringae) in
small combinations and you don't stop moving for entire class (mine was 55 min) and follow along with the iinstuctor.

Taylor - I am taking Go train into Tor and then either walk or subway while up there - driving downtown Tor is too crazy for me. Glad you are liking zumba - so much fun and yes, am sure you burn tons of calories. Good job keeping the cookie count under control.

Princess - nice to see you popping in when you can. A new job at this time of year would be extra stressful for sure, no wonder you have a headache -
which I hope you no longer have. Do what you can, when you can and look after yourself as well.

Thought for today: Do your best, forget the rest.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #13  

Taylors I am transferring to the Practical Nursing program from the ADN program. I am sure they offer a pass that you can pay for a certain number of classes. I am not sure. I am will be elgible for a student membership again in January, so dependig on my finances I may bite the bullet again with that. Sorry about your Aunt I have lost several relatives to cancer so I understand your pain.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I got a wake up call when I went to the doctor by blood pressure has never been high but it was high yesterday. Then again I have had a heavy cycle this month so I know that didn't help.

Everyone have a goodnight.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #14  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Ah, so Zumba may not be the best choice for those who have not been blessed with the 'dance rhythm' gene. I bought Michael Jackson: The Experience (for Wii) for one of my kids as a Christmas present. Maybe I"ll try to see if I can not trip over my two left feet w/that before giving Zumba a try.

Went Christmas shopping w/the hubs yesterday . . . at the mall. Ugh. While not crowded the mall is huge and we walked a ton, which is good but it was 'mall walking' pace, slow and browsy, which I hate, hate, hate. It makes my lower back hurt. Then had to run out to the grocery store last night to pick up stuff I forgot to get Wed (aside from needing it, it was also on sale so had to get it b/4 the sale was over) and Target - had a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spent $50 - two more Christmas presents purchased! And I'm spending that gift card on ME! heh

The past few days I've been doing great w/eating -- not being home and running around helps -- but today I'm home. Haven't done anything yet, not even out of my p.j.'s yet. Guess I should get moving . . . .

Glad to see everyone is staying on track as much as possible during the busiest/most hectic time of year. Sometimes it just feels like a mad rush to 'get it all done'. Know what my favorite day of the year is? The day after Christmas! lol Have a great weekend all!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #15  

Loose seal, I have not exactly been blessed with a dance rhythm gene, but the class was still pretty fun when i took it.

Morning everyone off to run more errands for school and stuff. I only gained 0.9 lbs which is major for me considering i have been eating anything and everything and not exercising. I am retaining water so I know that has something to do with it. I just find that interesting cause usually when I fall off the wagon I gain why more than that.

I actually ate breakfast this morning yay whcih i have been skipping or having fast food. Will try to check in later. Going to try a new recipe tonight. everyone have a good day.

Please excuse the typos if I have any. I am typing without contacts or glasses lol whcih means I am half blind. Anyone everyone have a good da.