Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5''

Talking losing it- once and for all, who's with me?

Running… you either love it or you hate it. It can be the most freeing, self-fulfilling feeling in the world or it can be the most monotonous job in the world. You’re constantly trying to “beat” yourself and get yourself out…

About six months ago I was regularly running/jogging 4-5 times a week. I wasn’t my ideal weight, I wasn’t reaching my ideal times and I wasn’t training for anything in particular. However, I was toned, I was in shape, and I was steadily jogging three miles.

Then… stopped jogging, I started going out a little more regularly ( I was out of school for a little bit before beginning my Master’s), and waking up extra early to get a run in before it became unbearably hot out (I live in south Florida), was no longer an option.

Now…I’m ready to make a change once and for all, hence my username.
I have Googled, I have searched, I have endlessly YouTubed for something to give me support, someone’s journey to follow and I have yet to find it. Never really was the type of person to blog, join discussion boards and actually contribute, but always the person to read and take bits of advice from complete strangers. HAHA. But lacking finding anything/anyone to consistently follow led me nowhere, expect here in hopes I will begin to share my journey (hopefully with people in relatable situations) and I can get and share advice, triumphs, ups and downs, this way.

That being said… I guess I should share a little about me.

I’m a 24 year old girl who lives in sunny South Florida. As mentioned above, it’s hot as **** down here and hard to run most times of the year, unless it’s before the sun has raised and humidity hit 98%. I work and take classes at night, so jogging after sundown is not usually an option, although it is most ideal.

I’m not here to say I am so overweight and don’t know what to do with myself. Yes, I am the biggest and most out of shape I’ve ever been, but overall I am pretty healthy. I’m 5 foot and about 129lbs. At my most ideal time I was around 120. I’d like to be around 115, actually, to be honest, I don’t care what the number says, I know what I’d like to look like.

I’m also not here to say that I want to lose weight and I don’t know how. Like most people, especially people who want to lose weight, I DO know how to lose weight. Cut the junk food, no fried food, eat more RAW foods, exercise, get sleep, stay positive, set realistic goals… we all know what we NEED to do. Actually DOING it is the hard part.

That is why I am here. We all know what we should be doing, losing weight isn’t a mystery. Just life is difficult, I’m sure most of us can agree there are not enough hours in the day to do what we want. For whatever the reason, people, including myself, want to do something, but just don’t.
I am ready to actually do it…starting TODAY.

I hope someone is reading this and is ready to take this journey with me.
To be honest, I haven’t even read any of the other forums yet…except the one about hula hoops…which I am convinced I need one now… I wanted to start fresh.

So like my username, I’m ready to make this permanent lifestyle change ONCE AND FOR ALL. Putting my information out here makes me feel liable and I don’t want to be embarrassed and get on here and say how I haven’t done anything in a week and I feel off…soooo here I go.
Last night, I stayed up until 5:30am. My boyfriend is in the Army and he stationed somewhere where there is a 5 hour difference and we were talking on the phone until pretty late.
I woke up around 11:00 am…not by choice either, but because my friend called me and woke me up. After laying in bed until 1:30 I figured it was probably time I get my *** in gear.

Reading the above sentence makes me feel like I am depressed, I’m not though, I just literally had no reason to get out of bed and start my day and a reasonable hour.

I crawled out of bed and went for a jog. I didn’t eat breakfast, I ate two teaspoons of peanut butter and a bottle of water before. I jogged for a little over a mile and a half and averaged 12.30 minute miles… wow that’s slow for me. But hey, it’s reality.

When I got home I felt light headed, I’m sure it’s a combination of lack of sleep and lack of nutrition. Did I mention I didn’t have a nutritious dinner last night either… a margarita and a crunchy sushi roll with a deep friend appetizer. Again, I know what I need to do to get where I want to be and obviously I haven’t been doing it.

Another reason I need to get my *** in gear, in February I have THREE runs. Two 5ks here in Florida for a charity I work for and one 8 miler in St. Thomas. As I said TIME TO GET MY *** IN GEAR.

Well as I typed this I just ate a lean cuisine, again, probably a meal that is full of sodium, dairy, and preservatives wasn’t my best option. I probably should have made a healthy salad, but I didn’t.

I’m really going to try and make a better choice for dinner- although I work in a restaurant, with A LOT of fried food.

One last tidbit, my boyfriend deploys for a year starting in January…I’d really love to have the most amazing body when he comes back-that would be awesome.

Time for change, ONCE AND FOR ALL. Who’s with me?

Last edited by doingitonceandforall; 12-08-2011 at 03:42 PM.
doingitonceandforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

Go for it!
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I'd also like to say "go for it"!

In addition, I know from personal experience that jogging in the direct sun is super hard and literally drains your energy for the entire day.

If I were you I'd try to tweak the jogging plan - early mornings or late in the evening (I've even went jogging in the city at 10pm). Jogging in the sun is, seriously, too hard.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #4  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unna View Post
In addition, I know from personal experience that jogging in the direct sun is super hard and literally drains your energy for the entire day.

If I were you I'd try to tweak the jogging plan - early mornings or late in the evening (I've even went jogging in the city at 10pm). Jogging in the sun is, seriously, too hard.
Agreed! The last time I jogged in direct sun, about 2-3 years ago, I told my DH (who was right next to me) that I was dying--and I thought I would for sure--and we live in MN!

OP, welcome! You said it yourself. You know what to do, now it's up to you to just do it!

Last edited by losermom; 12-12-2011 at 07:41 AM.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote