Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/181/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Trouble with Paleo?

Hi all,
I started Paleo last Monday. But this couple of weeks I noticed that I have been making more mistakes at work...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
eilyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I did paleo for awhile, and it is not hard. What's hard is feeling "different" from the crowd you are in or feeling like you "miss out" on something you want. Don't expect perfect, but expect an A (90% correct). I don't mean to plan to stray, but if you do for a few bites, don't beat yourself up. Grok didn't have the temptations of donuts, snicker bars and big macs, and you always will.

One of my mottos is to only stray from my plan when it's worth it. I don't stray for things I think are "OK," I hold out for things I LOVE. Corn on the cob only in season, cheesecake only if it's the real NY style, good stuff, etc. Become a food SNOB of sorts.

Good luck!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 AM   #3  
Shrinking Southern belle

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'3

I lost my first 25 lbs really quick and now the scale is barely budging even though I was eating super clean and working out 1.5 - 2 hours a day.
So....my trainer wants me to do Paleo for 30 days and see what happens.

What have been your experiences so far? How long until you felt normal and energetic and everything? Do you have a ton of cravings? and any other info you'd like to share.

Thanks
tommienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I've had only positive experiences with Paleo. Brain feeling sharper and clearer, much less cravings for sugar/fats/carbs, less bloating. I do eat a lot of veggies, no more than one fruit a day, and make sure to drink bone soups for added calcium. I haven't taken any vitamins in weeks and I feel very good!

Due to holiday eating (and drinking), I've fallen off the wagon and have noticed a lot of bloating when I do that. It takes me about three days to get the excess water weight off and then I'm back on track. Weight loss is still quite slow for me, because frankly, it's not what I'm eating that leads me to lose weight, but how much. Eating Paleo, for me, is feeling good beyond just getting thinner.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The stress of any behavior change can cause distraction issues - as can caffeine and sugar withdrawal. At this point, I would guess that once you get used to the WOE (way of eating) you'll actually notice more mental clarity.

I certainly have (though my situation is somewhat unique, and most folks won't notice as drastic an improvement).

"Brain fog" (confusion, distractability, memory problems, difficulty making decisions) and severe fatigue are the most debilitating of my fibromyalgia symptoms. Even the pain is more manageable than the mental clarity problems, and I'm finding that the paleo diet has helped tremendously (specifically eliminating wheat and concentrated sources of sugar).

I use a reduced-carb exchange plan for portion control (because I can overeat anything), but I am trying to use paleo principles to satisfy those exchanges (and still experimenting with different distributions of the exchanges. I've recently decided to reduce starch and fruit exchanges even further).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote