Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #1  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Exercise at home with no equipment?

So I'm homebound all day every day an I'm trying to get a work out. I have a 4 month old baby so walking around the block is out of the question right now due to the extremely cold weather. What are good work outs I could do here at home with no work out equipment? Any suggestions?
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #2  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

I am terrified of going to the gym, and it's 10 degrees here, so I do all my workouts at home. My favorite workouts are the arms.

I like using dumbbells for arms (starting with 8 lbs); however, I found this video online, that sounds pretty easy, and no equipment is necessary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhiHbBWTuqo

for abs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqDLCvgxFY4

Also, afterwards, play a song that really makes you want to dance around, and play it three times, while dancing like you're a professional That should get your heart going. Don't forget to stretch, and warm up.

The same girl from the arms video has a good example of jumping around and getting your blood flowing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UQCllwxGA&NR=1

I LOVE GOOGLE SEARCHES
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #3  
Hang on little root!!

Oh ya, good luck, and make sure to use a mirror so you can check to see if you're doing the moves correctly!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

You may want to consider a proper sling (ie. ergo carrier) if you want to go out & about, I'm in Canada and still spent a good 1-2 hours outside daily with my son (he was 4-6 months last winter), all nice n snug.

Have you considered an exercise video? Insanity can be done without equipment and P90X can be too although some bands would be very useful.

I also did this for fun when baby wouldn't sleep
www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jenlee6.htm
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #5  
Miss Motivated

Default :)

Awesome, I will surely check that out, and maybe I will invest in a sling! Thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #6  
Miss Motivated

Default :)

Awesome, I will surely check that out, and maybe I will invest in a sling! Thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #7  
Hang on little root!!

I tried this video out today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nedE...eature=related

It reminds me of Winsor Pilates a little bit, especially the pain.

Oh, and the woman in the video may look like a bimbo, but she's got a pretty good workout. I've only finished two sets. I'm working up the strength to do the third (I'm not in good shape as you may have guessed).
Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I like the idea of Jillian Michael's dvd "boost metabolism" because there are no weights used. I don't know if you're interested in that idea, but the idea is using your own weight to get your heart rate up. For example, jump squats, scissor kicks, running man, jumping jacks and "jump rope". I really love the idea of it. Even if you don't buy the dvd, just jumping up and down or things like that really help. I hope that helps!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Jillian Michaels - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism doesn't use any weights AT ALL!! Hope that helps. Otherwise, maybe invest in some 3 or 5 lb dumb bells as that will open up a BUNCH of other videos - when I didn't have them, I used heavy cans - maybe try that for a bit first.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote