Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Got myself an ab roller any help with a workout?

I have lost 1.4lbs and have been doing toaning exercises on my arms and legs but not my tummy. Im wanting to start nipping my waist in with some ab exercises as want to have a "smaller tummy" for when i get married in 17months time.

i have just bought a 2nd hand ab roller what you do crunches with on the floor , im planning on doing crunches , side obliques and leg raises.

What quantity should i be aming to start with and raise to? anyhelp ,much appreciated
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #2  
Amazing will be me

Can no1 help???
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  
Cardio / Calorie Counting

S/C/G: 172/164.7/122

Height: 5'2"

Hello. I'm no expert, but I started with doing 25 crunches, 25 with my legs to the right, 25 with my legs to the left, and 25 with my head still, legs bent and lifting my knees up to the bar and down again for my lower abs - a major problem for me. I love my ab roller! Just $20 new and the only way I was ever going to be able to do sit ups because I really need that head/neck support.
GoldfrostDazzlefluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #4  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfrostDazzlefluff View Post
Hello. I'm no expert, but I started with doing 25 crunches, 25 with my legs to the right, 25 with my legs to the left, and 25 with my head still, legs bent and lifting my knees up to the bar and down again for my lower abs - a major problem for me. I love my ab roller! Just $20 new and the only way I was ever going to be able to do sit ups because I really need that head/neck support.
Thank you, yeah i need the head neck support, i did my first lot yest same as you was hard i did 50 reps tho, but 25 leg raise thats hard . And i bought mine 2nd hand for £3 hehe so its been a bargin hope i see some results x
Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Hi there it's a buzy time of year sorry you didn't get a quicker answer...

But here I am with my 2 cents

Firstly congrats on your weightloss so far

As you probably know you cannot spot reduce you need to lose fat all over before your abs, arms or whatever muscle lying underneath can show through... Having said this, by no means does this mean that you cannot start working out your abs, so that when the time comes you will have a flatter leaner mid-section... You can work your abs daily just do as many reps as you can take a break, do this 3 to 4 times....

To lose the all around fat you need to do plenty of cardio, daily 30 minute sessions where you work up a good sweat is a good place to start... If you cannot do 30 mins, do 20 or less or do 2 sessions of 15 mins., every bit counts... You can walk, swim, bike, do stairs, skip rope, anything that get your hear rate up and gets you sweating...

There is also a saying : «Abs are made in the kitchen» this means that your food plan needs to be squeaky clean in order for the fat and weight loss to be consistent. We cannot out exercise a bad eating plan..

Hope this helps, if you have more questions don't be shy
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #6  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Hi there it's a buzy time of year sorry you didn't get a quicker answer...

But here I am with my 2 cents

Firstly congrats on your weightloss so far

As you probably know you cannot spot reduce you need to lose fat all over before your abs, arms or whatever muscle lying underneath can show through... Having said this, by no means does this mean that you cannot start working out your abs, so that when the time comes you will have a flatter leaner mid-section... You can work your abs daily just do as many reps as you can take a break, do this 3 to 4 times....

To lose the all around fat you need to do plenty of cardio, daily 30 minute sessions where you work up a good sweat is a good place to start... If you cannot do 30 mins, do 20 or less or do 2 sessions of 15 mins., every bit counts... You can walk, swim, bike, do stairs, skip rope, anything that get your hear rate up and gets you sweating...

There is also a saying : «Abs are made in the kitchen» this means that your food plan needs to be squeaky clean in order for the fat and weight loss to be consistent. We cannot out exercise a bad eating plan..

Hope this helps, if you have more questions don't be shy
Fab thanks so much, yeah deff understand it wont shift the fat and must keep to my eating plan, (im doing weightwatchers) but if i start now when the weight shifts ill be in better shape gona try my best to keep it up
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #7  
Cardio / Calorie Counting

S/C/G: 172/164.7/122

Height: 5'2"

Also wanted to add, from what I gathered in my reading, the technique is more important that the repetitions: going slowly and deliberately with the small of your back pressed to the floor. It may eliminate the need to do massive numbers of sit ups -- at least that's what I'm hoping.
GoldfrostDazzlefluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I agree that cardio will help! When I lost weight the first time, I lost first on my stomach. I was doing total body strength training and cardio every day.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #9  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Ditto goldfrost!

I just searched for abroller videos on google. I got a ton of results. Unfortunately, I can't post the website since I'm a newbie

Keep in mind that working out your abs won't make your tummy smaller, BUT eating right will. You will have toned abs for when you are thinner, and by strengthening your core, you will be able to do other exercises such as running or step class with greater ease.

Do your ab exercises until you are fatigued and can no longer move(max out). If you did 25, rest for a few seconds, write that down.
Move onto your next exercise, max out, write it down
Move onto your next exercise, etc...

(Do 3-4 different ab workouts: maxed out:: and repeat each exercise 3 times)
SOO, 3 sets of each ab exercise MAXED OUT...

Once your abs have healed, you SHOULD be able to do more reps (30-35) of each exercise or "movement."
If you can't do more, it's OKAY... just wait for it... you will be able to in time.

GOOD LUCK FANCY LADY, AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS THUS FAR
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #10  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanbean View Post
Ditto goldfrost!

I just searched for abroller videos on google. I got a ton of results. Unfortunately, I can't post the website since I'm a newbie

Keep in mind that working out your abs won't make your tummy smaller, BUT eating right will. You will have toned abs for when you are thinner, and by strengthening your core, you will be able to do other exercises such as running or step class with greater ease.

Do your ab exercises until you are fatigued and can no longer move(max out). If you did 25, rest for a few seconds, write that down.
Move onto your next exercise, max out, write it down
Move onto your next exercise, etc...

(Do 3-4 different ab workouts: maxed out:: and repeat each exercise 3 times)
SOO, 3 sets of each ab exercise MAXED OUT...

Once your abs have healed, you SHOULD be able to do more reps (30-35) of each exercise or "movement."
If you can't do more, it's OKAY... just wait for it... you will be able to in time.

GOOD LUCK FANCY LADY, AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS THUS FAR
Great advice , Thanks hun xxxx