Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 12/5/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

I hope everyone had a great IP weekend. I'm looking forward to getting back on a routine and schedule with IP and getting the energy back that I had when I was on it. I was up at 6am every morning no problem, and this morning my daughter had to drag me out of bed at 7, and I still haven't accomplished anything but getting us all fed.

Even this morning when DH came in to bring me my pill before he left for work I was really confused as to what day it was. I guess I was in a deep deep sleep because I couldn't figure out why he was going to work.

GL to everyone!! Have a great IP day!!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/120

Wink

Yesterday as many of you know definitely was a tough day in fighting the hunger battle of IP but I SURVIVED!! Today is a new day and I'm feeling great! I woke up and make it to yoglates at 5:45am which I haven't done in a little while and I can't wait for my first WI on Wednesday

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday && continues to achieve amazing results even with all the holiday temptations lurking around!!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello all!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and congrats to all the weekend losses and good luck to everyone going today.

We had a busy weekend here - shopping, bowling, bowling, and of course football! Way to geaux tigers we are going to the national championship and gonna beat bama again!!

I actually broke down and went shopping for some new pants cause most of mine were beginning to fall off. I mostly wear jeans and t's because I dont have to dress up (stay at home mom and personal baker) so I found some jeans at vf outlet for $6.00!!!! I love when I find a good find especially since I hope to not be wearing them very long !!

Hope everyone has on OP day!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/136.5/130

Height: 5'4

I am having such a hard time because my success is so slow. Frustrating. I have heard many people lose 25 lbs in a month. I have lost 27.2 in 3 months. I believe I am sticking to the plan, go to my appts., and only struggled at thanksgiving for which I still lost one pound. Any suggestions or are my expectations too high?

I am so proud of all that I see are sticking with it!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl521 View Post
Yesterday as many of you know definitely was a tough day in fighting the hunger battle of IP but I SURVIVED!! Today is a new day and I'm feeling great! I woke up and make it to yoglates at 5:45am which I haven't done in a little while and I can't wait for my first WI on Wednesday

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday && continues to achieve amazing results even with all the holiday temptations lurking around!!
Good luck on your first WI and If your still hunger you should give hot tea a try - once you drink it for a little while you learn to love it!! when I started I would buy the snack em dill pickles and if I felt the need to eat I would eat one and that helped alot. its usually just in your head so like everyone else is saying find something to entertain you until it passes!!! Have a great day
Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsh View Post
I am having such a hard time because my success is so slow. Frustrating. I have heard many people lose 25 lbs in a month. I have lost 27.2 in 3 months. I believe I am sticking to the plan, go to my appts., and only struggled at thanksgiving for which I still lost one pound. Any suggestions or are my expectations too high?

I have been on the diet since June and have never lost 27 lbs in a month. I think those amounts are not average. I have averaged about 10 lbs per month which you are very close to as well. I think the more you need to lose, you have bigger losses at the beginning. I think alot of people tend to slow down as they get closer to their goal. I think you are doing great! Just keep committed and it will happen. Believe me, it is hard not to get impatient, but you keep losing and that is what is important.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Quote:

I think it would depend on how much you have to lose in the first place. Twenty-five lbs in a month is a huge amount of weight to lose.

I've been losing about 10 lbs a month (slowing as I get closer to goal) and consider that a minor miracle.

Keep at it -- and congrats on losing weight over Thanksgiving. Not easy.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
Hello all!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and congrats to all the weekend losses and good luck to everyone going today.

We had a busy weekend here - shopping, bowling, bowling, and of course football! Way to geaux tigers we are going to the national championship and gonna beat bama again!!

I actually broke down and went shopping for some new pants cause most of mine were beginning to fall off. I mostly wear jeans and t's because I dont have to dress up (stay at home mom and personal baker) so I found some jeans at vf outlet for $6.00!!!! I love when I find a good find especially since I hope to not be wearing them very long !!

Hope everyone has on OP day!!!!!
Finding good clothes on sale is almost as good as losing weight. Good work on both!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #10  

Morning all. Long day/week ahead. Went to a work event last night and saw a mix of folks, some of whom I haven't seen in years and some I haven't seen in months.

The folks I haven't seen in years never saw me in my enlarged version, so I looked just the same (only a little older), while the folks I haven't seen in months couldn't get over how thin I look.

Such a funny juxtaposition of experiences all in the same room. I also saw my friend who told me about IP and she's going back on Phase 1 in January to take of another 10 lbs, so we're going to be IP buddies during our very busy work time. It'll make taking of this last bit toward goal easier.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I hope everyone had a great IP weekend. I'm looking forward to getting back on a routine and schedule with IP and getting the energy back that I had when I was on it. I was up at 6am every morning no problem, and this morning my daughter had to drag me out of bed at 7, and I still haven't accomplished anything but getting us all fed.

Even this morning when DH came in to bring me my pill before he left for work I was really confused as to what day it was. I guess I was in a deep deep sleep because I couldn't figure out why he was going to work.

GL to everyone!! Have a great IP day!!
The energy is one of my favorite things about IP. I use to say all the time before starting IP, "I'm tired of feeling tired." I never feel tired anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl521 View Post

Very happy to hear that you survived yesterday and that today is a new day. Sounds like you made it into ketosis.

Quote:

If you have a lot to loose I guess some have lost 25 pounds in a month perhaps the first month, but after that - well that would be an awful lot to loose and really I doubt that would be all fat without muscle mass too. I have a lot more to loose than you and I never really loose more than about 10 to 12 pounds per month now. As you know the closer you get to goal the slower it can get. My daughter needed to loose about 30 pounds when she started this diet about 9 weeks ago. In that 9 weeks she has lost about 18 pounds which of course averages out to a little less than 10 pounds per month. Now that she is getting closer it's going really slow, but even as she says, "I don't care if it's 1 pound per week, as long as I'm getting there."
Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Hang in there Bellamack was losing less than 10lbs a month, she finally did it. She hung in there, It was rough for her but she did it. Never compare yourself to anyone on here cuz we all lose different. And everyone is correct the more weight we have to lose the faster it comes off then the closer we get to goal it slows down. Even though you are losing slow isn't it better than gaining or staying at the same weight? YOU CAN and WILL DO IT!! Just keep following the plan and the weight/inches will come off!!

Good morning everyone, Hope everyone had a great weekend. It's a dreary day here in Southern Mississippi so its a good day to stay indoors. I do have to go out later though because I am TOTALLY out of veggies which NEVER happens!!!.....I have enough pickled okra for lunch but that is it! I am hoping that it lets up a bit after lunch so that I can do to the store, if not I will be a wet puppy!.....lol....Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #13  
Recent Starter

S/C/G: 218.6/200.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning! Hope Monday is going well for everyone. I'm happy to have made it to day 6 - I think my body is finally adjusting. Days 3-5 were really rough but my scale is saying nice things to me so I'm convinced it will be worth it. Seems like I need a whole lot more water than I originally expected.

Our coach has been great - she's called several times and had helpful suggestions. Can't wait for the weigh-in tomorrow and the official results!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

I lost 40 lbs in the first two months, but I started at 305 lbs....big difference in our starting weights. I'm now down to around 10 lbs (I think it was less then that last month) but I've accepted that as long as it's going down it doesn't matter. Really, there has been no other diet for me that has caused this much sucess. I no longer stress about how long it's going to take me, cause I'm sticking to it. This is the ONLY diet that I have really wrapped my head around, I bought totally into the science. I also decided that I would give it my best for as long as it took.

Once I stressed about how much the scale was going to drop (I was away for two weeks). My VIP (the bf) gave me a good mantra, "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it's not going to change what you do tomorrow". Remembering that has really calmed me down, this is my journey and no one elses. As hard as it is (we all do it sometimes even if we have to stop ourselves in the moment of doing it) you have to stop comparing yourself to others. It really is your journey not theirs.

You're doing GREAT, stay strong!

Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

Brand new to this thread and brand new to IP. I'm actually starting on Wednesday. Met my coach last week and had the orientation...very excited to start. Having a colonoscopy & endoscopy done this morning (in 1 hour). My gastroenterologist thought it might be a good idea because I have so much inflammation. Most inflammation stems from the gut, so we thought it might be a good idea to check things out before I start the plan.

I'll tell you this....I can't imagine the first few days of IP being anymore difficult than fasting for 24 hours then drinking some nasty stuff (a gallon of it) and spending 3-4 hours in the bathroom! If I can do that, I can do anything, right? Lol
Closed Thread