Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1

Question SlimQuick

im curious about this one... ive seen the hyped commercial with the comical guys pants falling down to his ankles, but does the stuff actually work? do any of these pills REALLY work or are do you all think they're just scams?
chicklett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

None of them work to do anything but make you sick.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I don't know much about it, but I went and took a look at it. I'm of the opinion that if it helps you to get to your goal, then go for it. I'm looking at the slim quick products, and one thing that bothers me about the site is that the ingredients are a little bit hard to find. Once I found the ingredients, they seemed typical of others other weight loss supplements out there, and they don't seem particularly dangerous or unhealthy. I would certainly think it's worth a try. If you do try it, please give us a review.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

There is not magic pill, drink, or powder that will magically make the weight disappear. Save your money, eat healthy, exercise and use that money to buy yourself a reward when you reach your goal.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #5  

yeah, im a bit apprehensive on taking 'diet pills', or any pill for that matter. i take vitamins and thats it. those commercials make it seem like miracles will occur before you leave the grocery store. LOL
Old 12-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #6  

Smile

twinieten: thank you for going and checking out the ingredients, i appreciate that! im not sure if ill try it, cause like i said, im apprehensive about taking diet pills. but if i do, i'll let you know!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I'll tell you what... I see nothing wrong with seeking help in the form of a pill or bottle if that's what it takes. I was moving up and down and all around the same 4 pounds for two months. Frustration landed me in line at a weight loss clinic where I got a shot and some pills. All I can say is there was some magic in them there pills because they got the scale moving again. I didn't feel the desire to go back for more, but I got what I wanted out of the experience, and I know I can go back again if necessary.

So....... if you think it would help, go for it.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #8  

wow, thats great! im glad you were able to get something out of the pills. im curious about some of them, yet im also a bit nervous because of whats really in them. i havent decided what im going to do yet.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
There is not magic pill, drink, or powder that will magically make the weight disappear. Save your money, eat healthy, exercise and use that money to buy yourself a reward when you reach your goal.
I agree that there is nothing out there that is magical. I have seen people have gastric bypass and the lapband and they still gained most of their weight back. You have to learn how to eat in moderation and to exercise. That is really the only healthy way to do it. Now, I am not saying that everyone gains their weight back that has these procedures, and for some people it is a life saver. But, I think that for the people that are not morbidly obese then the best way is through better nutrition/diet and exercise.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

I tried the slimquick "cleanse" as well as the regular pill that you take after that. The cleanse did what they normally do.....keeping you in the bathroom for a whole week.
The regular stuff after that didn't really help me at all. I was dieting and exercising and I still couldn't lose weight to save my life! I'd say don't bother with it. I haven't been able to lose weight until I went to my doctor.
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote