PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2011 December PCOS Support Thread!

Happy Holidays! A new month! All welcome! Last month's thread is here.
  • Who's here this month?
  • How are you?
  • What are you working on?
  • How was last month?
  • How's your PCOS management going?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who's here this month?

I am, of course! A day late! But thank you, astrophe, for starting the thread. I was traveling for work!

How are you?

I'm good. A bit tired, it's the end of the year after all...... I've been drinking a lot of coffee recently, I don't know if that's good or not.

I dropped the green tea after I burned myself when I dropped a teapot. Ouch, that was painful. The coffee just comes out of the machine, so it's much easier than steeping the leaves. But I am thinking I need to switch back. I just like having a warm liquid in my hands.

What are you working on?

Maintaining the weight loss from the stomach virus I had two weeks. I started to see my weight creep up 1 lb every day for two days straight and I was entering a panic because I hadn't changed my diet. I then got my period!

YAY. This month was another 30 day cycle. Very cool.

How was last month?

Good. I was sick, but it was a good weight loss kick, I guess! It's horrible, obviously, no one should lose weight that way, I did want to die for a while there, but if you look at the silver lining, that was about it.

In terms of exercise, it was great, I think. December is always going to be harder with family events, Christmas, and all of that. I'm also having a house guest for two weeks (family!) at the end of the month, so exercising should be interesting. I was also working out in the morning with my boyfriend, but he's pooped out for the last weeks. First it was sickness, then now it's too much work. Tsk, tsk. I'm still keeping mine up.

As for food, I've been doing pretty well, on the low carbish, as usual. I've also been avoiding extras like the brown rice, unless I really need it (for days when I exercise really hard). We'll see if that makes a lot of difference. I've been traveling for work now and I always end up eating breads (which I never do!) so, I expect to see the scale go up.

How's your PCOS management going?

Good, I think. My cycle is here. I'm taking my supplements. I feel great. My endo wanted me to reach 160, and I'm almost there. Yay. My next goal is really to get to 150 and then my "dream" goal will be 140.

The one thing that I am having trouble reconciling and I may start a thread on this in the general weight loss support side is that I am beginning to train really hard -- train, rather than just exercise. And I want to make sure that I am eating well for that training rather than weight loss, I guess, because I don't want to exhaust or hurt my body. But I still need to lose weight. So, I need to figure out how to do that, because I've never really "trained" before. I've always just exercised.

I'm training for cycling -- I signed up for some rides.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

RANA:
That's awesome that you are training to cycle! I started to wonder if I want to sign back up for a half marathon walk. That was the fittest I've been and it was a huge motivation for me to do it. I have to see where I am at when registration opens for my fav one.

MY CHECK IN

Who's here this month?

I'm back. Again. At least I keep coming back, right?

How are you?

Better. Cheerful, rested, more optimistic.

What are you working on?

Back to baby steps. I got my new Healthminder book and began today. Literally on a new page, people! Writing my food log, writing the meds and vitamins, getting in a workout, however tiny.

I started up the BistroMD to get me through the holidays. We've pared back on activities and home decor. Still want to do some nice things for the kid, but let's keep it real here.

Dad is out of hospital, and Mom and I are still learning to cope with a mentally ill person and his needs. It's been a very rocky year and October and November with him in the hospital was particularly tense.

I spent Thanksgiving with my sister to rest and rejuvenate and that helped a lot.

How was last month?

Up and down, but on the upswing, thank heavens!

It's def been affected by dad's eldercare stuff. So stressy with him that I've neglected ME! That's got to change. So that's my goal this month. Tracking things and putting MY care needs on the plate too.

A.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  

I hope you really focus on you.

"Training" has helped me really stick to exercise. And it makes me feel accomplished, like I am making progress to something, rather than just sitting in a hamster wheel, not really going anywhere.

I hope things start getting better for you!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Baby steps continue! Getting better sleep, keeping up with all meds and vitamins, food logging what and when I ate it, even if I'm not ready to calorie count in detail yet, trying to eat more at home, less junk, etc.

A.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  

Baby steps are really the way to go! You can do it, Astrophe.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Who's here this month?
me :d

How are you?
really run down after my laparoscopy cold sores and maybe an infection

What are you working on?
maintaining my weight loss

How was last month?
ok had the laparoscopy and they are happy with all gyne stuff so do not want to see me again but they do think i have ibs

well doctors havent mentioned about my cysts and have dischaged me from seeing them so thats good news xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  

I hope you continue to get better, ems!

I'm sorry about feeling run down, but you know, you just went through surgery!!!! I think that's understandable. Just keep taking care of yourself so you can recuperate beautifully!

You're doing so great, you'll be fine, even if you have IBS. I have friends who have lived with it for many many years, they are healthy and they function, and it sucks (because one has Crohn's disease too with the IBS) but it's more of an incentive to eat healthy.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks rana im feeling abit better today thanks. How are you doing? xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #10  

Good. Still here. Still frustrated at my scale.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #11  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

ems81wales: Glad you are doing better and the lap went ok!

I'm better. I don't know what I ate yesterday that set me off -- just feeling pukey. But I still kept up with the notes. I seem to be shaking it off so maybe it was food poisoning? I don't know.

I am looking into getting new sneakers. I know my feet could use 'em!

A.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220 lbs

Who's here this month?
Me. Im really super new at this.

How are you?

Stressed. Senior year, anxiety problems, and gettin ready for college EEK.

What are you working on?

Not locking myself away. Lately I just feel really weird around people and super self concious about my weight and just pcos cymptoms in general

How was last month?

Last month was ok. Nothing really evident happened

Ugh. frustratingly not well. I was diagnosed maybe 4 months ago.. Im on my 4th well starting my 5th cycle of the birthcontrol my doc put me on, but i feel like its making everything worse. Especially the hirsutism and weight gain. Bah. suckfest.
bunny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #13  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

bunny93:

A while ago I posted this interesting bit on BCP for PCOS.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ills-pcos.html

If your current brand is not working out and you've already been on it 4 packs, you may want to bring that up with the doc. Might not be the right type/strength for you.

GL!
A.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #14  

Welcome, bunny!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Yay. New sneaks shipped!

And I went to allergist and did the first round of prick tests to get back on track there with allergy shots.

Missing dentist so I have to schedule that, next endoc in January.

I am totally putting MY needs on the front burner. Go me!

A.