Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #1  

Default fighting the urge to cheat!

Hi,

Okay, it's ten pm..I should be getting sleep.

The last piece of ice cream cake from Matthew's birthday is in the freezer, and it's calling me-LOUDLY! (and it's not crappy Carvel, it's homemade ice cream cake from our local Italian restaurant)

If anyone else is up and posting, please talk me out of it. I don't want to hate myself tomorrow.

I'm going to try to go bed now without setting foot in the kitchen. Cause if I go there, one of two things will happen:

I'll eat something else to substitute for the cake....then eat another thing to substitute for the cake, then eventually eat the cake (along with about six hundred other extra calories) and hate myself.....

Or I'll just eat the cake and hate myself....

Anyone else have these battles?

All right, I'm holding myself accountable. If I do give in, I'll post about it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll report that I DID NOT eat the
#$%& cake!

Sherry-who cannot have any chocolate in the house!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:47 PM   #2  

Are you still there? I'm not sure if you're still up or not, but I know the battle you're fighting and I bet we've all been there really often!!!

Hang in there, you can fight this. Think of your long term goals and how much you really want this. You know that if you eat the cake, the enjoyment will just be temporary, but fighting the urge will leave you feeling stronger and more fulfilled in the long run.

But, if you did eat it, don't beat yourself up. One setback is not going to ruin you and don't let it throw you off track for days to come. Just just right up and keep going.

Let us know how you're doing.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:58 PM   #3  

if your still up i am here having sympathy cravings for you...i have had the worst munchies today cause TOM is comming. I am sitting here drawing strength from these lovely ladies to not raid the fridge myself.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:52 AM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I know that exact feeling Sherry. I had it last Tuesday with spaghetti. Only I gave in. I hope you made it and are sleeping sound knowing that you beat it.

If you did not I still hope your sleeping well knowing tomorrow is a new day and you can start out knowing that you will make it.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:57 AM   #5  

I'm still up... as always... almost midnight! You know, what I usually want is someone to hold me and tell me they love me... DH is more than willing to do that, but I seem to want some archetypal guardian angel/prince charming or something. When I can admit that, I can go to bed and dream.

Barring that... at least have a couple of glasses of water first and wait 10 minutes! Brushing your teeth can help, too.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:35 AM   #6  

Hi,

Okay, I'm proud to say I drank some water and went to bed. I didn't eat the cake. Thanks to all of you! (but it's still in the freezer!)

Painterwoman, you brought up a really good point. My husband works nights, and I think one of the reasons I go looking for food after he leaves is cause he's not here...something to think about!

Thanks,
sherry
Old 07-17-2003, 08:10 AM   #7  

Sherry,

I can completely relate to that. My DH is a truck driver and gone most of the time. My way of relaxing and rewarding myself for getting through the day used to be to sit down with my good friends Ben & Jerry every night. It was a reward and comfort. It's so hard to change those habits and to find something to take there place.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:54 AM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good for you, Sherry. That cake would not have lasted 5 minutes in my house.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:49 AM   #9  
Losin It For GOOD!

don't cheat babe - rinse it down the drain if you have to because you KNOW if you eat it you will just be upset with yourself later. YOU CAN DO IT! I'm so proud of you for resisting so far!
Closed Thread