S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling:Nov 28- Dec 4

New Pages for everyone
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #2  

I've got a very busy week ahead--3 tap performances, 2 practice/class sessions, 2 gym appointments, a party, etc. But, I've cancelled today's gym appointment because I've had a sore throat since Thanksgiving night, and don't feel like lifting weights today.

Nancy, good going on getting the reno materials yesterday. You and Vicki are going to enjoy your new rooms for sure.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

The demolition has started! I'm looking for a place to hide. Anyone have a spare room?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
The demolition has started! I'm looking for a place to hide. Anyone have a spare room?
Mine too !!!
I am sitting in the dining room doing paperwork right below the demo...
I need a place to hide too..
The problem with getting a handyman to do this is he wants so much direction from me..I feel better when a pro is giving me direction..know what I mean??
I love the tile & accent tile I chose..so it should look good.
We spend hours this morning deciding grout line size, placement of accent tile, placement of shampoo corner shelf..& other options..I don't know how anyone could not be home while this is done because I am busy running for things he needs & making decisions ...

Last edited by nancy237; 11-29-2011 at 02:22 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your sore throat. Take care of yourself.

Nancy and Vickie, you're going to enjoy your new baths before too long.

I have pedi/mani/ & hair cut/color today. We have friends coming over this evening. I sub in Computer Tech classes Thursday; then we will be flinging arrows at a local shop this Saturday with friends.

My eating is good. I made Curtis some ham/cheese biscuits this morning and didn't eat any. I stuck with my OP bfast. (Pat on my back)

Have a Terrifically Thrilling Tuesday, everyone. I'll catch you later.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-29-2011 at 12:36 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #6  

OK, we'll post on this thread.

Vickie and Nancy, you have my sympathies. I have a great guest room, with its own bath, TV and computer. C'mon down.

Ems, that sounds like good news from your doctors.

Good going Sandra about being OP. We went out for breakfast this morning, and I had Migas (for you non-Texans, that's scrambled eggs with salsa, jalopenas, tortillas, etc).

I went to the gym yesterday anyway and did about 1/2 of my workout. It was a better decision to do a little bit instead of none.

We babysat for DH's daughter and SIL last night so they could go out for her birthday. Those gks are so cute. The 7 year old challenged me to a game of checkers. I haven't played in years and don't know how to play well enough to lose on purpose So, I beat him while trying to teach him along the way. He said "this is harder than I thought." Isn't it though!?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #7  

Old 11-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

reposting this just in case no one seen in other thread :d

hey girls thanks for all your kind words everything went well thanks they said they dont wanna see me for a follow up so got the all clear thank god. THey do however think i have ibs and that what the bowel pain was and not endermitriosis they didnt mention my bulky ovaries so they must be ok now. hope your all well xxx

ps they have given me medication to help with the ibs il see how it goes xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  

Thanks for reposting, Ems.

I hear on CNN that Britain is experiencing a major strike today. Don't we live in "interesting times" though.

I'm off to run some errands today, back later. My stricter approach to food got a bit sidelined by Thanksgiving carbs, but I seem to be back on track today. I'm not getting on the scales though

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired and stressed but on program for the moment. Day 2 should be easier, though this is the day the tub and shower pan get removed. Always a danger when workers are carrying large dirty stuff through a house. Yesterday was full of bad news but happy endings. Apparently, our toilet and shower were leaking HORRIBLY. The floor was wet and moldy down through the sub floor. They had to tear it ALL up and will replace it all today. The floor wasn't level so there were all kinds of complications. the good news is that these guys we chose seem wonderful and we think they are going to take good care of us. The seem to be craftsman and have pride in their work. I hope I still feel the same by day 14!

Ems....I'm glad your'e ok and at least have a diagnosis. IBS will take a significant dietary change but might make you feel a lot better once you make the change.

Rhonda, if you were in IL I would be tempted! Though Brodie would be an adjustment for you!

Sandra...computer lab? I would LOVE that. What did you learn?

Nancy, I feel your pain! I asked yesterday if they needed me to make any decisions. I was going out for about an hour to my seamstress to have her alter my winter tops and coat sleeves. I hadn't even gotten to her house yet and I got a phone call from Jim asking me to choose the color of the electrical outlets and switches! I said REALLY this can't wait until I get home. Whatever. The project manager told me that they always talk to the women if they can because we are the ones calling all the shots. That made me laugh! I hope you didn't have any bad surprises. You sound so happy with your choices. I'm sick to my stomach that my choices won't all look nice together. Ugh....gotta stop talking about it because it make me sick!

Later chicks!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I hadn't heard about the strike. What are they striking about?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #13  

I am so stressed about this bath job...

The guy I am using is shouting things like "oh my" , "oh drat" , "oh boy"
"shoot" constantly from the bath he is working on..
But when I check in everything is going fine he says...

I really think its going fine and its just his way , but it sure makes me nervous..
I used to have a dentist that made faces while he was working in my mouth..drove me crazy...

Last edited by nancy237; 11-30-2011 at 11:17 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I went for my salon appt yesterday only to come back home. My stylist has just switched her appt reminders from book to computer and somehow didn't get mine transferred. So, today I go again. I am going for nails only and will get the hair cut/color next month. I'm thinking of letting my hair go natural color so this will let me see what 9 weeks into it looks like.

Vickie and Rhonda, on being OP. I am, too. So far so good. I'm on day 5. Baby steps.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

Nancy, hang in there.